Proposal: Col - fla

nothin fancy

Oct 14, 2011
Newfoundland
Florida - Along the lines of:
Wilson / Holden / Hunwick (Roster Replacement)
2013 1st
Goalie Prospect

Mitchell (Roster Replacement)
Malone / Sgarbossa
Prospect ???
--------------------------------------------------------------
COL - Campbell and Flash

Flash / Duchene / PAP
ROR / Stastny / Landeskog
Mcginn / Mackinnon / Tanguay
Mcleod / Talbot / Bord
Cliche

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Florida - Along the lines of:
Wilson / Holden / Hunwick (Roster Replacement)
2013 1st
Goalie Prospect

Mitchell (Roster Replacement)
Malone / Sgarbossa
Prospect ???
--------------------------------------------------------------
COL - Campbell and Flash

Flash / Duchene / PAP
ROR / Stastny / Landeskog
Mcginn / Mackinnon / Tanguay
Mcleod / Talbot / Bord
Cliche

No thanks...unless the goalie prospect is Patterson.. even then, i'd change the 1st to a 2nd or 3rd with the salary the Avs are taking back.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't think Florida can trade almost $12M in salary without taking much back. They'd be under the salary floor.

Avs can't take on that much salary without it crippling the chances of keeping their players. Fleischmann is also not really needed with two similar players in Parenteau and Tanguay.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I actually kinda like it (not looking at a salary standpoint) though we really don't need flash. What about a deal for just Campbell?

AvsfanJack

Jun 30, 2013
Windsor
They both have NMC, and like buddy before said, Fleisch won't be coming back after we let him go. I don't know if I want Campbell at the 7M+ price tag he comes with. Tho I guess it depends what we give. Mitchell, Patterson and a 2nd? Lol

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Don't need Flash and even though we can afford it right now, it's probably not smart to add a cap hit of $11.6M.

I would take Campbell depending on the price.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Sports Teams & Players are like relationships. They rarely get back together.

Probably wishful thinking to have Flash back here. I'm not holding my breath.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Sports Teams & Players are like relationships. They rarely get back together.

Probably wishful thinking to have Flash back here. I'm not holding my breath.

Radulov? haha kidding... maybe not? Idk, if Tangs is out for awhile i'd be interested.

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That said...that top 9 looks really sexy

That top line would be so bad defensively. The Duchene line has already taken a hit since the Downie trade because PAP is so clueless in the defensive zone and he's usually good for at least one defensive zone turnover per game. You replace O'Reilly with Flash and it could get really ugly.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
No need for flash, but I'd be all over something around our first, Wilson and a non-Bigras/Barrie/Siemens prospect. Would be exactly what this team needs and wouldn't disrupt our core or key futures.

Avs For Life

#92 #9 #29
Jul 4, 2012
Denver, CO
That top line would be so bad defensively. The Duchene line has already taken a hit since the Downie trade because PAP is so clueless in the defensive zone and he's usually good for at least one defensive zone turnover per game. You replace O'Reilly with Flash and it could get really ugly.

I would switch it around...but the talent is awesome...

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Way, way too early to be talking about dealing that 1st rounder. It could still be a relatively high pick. Lots of teams have had starts like the Avs have had this year only to hit the wall hard the 2nd half of the season. A 1st rounder shouldn't be considered unless the return is huge...and I don't consider that "huge," sorry.

Campbell and Flash IMO don't add anything new except maybe some better firepower on the power play (which, I'll admit, is a definite need). IMO Campbell is on the decline and carries way too much $$$ for a player with as many flaws as he has.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It's definitely not fair to him to ask him to come back to the Denver altitude.

I like the idea of a 1st + Wilson for Campbell though.

He and his agent have been on record many times saying the altitude and whatever effect it may have had on his health was not a factor in his departure. So it's not fair or unfair to ask him to return--he wanted to stay.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
He and his agent have been on record many times saying the altitude and whatever effect it may have had on his health was not a factor in his departure. So it's not fair or unfair to ask him to return--he wanted to stay.

There's been no studies that I have seen which adequately confirm that pulmonary embolisms result only from rapid ascension and not also in high altitude environments. We know that rapid ascension is the primary cause, thus his pressure suit on airplanes. Pulmonary arterial pressure is the main cause and it has been shown that some people have unusually high pressure levels even at sea level, these people are even more susceptible to altitude increases even as 'low' as Denver's.

So again, it is unfair to potentially risk his health by trading for him when we don't even fully understand the causes of his problems other than the increased risk during rapid ascension.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
There's been no studies that I have seen which adequately confirm that pulmonary embolisms result only from rapid ascension and not also in high altitude environments. We know that rapid ascension is the primary cause, thus his pressure suit on airplanes. Pulmonary arterial pressure is the main cause and it has been shown that some people have unusually high pressure levels even at sea level, these people are even more susceptible to altitude increases even as 'low' as Denver's.

So again, it is unfair to potentially risk his health by trading for him when we don't even fully understand the causes of his problems other than the increased risk during rapid ascension.

So here you're saying that there's no proof that living/playing at altitude doesn't factor in, but you're also saying there's no proof that it does.

So again, it's his body, and his decision. He was more than wiling to re-sign here, which means he'd likely accept a trade back to Denver. If he truly thought it were a serious risk to his health, I'm sure he'd quietly tell Dale Tallon not to trade him to the Avs and Tallon would most certainly oblige.

Fair or unfair, it's not your call, nor is it mine or anyone else's other than his.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
So here you're saying that there's no proof that living/playing at altitude doesn't factor in, but you're also saying there's no proof that it does.

So again, it's his body, and his decision. He was more than wiling to re-sign here, which means he'd likely accept a trade back to Denver. If he truly thought it were a serious risk to his health, I'm sure he'd quietly tell Dale Tallon not to trade him to the Avs and Tallon would most certainly oblige.

Fair or unfair, it's not your call, nor is it mine or anyone else's other than his.

During WWII there was no proof that the heat generated from the radar boxes was anything more than heat and soldiers often times would sit by them for the added warmth. But not long after they came home and couldn't have kids did people realizing the boxes were releasing radiation and in fact were dangerous for people's health.

While it is true that correlation does not imply causation, would you like to be that soldier which sat on the microwave oven for everyone else afterwards to find out it was dangerous?

There's no reason to trade for Flash, let alone ask him to even potentially risk his health.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad