Confirmed with Link: [COL/NJ] Eric Gelinas for 2017 3rd Round Pick

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If he even turns out to be a passible bottom pairing defensemen next season, he will be well worth a 3rd round pick... especially one that isn't until next year that can be re-couped.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
For all the whining people do over the Berra contract, he has the exact same one next year and nobody really is worried about paying a bottom pair D that much who could even find himself on waivers eventually. I'm willing to give him a chance, I can see they liked him and wanted to bring in another project, I have nothing against him. But I also can't see why they needed to do this deal.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Who else thinks we see the devils trade us back that pick once Dunk shows he's healthy again? With how hard they were scouting the rampage, it's gotta be him that they were looking at before settling on a 2017 3rd.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
i was actually starting to like what i was seeing in gelinas right before he got hurt. definitely has some warts, but you can see that the guy has potential to stick around

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Who else thinks we see the devils trade us back that pick once Dunk shows he's healthy again? With how hard they were scouting the rampage, it's gotta be him that they were looking at before settling on a 2017 3rd.

Siemens for a third at the draft?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Siemens for a third at the draft?

I'm actually surprised that he didn't ask for a trade yet. With Siemens, it's almost literally "they try everyone but me".

As for Gelinas, he's too old to be labeled as a project now. While I understand that some dmen take a lot of time to develop, Gelinas is 24 and his ceiling is getting lower and lower.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
3rd round picks don't have any value. % of making the NHL and all that...

Cap space and roster space have value.

Just wasting a spot on another bottom pairing LHD in Gelinas, to go along with Gormley, Siemens, Stuart, Bodnerchuck.....Anyone of those guys could do what Gelinas does now, and long term.....and Gelinas costs 1.6 million this year and next...almost double the price of Gormley. I'd take my chances that 3rd pick player is better than Gelinas.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
I'm actually surprised that he didn't ask for a trade yet. With Siemens, it's almost literally "they try everyone but me".

As for Gelinas, he's too old to be labeled as a project now. While I understand that some dmen take a lot of time to develop, Gelinas is 24 and his ceiling is getting lower and lower.

Isn't he up for contract this summer? Avs won't offer him a contract. So he'll be free to go elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad