Proposal: Col/Mtl around Drouin for Byram

Newt91

Feb 8, 2019
I get the allure of having Drouin re-unite with Mackinnon but Byram's potential/value is just too high for Colorado. Sakic isn't stupid

Reactions: Lemonlimey

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Just because Tampa fleeced Montreal out of a top prospect (and defenseman that MTL badly needed), doesn't mean Montreal needs to fleece Colorado in return. Besides, Joe Sakic is no dummy when it comes to trades - he's definitely no Bergevin.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Man you are doubling down on your awful hot take.

Drouin is a lazy, unmotivated player. He's shown that since his hold out in Tampa. No one wants him, so enjoy. It's funny Habs fans have barely had him around and he's done nothing spectacular but for some reason he's always in proposals for absurd returns lol.

Reactions: TML1990

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
K well burakovsky is about to eclipse drouins career high. Send over Caufield plus some and we will send over bura. Since he's already in the NHL and Caufield isnt. Sound good?
Your reasoning seem to assume I said COL should do the Byram trade, which I never said. I only reminded to the Av fan tashing Douin that he has made it to the nhl and is a very good player, not elite as TB or MTL would have wanted him to be. :)

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Mtl seem to have too much center short term and D is a crying need. Col could go all the way this year and Byram is still young for now.

Plus: Drouin has a low cap for 4 more years at 5.5M. 24 years old. Chemistry with Mckinnon. Could be a good fit for him. Wouldn't have to be the main piece of a poor offense, meaning less pressure.

Byram could become what Mtl really needs in D eventually. Col already has Makar in that chair.

Minus: Mtl invest in a prospect again and lose a top forward for now.

Col lose a potential top D prospect.

What would need to be added to close this deal for Col to make that push to the Cup and for Mtl to get that missing piece in defense?

If I’m Colorado and I’m thinking of parting with Byrum, I’m trying to get Kyle Connor from the Jets instead, like has been mentioned in the trade proposals here. Much much better player than Drouin is ! o_O

Reactions: TML1990

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Drouin is a lazy, unmotivated player. He's shown that since his hold out in Tampa. No one wants him, so enjoy. It's funny Habs fans have barely had him around and he's done nothing spectacular but for some reason he's always in proposals for absurd returns lol.
Man why do Avs fans like to spew nonsense as fact? Just a couple weeks ago we had them telling us Petry was slow. If Ryan Hartman can get a 1st, something tells me so can Drouin...

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
For Habs fans, to realize how ridiculous the proposal is Avs can offer former 1st round pick, established NHLer Nikita Zadorov for undersized one dimensional forward from the most recent draft who sucked at the most WJC.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Why do so many posters assume the Avs are just going to give up Byram for an underwhelming return. It is not happening.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
For Habs fans, to realize how ridiculous the proposal is Avs can offer former 1st round pick, established NHLer Nikita Zadorov for a 40+ goal scorer.
Fixed that for ya, il keep the future elite nhl goalscorer

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I dont think its a good trade for the avs necessarily but man oh man is byram getting overrated hahaha
The only one getting overrated in this thread is Drouin. Never seen a 2nd line winger with a career high of 53 points and a defensive liability be so overrated.

He's 24, he's not going to magically turn into an elite top line winger, stats show he should be in his prime, you all talk like he's some 18 year old prospect waiting to break out.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
I understand the idea of keeping byram, if he was a hab i wouldn't either. but some of the avalanche fans in here talking like hes a guaranteed first ballot HOF'r before hes even played a game

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
How many 1st rounders is Mtl attaching to Drouin? At least 2 imo

How about 0 because he’s 24, signed long term at 5.5M, a local kid and simply ain’t getting traded. Colorado like Byram? Good for them. We like Drouin and we have no intention to move the guy unless the return is just too good to pass.

Everything has a price but Drouin’s certainly not draft picks or prospect.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
First Connor, then DeBrincat, now Drouin.

Stop it.

Byram won't get traded and especially not for a winger.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
There is no path to a Drouin to Col trade. Byram is far too valuable for the Avs to give up in a Drouin + trade. Habs wouldn't accept lesser value like Zadorov or scraps like Jost +. There is no deal to be made.

pockets

Thank you, Bill!
Aug 12, 2003
Green Mountain
Might be salivating, but in two years Avs are gonna have cap issues when all ufa and rfa players get to sign big contracts. Byram won't take cheap discount
The only two big contracts coming in 2 years are Makar and Landy. If Byram doesn’t play this year then his 3 year contract slides to next and he wouldn’t get extended until a season after Makar & Landy but at that point he’s still only a RFA with no arbitration rights. Kadri will be due an extension then but it’s not going to huge and if he wants to leave, well that’s when Newhook slides in. Think you need to take a deeper look at the Avs cap situation but essentially using the argument that he’s going to command a large salary in several years as a reason to trade him now is beyond foolish.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Truth hurts, go start a poll and ask if you'd give a first round pick for Drouin. He's so overrated because he's French.
Most likely the complete opposite :
- Easily worth a 1st from any playoff/bubble team.
- Underrated.
- He's franco canadien not french.
- Being 'french' doesn't help him in any way, shape or form.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad