Confirmed Trade: [COL/LA] Jarome Iginla (50% retained) for a conditional 2018 4th rounder

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Yeah, Iggy is pretty much done. He might be useful with reduced ice time but it's not like putting him on LA will make him any better, it will just kinda mask his deficiencies some of the time. Good for him scoring a goal though.

He scored two goals. One in overtime, during a 4-on-3 powerplay.

He also played 20:02. His highest TOI in Colorado this season was 19:05; but his time in Colorado has ranged between around 8-15 minutes most of the time.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
He scored two goals. One in overtime, during a 4-on-3 powerplay.

He also played 20:02. His highest TOI in Colorado this season was 19:05; but his time in Colorado has ranged between around 8-15 minutes most of the time.

Better team, better system, real coach...

That said, Iggy totally mailed it in with Co. Also the trade is fresh, Tanguay was decent his first few games with the Yotes last year then tanked fast and retired. So yeah give it a couple weeks.

He's not gonna be that way every game. He even had his surprise games for CO. Let the new smell wear off and you'll see.

AnThGrt

Feb 13, 2005
Park City, UT

That said, Iggy totally mailed it in with Co. Also the trade is fresh, Tanguay was decent his first few games with the Yotes last year then tanked fast and retired. So yeah give it a couple weeks.

He's not gonna be that way every game. He even had his surprise games for CO. Let the new smell wear off and you'll see.
This sounds like Lecavalier who people had as way worse off... Never did the smell wear off and instead ended up potting the 2nd most goals of anyone on our team through the end stretch. Not saying this is the same or Iginla doesn't go back to obscurity. Same time right now it is looking more like Lecavalier than Tanguay

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
This sounds like Lecavalier who people had as way worse off... Never did the smell wear off and instead ended up potting the 2nd most goals of anyone on our team through the end stretch. Not saying this is the same or Iginla doesn't go back to obscurity. Same time right now it is looking more like Lecavalier than Tanguay

Eh... give it a couple weeks.

Not that I want that to be the case. I'd love a 4th.

Reinhart

Jun 13, 2011
Tanguay is a terrible comparison, though.

Vets going to a team headed to the playoffs (or at least, a playoff push) usually up their game.

How many vets really play with passion playing out a string, knowing that playoffs are not realistic? Given that it was Tanguay, it was even more likely that he would have slowed down, given the fact that he has done this before a few times in his career (and admitted to it in Calgary at the end of the year, prompting Feaster to make that poor trade to begin with). That's twice in Calgary, and once in Tampa.

Tanguay was a heck of a playmaker - one of the most gifted and underrated for a generation I think - but I would have expected him to slow down under those circumstances. I don't want to criticize him so much (I really do think he was such an awesome playmaker with a sniper's shot that he used too infrequently) but that is the player I remember.

I bet that Iginla continues playing hard and experiences some good success. I thought any contender fitting him in while not giving up much would be making a really strong trade to shore up scoring, physicality and just provide the team with a spark. Glad it was LA.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

I don't expect him to play at the level he played at every game. But I do think people are off in their assessment when they say he's "done."

I frankly just don't think a fast and unstructured team was a good fit for Iginla in the first place, and I said it to my step brother, a Bruins fan, who was mad about losing Iginla. I told him then that the Bruins would have been a better fit.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
God I hope Kopiyar can get Iggy enough goals to trick LA into signing him and giving us that 4th. Iggy has been as useless as Cliche this year.

Davit17

Jun 30, 2011
Was that cleared up? I thought it was win the cup; or make the playoffs + extend Iggy? TBH I'm just thrilled Iggy's gone and was less then entirely serious with my previous post.

Pretty sure it was wing the cup and sign him so don't het your hopes up just yet lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad