Cody Hodgson first NHL game tomorrow

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Playing vs Dallas! Pretty awesome considering last 2 years have been tough on the kid

Edit : please bring something to the party

Bgav - weed
Fowla - lots of chips
Hodgson himself - cups
GCM - napkins please
PycckuuRocket10 - chip dip
Lucbourdon - Pizza
Winroba - Orange Soda
SKINNERistheFUTURE - Tacos
synobyte - *****es
dblminor4boarding - beer

Last edited:

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Should be a good one. I would temper expectations as he's still getting his legs back. He recently suffered a bad orbital bone break that required him to be out for over 6 weeks in which he couldn't raise his blood pressure past a certain point (essentially he couldn't maintain high workouts). The kid has talent, but he'll skate on our 4th line. As long as he doesn't make glaring errors defensively, I think we should consider that a successful debut given the circumstances.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
He'll be wearing the full face cage too. Probably won't play more than 9-10mins but I think this might be more to see if Hodgson is defensively up to the task of playing on the 4th line. Not really expecting much to be honest but it will be fun nonetheless.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
K, should i throw a party at my house?

:rolleyes:

He's a bluechip prospect making his NHL debut, don't act like it's nothing. Hope he does well, I still don't see how he could possibly be "overrated" after 2 injury plagued seasons. This guy can be a special player.

arsmaster*

I bet this thread gets closed!

Im happy for the kid.

At least the Canucks 4th line has some pretty good players.

Hope he gets 2nd unit PP time too.

arsmaster*

Dear Canuck and Cody Hodgson fans,

Know that there is going to be a lot of smack talked in this thread....the best way to get away from it is to ignore it.....ms. fox has already proved my point.

Just ignore.....please!

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
If by special you mean that teams will have to implement wheelchair ramps for him to get on and off the ice, then yes, he's very a special player.

:facepalm:

Good luck to Hodgson, i hope he is able to shut some naysayers up. Of course, he is going to be a bit slow out there, and if he struggles i am sure there will be people jumping on him for ridiculous reasons.

KristoLeblanc*

First thing to come to my mind.

About time.

My feeling is he won't ever achieve anything. 40-45pts player at best. Of course I can be wrong, I just don't feel it.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Playing on the fourth line :(

Don't expect much, but real excited

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I'm a bit concerned about his mobility right now, considering his lack of playing time lately. Odd time for the Canucks to give him a look.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
4199402.bin

Canucks5551

Jun 1, 2005
I watched Manitoba last week on NHL network. I wanted to see both Hodgson and Schroeder. I thought they were OK but, I wasn't wowed.

Both hadn't played in ages after injuries. Probably not the best game to judge them on.

Reasoned Opinion

May 21, 2009
Logic Land
CHL Player of the Year, First Round Pick, WJC Scoring Leader......when a player like that has his first regular season NHL game, it is a big deal and congrats for him. For the sake of HFB, I hope he doesn't get on a role, plays 10 games and gets six or seven points as that would entirely ruin all of the negative predictions this poor kid has had on here for two years. Can't have that now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad