Cody McLeod Suspended 5 Games

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
McLeod has been trucking people into the boards a bit too much for years now and he finally concussed someone and got slapped by the league. He has to be smarter when he's hitting people.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
McLeod has been trucking people into the boards a bit too much for years now and he finally concussed someone and got slapped by the league. He has to be smarter when he's hitting people.

Mcleod is a punk! He got off with nothing when he ran Spurgeon 2 years ago

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Lapierre has history and had intent to injury.

McLeod has zero history with the victim even claiming responsibility.

Both are suspended the same length, anyone else see something wrong with this?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Five games despite never being suspended before in 7 seasons, and Kronwall saying about 50 times it was his fault, and that he's ok now. :shakehead

“I feel real good, actually, after the circumstances,” said Kronwall, who didn’t play Saturday against the Phoenix Coyotes, replaced by Brendan Smith. “No issues so far. So far, so good.

“It could have been a lot worse. So far I’m feeling very good, actually. I’m just looking forward to getting back on the ice again.”

“I shouldn’t have put myself in that situation,” Kronwall said. “I know he’s a forechecker, one of their more physical guys, and he’s just trying to do his job. I put both of us in a bad spot.

“For some reason I thought he was closer to me than he was. I almost turned right into him. But that’s history. I’m feeling pretty good and looking forward to getting back on the ice with the guys.”

“It just becomes more dramatic,” Kronwall said of the stretcher. “Looking back I know they did the right thing, but anytime you’re in that situation yourself you don’t want to worry people for no reason.

“Like I said, once I got back on track I felt fine. But they were just being precautionary and I’m happy for the job they were doing.”

“He apologized and I told him I shouldn’t have put both of us in that spot, either,” Kronwall said. “I’m happy he reached out and I have no hard feelings.”

“I could have done a lot of things differently,” Kronwall said. “I shouldn’t have put myself in that spot in the first place. He’s coming in with a lot of speed, sure, but I did turn at the last second.

“It goes fast out there and it’s so easy to go back and slow it down, look at it in slow motion, and be very smart about things.

“But it’s hockey and everything is high pace and it goes fast out there. Guys will make some bad decisions out there sometimes.

“In my case, I ended up on a stretcher. But I’m feeling pretty good and looking to get back out there.”

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...lot-worse-?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Lapierre has history and had intent to injury.

McLeod has zero history with the victim even claiming responsibility.

Both are suspended the same length, anyone else see something wrong with this?

Didn't Lapierre get 4 games for 'having a good explanation'?

Either way, this is too long and stupid.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Mcleod is a punk! He got off with nothing when he ran Spurgeon 2 years ago

Yeah because it was a clean hit.

While i'm ok with the suspension this time around (even though it was clearly Kronwalls fault for putting himself in that position to be hit like that) it doesn't mean he's a dirty player. He went in and finished his check on both plays.

When hitting Spurgeon he went in for a shoulder to shoulder hit. Spurgeon concussed himself by tripping. I'm in China so I can't look at it at the moment since YouTube is blocked here, but the way I remember it is Spurgeon fell about 2-3 ft from the boards and was already hitting his head and Mcleod went off to Spurgeons left minimizing contact.

Nice try though. That hit was explained as not being dirty.

Mcleod probably followed through a bit to much this time, but Kronwall made a dumb play, and even admitted it. Should've been 2-3 games max.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I am a big fan of the Highlander. But seriously, when I saw the hit during the game I immediately thought he was going to sit for 10 games.

I understand the need for consistency from the league in how they handle these calls but when looked at as a single incident, I think it is a fair call to give him 5 games. Even if Kronwall accepts responsibility for putting himself and Cody into a bad situation, the blame is always on the guy making the hit. Just like when someone get's reared in an an automobile accident. Doesn't matter if the idiot in front slammed on his breaks, the insurance company is coming after the guy who rammed into the back of another vehicle.

That being said, I'm still a big fan of Cody's and hope this doesn't get in his head so much that he tries to alter the way he plays the game. I believe he's always been an honest hitter in the past and have seen him let up on multiple occasions.

[edit...All that being said, I don't understand how the league can defend itself when it comes to consistency on punishments. They are better under Shanahan than they were under Campbell but that is faint praise.]

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I like how Shanaban says "we considered it" in regards to the fact Kronwall turned back at the last second.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Not that he didn't deserve to sit for 2-3 games, but with the circumstances leading up to it, to give him the same punishment that Lapierre got is bunk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->