OT: COE Thread - What to do with Northlands

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
I really want to see the hockey plex go ahead or have EEDC/Katz take control and run it as a smaller barn.

I just don't know what else they can really do with that area. Hate to see it just be knocked down and become a parking lot for nothing.

It will be interesting to see what happens once a new city council takes over in a month or two. Something tells me if Caterina is still around he'll be pushing for Northlands to get more power.

and if his son wins (rocco caterina is running in my ward), then maybe he'll have two votes...?

in honesty, no idea what he son feels about northlands. I'll ask him if I see him.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't know if it's allowed as it's about our election, but not exactly about politics. Delete if not allowed.

Any who, any one else getting a chuckle out of the clowns that are running this time around? Seems to be a lot of people that shouldn't be running a household let alone a City.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I'll tell you what I typically do when it comes to Ward 3. If the person running for council doesn't show up at my door, I don't vote for them. I like to keep it simple.

Reactions: Ol' Jase

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Ugh if you are driving 80km/h on the Henday this morning do us all a favor and sell your vehicle.

If you are driving with no tail lights please do the same

Reactions: Ol' Jase

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Really unfortunate news about the Needle. I'm not someone that goes out on a regular basis to see live music, but when I did the Needle seemed to be a pretty decent place with some decent shows. There is always talk about how there are no small venues left and now another one gone.

Hopefully someone can step up and take it over.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I know a few women that dealt with one certain creep while they were working at different bars on Whyte. He is well known as a pervert yet seems to have a guaranteed job.
Wonder if he is the same guy in the news..

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I know a few women that dealt with one certain creep while they were working at different bars on Whyte. He is well known as a pervert yet seems to have a guaranteed job.
Wonder if he is the same guy in the news..
Not going to lie there isn't just one guy that did this or is doing this. It was quite a common practice

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
How do 11 schools flood? And why the f*** is insurance covering this? Obviously someone wasn't checking in, which as a home owner is you don't check in you aren't covered.

I just don't get it. When I was in Junior high our teacher was married to what we thought was a janitor. Which as you find out after that the Janitor of a school is actually a pretty decent job because you are essentially making sure everything is running properly. Cleaning up was just a part of the gig. Any who, she would talk about how it sucked that her family couldn't go away at x-mas because her husband had to check in on the building. Whether it was pipes, break ins, collapsed roof whatever.

So what happened hear? Granted maybe some of them were caught during what should be a regular check, but that clearly isn't the case for all of them.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think the Coliseum should be turned into North Americas largest mall or a Bass Pro Shop.
As a whole we need more malls. I like what they have in Calgary. It's a mall, but you can still treat it as a strip mall if you choose. Our climate is just not setup for the south commons of the world. The roads aren't either. I'm sure it's not environmentally friendly either.

On a side note what is going to happen with all the target locations, sears and now wholesale sports?'

Lots of big buildings sitting empty.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Yeah, people really want to go to that shit hole area to shop. No retailer is going to set up shop in there, especially with the death of malls in general.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Yeah, people really want to go to that **** hole area to shop. No retailer is going to set up shop in there, especially with the death of malls in general.

Oooooo. Now you're going to feel the wrath.
AdvancedLongHoneybadger-max-1mb.gif
:D

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
To be fair, we really don't need any more malls. Especially with online shopping becoming the norm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad