Cody Hodgson first NHL game tomorrow

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
Hahah. Hoooly.

Skip forward through that thread every 5 pages or so. Hilarity ensues as the Avs blow a 3-0 lead to Cody Hodgson, pushing the entire fanbase to edge. Quite the rollercoaster of emotions.

Just read that thread. Man we don't even have a rivalry anymore and they still are pretty heavy on the hate. I don't get why they don't like Hodgson though, Duchene and him are pretty good friends.

And OP, you might want to add that the party is at Jumbo's house.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I'm a bit concerned about his mobility right now, considering his lack of playing time lately. Odd time for the Canucks to give him a look.

i'd agree maybe they're shopping him with the deadline coming up? There top 3 centers are filled up and from what I know of Hodgson, he's not really a 4th line guy. The deadline is coming up here shortly, and he may be a piece they can move to just fill in the holes for a cup run.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Not a bad first game. Obviously he's playing 4th line center, so you can't expect much from him other than to keep his shifts in the offensive zone. For the most part he did just that, and also led the Canucks in hits I believe with 10 minutes of ice time. He also had that excellent chance in front on the PP.

Overall he didn't look out of place, so if he can build on this performance we may have found an adequate 4th line / 2nd PP unit centerman for the playoffs. As I've said before, I have no statistical expectations for Hodgson this season other then I'd like him to be a plus player.. Other fans should not expect much more than that.

And I'll say it again, you pronounce his name Hod-son... The G is silent.

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
I thought he had a good first game. He thinks the game on both sides of the puck better than a lot of vets. He's being held back at the moment by below average foot speed and lack of strength. He can keep up with the play but it looks like he has to work really hard to do it. If he can improve his skating he should be an effective top six player when he fully matures. From what I've seen he's got the right mindset to improve his game.

Meganuck*

That one was dedicated to all those leaf fans (Zeke). Enjoy those AHL stats.

NHL Stats
Kadri -17 games, 0 goals
Hodgson - 2games, 1 Goal.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
The kid is really humble also, classy young future star.

Meganuck*

btw. This isnt a dig at Leaf fans or their prospects. Just a shot at those who continue to spew BS day after day.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
Funny thing is, right now, Hodgson isn't the top rookie on the team right now. That honour would have to go to Cory Schneider or Chris Tanev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad