Injury Report: Cody Mcleod 4-6 Weeks with Fractured Hand

lilphildub

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2009
I'm excited to see this team with Zucc filled in. I know Mcleod hasn't been bad as of late but the puck often died on his stick

KREIDER (A) | HAYES (A) | CHYTIL
NAMESTNIKOV | ZIBANEJAD (A) | ZUCC
VESEY | HOWDEN | STROME
FAST (A) | ANDERSSON | FOGARTY

I think that 4th line could do some damage

Reactions: Fvital92

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
I can't stand him but I'd rather him be scratched for 4-6 weeks than injured.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I know people like to **** on him but he has been good in his role this year
Yeah and the guy that lives on the outskirts of my town who collects the dead animals from the side of the road for lord knows what purpose, he's good at his "job" too. McLeod's job sucks. He can be a leader during practice if they want him to. He shouldn't play. People also shit on Pionk for his poor Corsi; McLeod's is somehow worse. His high danger chances for and against are an absolute nightmare. The only positive is that he hits people, and the merits of that can be debated when you see him take himself way out of position to throw a hit.

And then, like the other night, he decides to engage a guy he doesn't need to engage, in a spot where we don't need our guys fighting, and he breaks his hand while getting his ass kicked by a rival. Go f***ing figure.

McLeod is a good guy, I'm sure. No doubt the guys like him, and he's popular, and is your standard Good Locker Room Guy. I would be stunned if his presence on the ice was missed in any meaningful way.

FWIW I used to defend acquisitions of guys like Shelley and Brashear and Boogaard. Then I finally realized that while I like them, and like the tough element they bring, they don't really do much of anything to help on the ice. Everyone said, "Oh, McLeod was just brought in to play in the AHL and lead down there!" And I was like, have you guys had your heads in the sand for the last fifteen years? We signed the dude to play him.

Hopefully with him out we can get a look at Meskanen or something. Someone who can contribute.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Get well soon. This guy has really beaten the odds and provided a lot to the team.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
It’s weird. I despised everything about Tanner Glass because he was shoehorned into the lineup when the team was a contender, but with the expectation that the team is going to be bad this year I haven’t really been bothered by McLeod playing.

Definitely not shedding any tears over not having to watch him for 4-7 weeks due to the broken hand though.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
It’s weird. I despised everything about Tanner Glass because he was shoehorned into the lineup when the team was a contender, but with the expectation that the team is going to be bad this year I haven’t really been bothered by McLeod playing.

Definitely not shedding any tears over not having to watch him for 4-7 weeks due to the broken hand though.
It's true, Glass was such an issue because the team was actively making themselves worse during a time they should have been contending for a cup. McLeod is worse but we aren't winning anything so it's just not worth going crazy over.

Reactions: Off Sides

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->