Cody Hodgson first NHL game tomorrow

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Playing on the 4th line with Glass and Volpatti/Tambellini too

instead of getting spoon-fed first line ice time... (few games because that experiment failed)

CoHo is obviously a 40 goal scorer (zeke)

Last edited:

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
He scored his first goal and immediately there was a Hall vs. Hodgson poll :laugh:

They don't even play remotely similar games at all. However, it was a fan of neither the Canucks nor the Oilers I believe so at least there wasn't as much beef as their would have been.

Anyways, I have always like him a lot and it was a shame he got hurt to start his career, but I think he will bounce back and be a very good NHLer if he can stay healthy.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
I forgot about Avs fans for some reason having something against Hodgson. Concentrate on actually winning a game outright against the Canucks first.

Don't let anything get in the way of a good persecution complex.

Okay, and before I get flamed, I'll tell you the (superseceret) reason we make fun of Hodgson. (or was it Godson???? Not sure anymore)

The same reason many people dislike the Habs, almost everybody on here dislikes the leafs, the reason everybody and their mother hates the yankees, (unless they love Yankees, of course) and the reason the Cowboys are probably the most hated team in America.

Because frankly, all larger fanbases like to blow the lid off of everything. For example, there has probably been more talk about PK subban than any other defenseman in the league this year. Not because PK is a superstar, or a Norris candidate. Because he plays in front of a huge ass fanbase.

So please, continue talking up your players, and we'll keep making fun of them. Just the way it goes.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Avs fans talk about Hodgson more then the game itself on a VAN-COL gdt

that pretty much speaks of a board ritual and a coming tradition, and in that sense it's totally fine for them to continue to do so

StIllmatic

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver
He scored his first goal and immediately there was a Hall vs. Hodgson poll :laugh:

They don't even play remotely similar games at all. However, it was a fan of neither the Canucks nor the Oilers I believe so at least there wasn't as much beef as their would have been.

Anyways, I have always like him a lot and it was a shame he got hurt to start his career, but I think he will bounce back and be a very good NHLer if he can stay healthy.

In our defense, It was not started by a Canucks fan and that is a ridiculous thread.

JerkChicken

Jun 18, 2008
South Sound
feb0211_cody2_b.jpg

:yo: :yo: :yo:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
As an Avs fan I have really stayed out of the whole "make fun of Hodgson" stuff. It's really over the top and got old pretty fast. But, if other guys want to keep it up for the hell of it, they can go hard.

Back on topic, congrats to Hodgson.

GCM

Stork
Jun 22, 2010
I haven't cheered so hard for a goal since Crosby scored the Gold Medal winner.

That felt great.

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
Congrats Cody on your first or many!!!

2 games 1 goal.... Can't say who has 0 in 17 games.

Cody looks good out there doesn't look lost!!!

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I'm sure this has been asked and answered somewhere but I can't find it, but why is he wearing the cage? Injury?

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
He is just coming back from a broken orbital bone, so he's wearing the cage to prevent it from happening again until the bone is fully healed and there is no chance of a new fracture in the same place.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Congrats Cody. You've had to go through hell to get to the bigs, so it is deserving. Well done.

That aside, Cody who? I want to see the same Canuck hype-machine go to work for the rising soon-to-be-blue-chipper Chris Tanev! Wow. Absolutely robotic in how he plays. Near flawless execution. And when he does make a mistake, his speed and hockey IQ mitigate the impact.

I'm surprised Canuck fans aren't falling over themselves to try and pimp this prospect on all boards. Very excited by his upside. Oh yeah, go Cody! ;)

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
As an Avs fan I have really stayed out of the whole "make fun of Hodgson" stuff. It's really over the top and got old pretty fast. But, if other guys want to keep it up for the hell of it, they can go hard.

Back on topic, congrats to Hodgson.

Apparently Matt Duchene sent him a congratulatory tweet.

They are going to see a lot of each other in the coming years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad