Proposal: Col/Mtl around Drouin for Byram

Toastman

Oct 12, 2011
IF Montreal were to go after Byram, they would have to add.
Drouin, although extremely talented, is most likely going to go through his career being a second line center, whereas Byram is most likely going to be a top pairing d-man. Kids a stud....

Reactions: Fixxer

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
Kotkaniemi with 8 points this year, Habs fans "Guys relax hea only 19, hes still a top 3 pick. This means nothing".

Byram having a similar offensive year to last year, same Habs fans "His stock is plummeting! We will give you a 50ish point winger for Byram but you might have to add. He might be a bust".
lol, this is brutal violence in text form.

And there Eric Johnson's contract ends freeing up $6 million.
How very convenient for us! :D

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Connor, Price, Drouin, Coleman, Ehlers. They're all fine players but Colorado is not trading the #1 NHL prospect when their biggest weakness is D in their prospect pool.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Connor, Price, Drouin, Coleman, Ehlers. They're all fine players but Colorado is not trading the #1 NHL prospect when their biggest weakness is D in their prospect pool.

I wouldn't say our biggest weakness is D for prospects. Our top 4 is pretty much locked down and all under 25 (graves the oldest at 24). Timmins and Byram to come. So that will be 5 dmen under 25. 4 of them under 23. Will be a while before we need any high calibre D prospects. But definitely the fact remains Byram isn't being traded unless it's for a clear cut top line wing that has produced more than 50 pts and can break open a game. Don't see any offers on here except the Connor rumor that makes sense.

Last edited:

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
He had 15 points in 22 games before he got injured, that's 55 points pace, right around his career average. Not sure what math you're using.:facepalm:

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
They are 19 lol. It’s a 19 year olds tournament for defenseman. It’s very rare for 18 year olds to stand out and yet Byram was still used as their shutdown D. How could you possibly come away from the WHC disappointed by how he played. He was a rock.

Romanov won the best D at 18 completely dominating the tournament.

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
He had 15 points in 22 games before he got injured, that's 55 points pace, right around his career average. Not sure what math you're using.:facepalm:

Did you watch him play long enough this year ?

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Montreal lost by trading a young, high potential defender for Drouin. Why would Colorado copy what Montreal did?

And I'm sorry, but he's got chemistry with MacKinnon? They haven't played together in 7 years!

Kaiden Ghoul

Jan 19, 2020
Why does it matter? You said he was on paced for 60-70 points and I just showed you he wasn't. So according to you he was playing amazing but can't even crack a 60 points pace.

Again........ he played with struggling young players...
Who cares about the pace lol ?
The way he was playing pre injury make me believe he could have put between 60-70 points with Suzuki barring injury

Kaiden Ghoul

Jan 19, 2020
Why does it matter? You said he was on paced for 60-70 points and I just showed you he wasn't. So according to you he was playing amazing but can't even crack a 60 points pace.

Ayoye...

The pace means nothing at quarter of the season
Domi Drouin was not working
Drouin Kotka same
Suzuki too young and he was more of a winger at the beginning.

Barring injury with the way Suzuki start playing the past month yeah I think we look at a player with a 60/70 points total.

15 points in 22 games while KK and Domi were doing nothing it's not something to overlook.

Kaiden Ghoul

Jan 19, 2020
Is he worth Drouin yet? :laugh:

Who knows lol:rolleyes:

Remember when Drouin carried the team with the absence of MacKinnon ? Yeah the same Drouin who put 41 points in 16 playoff game who won the memorial cup in his D1.
You don't want to trade Byram for Drouin fine but cut the crap with your non sense:help:

Cause prospect>Proven player right

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
I love these Byram trade threads.

Most of them read like teams are doing the Av's a favor trading for the guy.

Byram is going to be a stud.

Keep these threads coming tho. I can't get enough of them.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Domi is a winger on COL (Kadri's wing). I'd pay more for Domi than Drouin but it's still not gonna get Byram involved.

Well I did not say Byram, I asked what you would pay, so best offer please. And remember, Doni can play centre if needed.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
I love how in the other thread you're telling Rangers fans they should be worried about DeAngelo because he only puts up points, and in this thread you're telling Avs fans they should be worried about Byram because he's not putting up enough points.

It's almost like people don't understand that as the number one dman, when your team isn't as much of an offensive force all around then you will be defending alot more. He's slightly under ppg on a fringe playoff team and everyone's acting likes he's having a disaster of a D1 season lol. Wild.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
This reminds me of when Bern was trying to convince Detroit fans they needed to give up Seider and their 1st for Chytil and Deangelo...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad