Confirmed with Link: COL acquire F Vlad Namestnikov from OTT for 2021 4th round pick

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Jost replacement. However if we do pick up a bigger top six winger he's probably a healthy scratch when we're healthy.

Landeskog - MacKinnon - Rantanen
??? - Kadri - Burakovsky
Nuke - Compher - Donskoi
Calvert - PAB - Nieto

Unless Sakic ships out another forward with Jost.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
4th rounder is a good price, but isnt 4 mill for Namestnikov bit too much? He's mostly a bottom 6 forward and you shouldn't pay that much for them. I guess it worked for the Blues. They have bunch of bottom 6 forwards who they pay 4 or 5 mill

Anders Cain

Formerly JordoMack
Jul 7, 2018
Nova Scotia
4th rounder is a good price, but isnt 4 mill for Namestnikov bit too much? He's mostly a bottom 6 forward and you shouldn't pay that much for them. I guess it worked for the Blues. They have bunch of bottom 6 forwards who they pay 4 or 5 mill
Expiring prorated deal that nyr are retaining on

Grackle Party

Full of guts!!
Jun 11, 2007
Cream City
Pure rental. Wont be back at that price next year

Reactions: the_fan

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Probably why he cost a 4th and not a 2nd or 3rd. Ottawa would never retain salary so this is us using the weapons we have.

The fact it’s a 2021 pick makes it even better

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado

He's a UFA at the end of the year. If we decide he fits well we can always offer him a lower contract. He's a 35-45 point player. Not bad to have and maybe someone you can sign for 3-3.5M. A lot of options at the end of the year.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

He's a UFA this summer and it's pro-rated and I believe his contract has been retained on before.

We're getting him for essentially nothing and already have tonnes of cap space. His cap hit is a complete non issue for us.

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV
:shrug: not gonna matter for the Avs

Reactions: McMetal

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

His contract expires at the end of this season.

We owe him like $1.2m for the rest of the year. We have $30m free for the rest of the year.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Ok I thought he had more term, but as a UFA rental that's fine.

Qurpiz

Carry me home!
Nov 5, 2006
Just like others have said, solid trade, as long as it's not the only move they make today

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Solid move, can't complain about a guy who can kill penalties and maybe throw in some goals here and there.

Also a 4th is a good price, especially after seeing what Pageau went for. Much rather have Namestnikov at a 4th than giving up that garbage package for a 3rd liner that NYI gave up for Pageau.

Reactions: Linds

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Considering the prices of some of these other guys, this was a nice trade.

Have to think Jost is being dangled as we speak. Namestnikov is presumably his replacement. Jost, 1st should he traded for a top-6 forward.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Solid move, can't complain about a guy who can kill penalties and maybe throw in some goals here and there.

Also a 4th is a good price, especially after seeing what Pageau went for. Much rather have Namestnikov at a 4th than giving up that garbage package for a 3rd liner that NYI gave up for Pageau.

Got a little over an hour to go. Can't believe the return for JGP. This seems to me to be the real test. How much are GMs willing to overpay at the trade deadline to make a run at the SC? What's Sakic's approach to the SC? We will have our answer soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad