[COL/ARI] Mikkel Boedker for Alex Tanguay, Conner Bleackley, and Kyle Wood Part II

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Gonna miss him as a prospect. He is a long-term sort of player, but developed correctly, I think he can become a good player.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm going to say Boeds gets the Yeti contract but with more term and some movement protection.

While not the end of the world if we can get him to sign that and the better options fall through, ideally he's signed for a little less than that. 4-4.5 per is the range I'd be happy with Boedker being signed for. 4.5-Soda I'm fine with; and Soda-to-Landy would leave me disappointed.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Avs were 32-28-4 before the trade deadline, basically a .500 team. They've gone 7-9-2 since.

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
That has more to do with injuries to Duchene and mackinnon then anything else imo

That's true, but even with MacK and Duchene healthy throughout I can't see us winning more than the Philly game and maybe last night. That puts us at 9-7-2. Which still has us out of the playoff picture.

This team just wasn't good enough to be buyers at the deadline.

I was a huge advocate of the trades when they happened. But by god I wish we had a compensatory second round pick and Kyle Wood right now instead of 18 games of Boedker.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
The trade is what it is, but I would not re-sign Boedker for anything more than 4.75M, and even then, that's pushing it for me. I don't think he makes much of an impact at all out there. He's picked up points, but is really invisible and soft for the most part.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Avs were 32-28-4 before the trade deadline, basically a .500 team. They've gone 7-9-2 since.

Meh. The thing is, Matthias and Boedker were actually 2 of our best players after the trade deadline. They were both towards the top of our team in points in those games.

If we hadn't bought, we would've been eliminated a week ago I think. We'd be looking at another 7-9 range draft pick as well most likely.

The rest of the team **** the bed down the stretch. Losing Mack and Dutchy didn't help either.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
The trade is what it is, but I would not re-sign Boedker for anything more than 4.75M, and even then, that's pushing it for me. I don't think he makes much of an impact at all out there. He's picked up points, but is really invisible and soft for the most part.

Don't want him signed at all based on what he'll get. We need more aggression, players who are strong defensively, and players who are good at maintaining and gaining possession of the puck. Not one of which Boedker seems to do.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I don't think we can blame Boeds for the playoffs. He was never going to be a key, core piece for the team. Also, remember who he was replacing in the top six. I guarantee Tanguay wouldn't have put up that many points. As for whether we keep him, it depends on how much he wants. I agree with TMV as far as what he's worth to us, and I'm perfectly fine with letting him walk if he insists on a dime more and taking Radulov instead.

In hindsight, I'd rather have Wood and the 2nd, but it is what it is. Hopefully Sakic will learn from this mistake.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Don't want him signed at all based on what he'll get. We need more aggression, players who are strong defensively, and players who are good at maintaining and gaining possession of the puck. Not one of which Boedker seems to do.

Yea hopefully he leaves. Never wanted him in the first place.

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
I don't think we can blame Boeds for the playoffs. He was never going to be a key, core piece for the team. Also, remember who he was replacing in the top six. I guarantee Tanguay wouldn't have put up that many points. As for whether we keep him, it depends on how much he wants. I agree with TMV as far as what he's worth to us, and I'm perfectly fine with letting him walk if he insists on a dime more and taking Radulov instead.

In hindsight, I'd rather have Wood and the 2nd, but it is what it is. Hopefully Sakic will learn from this mistake.

I still don't think it was a mistake. You trade Tanguay,a guy you know you won't sign, + for boedker, a guy you might sign, and then Duchene and Mack get injured. Not much you can do.

To Smiley. I agree. I think the Avs probably win the philly game. Definitely are more competitive against the wild (maybe pull out the win) and probably come out with a win last night.

With everyone healthy they had just gone on a 4 game winning streak. I think they had the chance to make it.

As I've said before the team made their bed at the beginning of the year and the injuries to Duchene and Mack were the final nail. With the way Minnesota had played I still think the Avs would have limped in to the playoffs.

I'm hoping that they re-sign boedker for 4-4.5 play him with Duchene and leave iginla (ideally traded) off his line. Wouldn't mind seeing Mathias back on a one year as well.

Grigs - Duchene - boedker
Landeskog - Mack - rantanen
Comeau - soderberg - Iginla
McLeod - Mitchell - Mathias

Bigras - EJ
Beauch - Barrie
Zadarov - Holden/Gelinas

Varly
Picks

I think that looks pretty good to start next year and the team was playing really well and winning for the games that this line-up (without rantanen and zadarov) was actually together.

I also wonder if the playoff push was more for the mentality of the team. The Avs have been so fragile since the loss to minny that maybe they saw pushing for the playoffs and knocking Minnesota out as a chance to fix some of the fragility and regain that swagger from Roy's first year.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Even though I said I didn't want Avs to get any rentals I don't have a big problem with the Matthias trade. Avs didn't give up anything of value.

I don't like the Boedker trade. I would rather have the assets. I don't think Boedker has been bad. Certainly better than Tanguay. But it's a throwaway year. Better to have the assets for more long term solutions.

Boedker is skilled with the puck, but he's not really the player type we need. If he signs cheaply and Avs get other players who are hard to play against perhaps it'll work.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Crazy to hear that people don't want this guy resigned. Honestly, if the Avs can get him for around 4.5 then they would be stupid not to. As for people calling him bad; Boedker is our leading scorer since we picked him up and was gelling with MacK before the latter went down with injury. This team needs top 6 wingers and Boedker is just that. Even more important is his apparent chemistry with guys like MacK. I would say that it is much more likely he remains productive than a guy like Matthias who I believe was another good pickup.

People need to get off the Radulov train. It's a pipe dream at best with nothing other than the fact Roy coached him before to make it sort of relevant. It's been revealed that he wants to go to a contender and I would say that a team that just missed the playoffs for a second year running is anything but.

We have Boedker. Boedker is producing points. Why risk that over a maybe in Rads? LTIR Stuart, get Iggy to waive his NMC to go to Calgary for whatever, slide Rantanen into Iggy's spot and voila, we have five top 6 forwards.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK

So kinda like MacKinnon or Landeskog, but scoring at the rate you'd expect.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Radulov isn't a maybe. We will know before July 1 if Radulov will be an Av or not. If we miss out, try to get Boedker for a discount. If we luck out on Rads, I hope they don't speak a word to Boedker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad