Cody Hodgson first NHL game tomorrow

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
In all honesty, I hope it goes well for him. But if it doesnt, maybe making him trade bait? I'm not saying to judge him on his first game, but I mean over several.

Sawchuk

Nov 15, 2009
Victoria, BC
As I recall, he played left point in Brampton on man advantages; Edler PP replacement?

Albeit in Junior, you probably just want your best player quarterbacking at all times... Where does he play on the PP in Manitoba?

Wow, I don't know of any other player I have ever seen that seems so genuinely thankful when someone asks about their injuries; it makes the reporter look good, because odds are that he is not just asking Cody how he feels in any politesse. What a polite kid.

Last edited:

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
As I recall, he played left point in Brampton on man advantages; Edler PP replacement?

Albeit in Junior, you probably just want your best player quarterbacking at all times... Where does he play on the PP in Manitoba?

Wow, I don't know of any other player I have ever seen that seems so genuinely thankful when someone asks about their injuries; it makes the reporter look good, because odds are that he is not just asking Cody how he feels in any politesse. What a polite kid.

Ya, I know people like to rag on Canuck prospects but he really is a genuinely nice kid who's had a really tough road the past few years. I'm rooting for him just to stay healthy and try to have an NHL career at some point.

Meganuck*

Gretzky is crapping himself right now, considering every record he made will be broken tomorrow.
I forgot about Avs fans for some reason having something against Hodgson. Concentrate on actually winning a game outright against the Canucks first.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Wow, some incredibly insecure people following the Avs. I find Canuck fans amusing a times but never this insecure. Thanks for pointing this out. Wow, they are pretty funny indeed!

It's all jokes though. Everyone knows he's a great 2 way player who has been hampered by his back.

Reasoned Opinion

May 21, 2009
Logic Land
It's all jokes though. Everyone knows he's a great 2 way player who has been hampered by his back.

I agree but some of that other stuff is pretty funny. I know you Canuck fans have been patient with Cody and I think your patience will be rewarded over time. He will never be as flashy as some in that draft year but will have a significant impact. Somehow even the adversity of getting healthy finally over two years will play a role in his appreciating what it is to be in the NHL.

He was unreal in Brampton and was incredible on the world's stage. To not expect him to have success at NHL would be betting against logic. However, it would seemingly annoy Avs fans and I take it from that silly stuff you posted of theirs, you and your fellow Canuck fans would be just fine with that!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I agree but some of that other stuff is pretty funny. I know you Canuck fans have been patient with Cody and I think your patience will be rewarded over time. He will never be as flashy as some in that draft year but will have a significant impact. Somehow even the adversity of getting healthy finally over two years will play a role in his appreciating what it is to be in the NHL.

He was unreal in Brampton and was incredible on the world's stage. To not expect him to have success at NHL would be betting against logic. However, it would seemingly annoy Avs fans and I take it from that silly stuff you posted of theirs, you and your fellow Canuck fans would be just fine with that!

I'm not a Canucks fan. :laugh:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Cody Hodgson is like the Sidney Crosby of prospects. He gets ridiculed and mocked for the dumbest reasons, and people seem to want to see him fail just because of the "hype" that this forum has heaped on him. :shakehead

Reasoned Opinion

May 21, 2009
Logic Land
I'm not a Canucks fan. :laugh:

Ooops, sorry about that. Just the way your were ridiculing the Avs with their silly stuff I just assumed. Nice to see whatever team you follow you still have ability to cheer for this young guy. That is what I am keen on here, not so much how their team does but how Cody does. He was so good in Brampton and I know so many who followed that part of his career and he was soooo great in the community. Hard not to cheer for a guy like that.:)

StIllmatic

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver
I don't think he will do that well as his legs haven't caught up to game speed yet. I actually expect him to make an impact after he finally has a full offseason of training with Gary Roberts, last year he started training around early to mid August, and in 2009 he injured his back in July.

StIllmatic

Mar 27, 2010
Vancouver
Cody Hodgson is like the Sidney Crosby of prospects. He gets ridiculed and mocked for the dumbest reasons, and people seem to want to see him fail just because of the "hype" that this forum has heaped on him. :shakehead

I hate when people do that, they seem to find ways to complain about a player because there just jealous that player is not on their team. Crosby has a bunch of hate from American fans, even some Canadian. I notice New York fans hate his guts especially.

And as I notice nobody is bringing plates, I'll cover that.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Interested to see what he does in a 4th line role... probobly not much...

I'm hoping he gets on the dreadful 2nd PP unit.

Blane Youngblood

Jun 17, 2003
Visit site
Really odd timing for the callup since he hasn't gotten back up to game speed after his eye injury where he wasn't allowed to raise his heart rate.

I wonder if this is an attempt to showcase him for a potential trade (Bogosian)?

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
O/U 4.5 goals

I say over, someone's gonna (maybe) win the safeway score and win contest

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad