Confirmed with Link: [COL / AZ] Soderberg for Connauton & 3rd Round Pick

atreyuavenged

Nov 28, 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Think this just opens up a spot for Jost, Kamenev or Bowers to slot in. Soderberg is trending downwards and he's paid a decent chunk. Also acquire a depth defenseman since a couple of our stalwarts are starting the year injured.

Like what Soda's done here, but I think it was the right move.

Reactions: klozge and shadow1

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Think this just opens up a spot for Jost, Kamenev or Bowers to slot in. Soderberg is trending downwards and he's paid a decent chunk. Also acquire a depth defenseman since a couple of our stalwarts are starting the year injured.

Like what Soda's done here, but I think it was the right move.

Doubt Bowers will be ready besides a short stint or call up.

I suspect this would open a 3C or 4C for Compher or Kamenev, but still trades and UFAs to replace his lost production.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Doubt Bowers will be ready besides a short stint or call up.

I suspect this would open a 3C or 4C for Compher or Kamenev, but still trades and UFAs to replace his lost production.
Even if Bowers progresses well enough to deserve a 4C or even 3C spot on the Avs in the last 3rd of the season there's no obvious reason to trade Soda now. Sakic has to know something we don't.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Even with the pick gone, I’m still fine with this. Soderberg was unexpectedly bad in the playoffs, even worse than Kerfoot.

21-year-old Tyson Jost was much better in the playoffs and is turning into a good two way guy. If his minutes get bumped up, I have no doubt he can score 40+ points this season.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Even with the pick gone, I’m still fine with this. Soderberg was unexpectedly bad in the playoffs, even worse than Kerfoot.

21-year-old Tyson Jost was much better in the playoffs and is turning into a good two way guy. If his minutes get bumped up, I have no doubt he can score 40+ points this season.
I dont know man, if one think Jost was a better player than Soderberg in the playoffs, I think they are basing it purely of their shooting luck. Soda was always solid. Jost was the same as always.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He was Swedish though.
giphy.gif

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I dont know man, if one think Jost was a better player than Soderberg in the playoffs, I think they are basing it purely of their shooting luck. Soda was always solid. Jost was the same as always.

That is a real small sample size to bet a season on. I think Soda was gassed by the end of the year personally. Yeah he wasn't great in the PO but he was a reason we even got there.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
That is a real small sample size to bet a season on. I think Soda was gassed by the end of the year personally. Yeah he wasn't great in the PO but he was a reason we even got there.

I for one think the team that employs both players is in the best position to say whether the end of the season was indicative of future performance or just a bad stretch. Given that the Avs traded Soderberg, I believe they think he is playoff Carl going forward. Time will tell if that's right.

I loved Carl even before he had his great year with us, but even I suspected this upcoming year would be one of decline for him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I for one think the team that employs both players is in the best position to say whether the end of the season was indicative of future performance or just a bad stretch. Given that the Avs traded Soderberg, I believe they think he is playoff Carl going forward. Time will tell if that's right.

I loved Carl even before he had his great year with us, but even I suspected this upcoming year would be one of decline for him.

Why? This organization has consistently over-rated its own prospects. So why should we give them the benefit of the doubt now?

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Why? This organization has consistently over-rated its own prospects. So why should we give them the benefit of the doubt now?

Do you honestly believe Avalanche management are completely incompetent when it comes to evaluating their own players?

Reactions: Foxtail

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I didn't say they were completely incompetent, but sure.

I'm glad I don't think like you. I remember feeling that way about the Avs for a long time during the dark years, but now I generally think management knows what they're doing, and I'm much happier in my fandom now.

There's no point in arguing about it though. I think you're wrong obviously and you think I'm wrong. I'm happy to leave it at that.

Reactions: Foxtail

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm glad I don't think like you. I remember feeling that way about the Avs for a long time during the dark years, but now I generally think management knows what they're doing, and I'm much happier in my fandom now.

There's no point in arguing about it though. I think you're wrong obviously and you think I'm wrong. I'm happy to leave it at that.

See I used to give them the benefit of the doubt about them not over-rating their own picks, but that just led to disappointment. It's much easier to be a fan without getting worked up about their mistakes now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad