Coffee/espresso thread

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
8607008_sd.jpg

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
I like my Aeropress, but I don't like how little coffee it makes. Make one that's twice the volume and it would be perfect.

Not a fan of French Presses, mostly because the coffee tastes too acidic and I assume the lack of a paper filter contributes to that taste.

Regular old coffee makers are more for the casual audience, but I really liked the Ninja Coffee Bar, way more than the Hamilton Beach carafe and Keurig thing I have now. Not like the coffee is going to taste wildly different, but I just like how the Ninja looks.

hero-CF080.jpg

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011

Hard to beat the convenience of a Keurig. I used one for two years and it always impressed me how I could go from no coffee to coffee ready in 10 seconds. It was perfect for when I was in a rush to leave

explore

Jun 28, 2011
Curious on how much it cost. Give a chance too to"qualità rossa" by Lavazza

Gonna bump this thread because I bought a pack of qualita rossa and it's not bad, but I don't notice much of a difference between that and lavazza espresso grind, maybe the rossa has a bit stronger flavor (and the grind smells a little burnt), but otherwise they're similar.

I also bought a moka pot and I have to say that for all the trouble I went through to brew coffee and then clean the non-dishwasher safe pot, it still didn't produce a coffee anywhere near as good as my aero press. The moka pot creates a thicker-looking coffee, but the taste is more bitter and has more grind than my aero press (there's grind in the coffee even after adding additional paper filters to the moka pot)

Using a double filter with my aero press (one metal filter, plus a paper filter) produces a smooth cup of coffee with no grind, no matter how fine the grind or what brand of coffee I use. It's been the best/cheapest investment I've made to make quality coffee. If you guys don't have an aero press, spend the $25 to get one

img51o.jpg

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Discuss your favorite brand of coffee, your preferred method of making it

I'll start: I'm a big fan of Tim Horton's regular coffee ground and I make it using an Aeropress

Nothing fancy. Put ground in aeropress, add hot water, give it a stir, wait a minute, give it another stir, then press it into my coffee cup and enjoy

I have been thinking about getting a cheap espresso machine, drinking a good espresso first thing in the morning is one of the things I miss about pre-lockdown life

A good espresso machine will make a great crema. Me personally I prefer the old-school stovetop percolator. Nothing better.

explore

Jun 28, 2011
A good espresso machine will make a great crema. Me personally I prefer the old-school stovetop percolator. Nothing better.

I love a good espresso (a proper one made with an expensive machine that creates enough pressure to forge a diamond from the grind), but I don't want to spend the money (>$300) to get one since I usually change things up fairly often and don't want a $300 paper weight sitting around.

Nothing can beat a Moka Bialetti and i am an espresso at the bar guy.

I used a moka pot for the past week and it's just not as good as my cheapo aero press (using the same coffee grind for both).

The coffee produced by the moka pot is much thicker and looks better, but the taste isn't as good (more bitter) and there's always at least a little grind in the coffee (which I hate)

Reactions: Baby Punisher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad