Confirmed with Link: [COL/MIN] Ian Cole for Greg Pateryn

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Actually in the interest of education I'd really like to know what he meant. :dunce:
82250ce9f1a1dacff4d23b4d9b0bb432.jpg

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
So quick question - does it hurt us to play Byram this season due to the impending expansion draft for Seattle?

If Byram plays more than 9 games this season do we have to use a "protection" spot on him, or is he still ineligible?

Same question for Kaut. Does Kaut have any chance of playing in the NHL this season due to protection/expansion draft issues?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
So quick question - does it hurt us to play Byram this season due to the impending expansion draft for Seattle?

If Byram plays more than 9 games this season do we have to use a "protection" spot on him, or is he still ineligible?

Same question for Kaut. Does Kaut have any chance of playing in the NHL this season due to protection/expansion draft issues?
Byram won't have played in his 2nd professional season so he doesn't need to be protected, whereas Kaut will have to be protected regardless.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

Kaut and Byram are both exempt.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Cupboards or rather 'cubbards' is an old joke on these Avs boards from a few oldtimers who have been around since the start or close to it. Much like 'Christina Woloski' and 'Fat Snake Eat Lacroix', you kind of had to be there. :)
Thanks for clarifying :)

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Got better analytics than Pateryn. And Sakic used that methodology to take Wonder Boy Dubas to the cleaners.

Well I'm pretty sure he has better EVERYTHING than Pateryn--Avs weren't looking for an upgrade, they were looking for cap relief and an extra defender that would have no issue sitting in the press box. I don't see what that has to do with fancy stats.

FTR I'm not entirely convinced Pateryn is demonstrably worse than Cole at this point, but that's mainly because Cole looked so abysmal to start this season.

I suppose you can use whatever anti-analytics narrative you wish, the Kadri/Barrie deal worked out heavily in the Avalanche's favor, and I'm okay with that however it worked out.

Reactions: Richard88

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
We should all give Dater some credit on this one btw. He speculated weeks ago that there were talks of the Avs potentially moving Cole to create some cap space and open up room for Byram and we all said he was crazy. He was bang on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad