Confirmed Signing with Link: [COL] Avalanche re-signs Patrick Nemeth (1-year $2.5mil)

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I’m surprised it’s only 1 year. He had a solid season but it’s a bit risky for a guy that started the season on waivers. Could go either way. And the Avs get to see what kind of season Makar and Timmins have before deciding on Nemeth for 19-20.

logik47

Sep 14, 2014
The Avs defensive pairings could look like this next season:

Girard-Johnson
Zadorov-Barrie
Cole-Nemeth

Extra: Lindholm, Barberio, Meloche

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Yeah I think Ivan’s got the right pairings. Cole and Nemeth are both solid at what they do but would be a complete black hole together.

Z could/should be ready to really step up into full time top pairing minutes. I expect Girard to still be on the third pair at ES and Cole will balance him with some size and toughness. Nemeth stays at home when Barrie is pushing up ice.

If Z is ready to handle 22+ a night and of EJ stays healthy, it’s a pretty solid and well balanced unit with a mix of styles and experience. Barberio becomes a super solid #7, Alt a fine reserve and we never have to see guys like Warsofsky again. Plus Meloche and Timmins hopefully earning some NHL playing time.

But yeah, take EJ out for a couple months and it totally changes the outlook unless a guy like Timmins just explodes out of camp looking like a young Brent Seabrook. As for Nemeth, I’d look for him to play the year in Denver and then move on...he could earn a solid UFA deal next summer if he repeats his season.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Excellent bottom pairing dman. Wish we got some term.

Even when EJ goes out, i think we’re stronger this year just cause we still dont have to use ahl guys. Love the depth and also giving timmins and meloche a full ahl year.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
He had a good year and got paid. Doesn’t really matter for the Avs with $12m in cap space and the entire roster now full. Likely walks as a UFA next summer.

Zadorov - Johnson
Nemeth - Barrie
Girard - Cole
Barberio

Pretty good, unfortunately the forward group isn’t as deep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->