Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] Avalanche sign Hunter Miska (1 year, $700,000, 2-way)

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Last year around the deadline the following depth goalies all signed NHL deals in January/February after being previously unsigned/on AHL deals:
Ken Appelby (WPG); Chris Driedger (FLA); Adam Wilcox (BUF); Parker Milner (WAS); Jeremy Smith (NYI); Tom McCollum (NAS); Michael Leighton (VAN)

All but Driedger are currently unsigned. Teams just like to have an excess of goalie depth at this time of year. I wouldn't be shocked to see deals for some more goalies but most teams have seem to have more goalies on NHL deals this year.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Last year around the deadline the following depth goalies all signed NHL deals in January/February after being previously unsigned/on AHL deals:
Ken Appelby (WPG); Chris Driedger (FLA); Adam Wilcox (BUF); Parker Milner (WAS); Jeremy Smith (NYI); Tom McCollum (NAS); Michael Leighton (VAN)

All but Driedger are currently unsigned. Teams just like to have an excess of goalie depth at this time of year. I wouldn't be shocked to see deals for some more goalies but most teams have seem to have more goalies on NHL deals this year.

They should just trade future considerations for Kinkaid :naughty:

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Miska has been on an AHL contract all season. This gives him a bigger paycheck and lets him get called up, if needed. I guess they don't have any faith in Bibeau.

Bibeau is gone for the season, the signing is insurance if he can't come back. Still a good deal to add some Goalie depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad