Friedman: Cody Glass was likely the hold up on Karlsson to vegas trade

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Bet they would’ve given up Glass at Dime point in game 2-3 of the final for Karlsson’s services.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Karlsson would have been an excellent addition but I don't blame Vegas for saying no. With no first round pick this time around those three players chosen last year are all the more important. There's a lot of hockey in Vegas' future and holding on to guys like Glass only makes it brighter.

Reactions: 99664987

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I'm sure whether or not they had to take Bobby Ryan's contract in addition to what they were giving up played a role too. As well as the uncertainty of giving up a lot without the guarantee of Karlsson re-signing.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Turning down Karlsson because he'll cost you Cody Glass is such an HF thing to do I'm convinced Mcphee posts here looking for advice.

Not really. The Knights might have been able to talk to Karlsson to see if he'll re-sign, or not and if so, how much he would be looking for..

Glass is Vegas' best prospect, no ?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Glad the Sens were pushing for Glass. Like him a lot more than Suzuki.

Can see why the Knights didn't want to trade him. He's their only legit top 2 center prospect, and W.Karlsson is by no means a sure-bet to remain a #1 center long-term.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
A PPG Selke candidate on the wing named Mark Stone.

Just how good do you think Pettersson will end up?

I don't want you to take this the wrong way because Stone is great but calling Stone a PPG guy is embellishing a bit.

60-something point, Selke type winger? Absolutely. And that is a very good player. A point per game guy? No. That isn't accurate when guys miss over a quarter of the season.

(For the record I wouldn't call William Karlsson a PPG Selke type guy either, even with the pace he set this year because it's only one year.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad