Injury Report: Cody Franson

Status
Not open for further replies.

yideboit

Aug 5, 2010
carlyle said just a cut on his nose i guess ... saw that from a couple people on twitter

Paradoc

John Tavares is a Leaf!
Mar 13, 2013
Toronto
13 minutes ago
@markhmasters: Saw Franson in hallway; has cut on bridge of nose; says: 'I'm surviving'

Good news I hope...

Penalty Kill Icing*

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris 1m
Cody Franson was smiling as he left Bridgestone Arena. He didn't know how many stitches it took to sew up his nose.

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
no concussion, might be out edmontons game but i'm guessing he just wears a facemask like Ashton

Asif16*

Yeah from the looks of it so far, he wont miss any time. Probably will wear a cage like ashton did

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
He's smiling now. Let's see how he feels in the morning with no pain killer in him.

Seems like a good prognosis though.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
I think we dodged a bullet folks.

God damn that was a lot of blood though. Even after the refs cleaned it the blood was still noticeable the rest of the game.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Mike Fisher's Hit From Behind on Cody Franson - Oct 10th 2013 (HD)

Published on Oct 10, 2013

Cmon Fisher, you don't do these things. No need for that extra push.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Cody is our second best D behind Dion. I though to myself "so smooth" when he skated puck out right through the middle in first period and he was physical when needed.

Fisher is not dirty player though and should have not do that push. Probably he got frustrated at the score and his own team performance.
I think play will be reviewed and he will get 1 game off.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Had something similar happen to me. Broke my nose in a few places and took quite a few stitches. The visor actually saved me from something more serious, as I'm sure it helped him too. When I watched it I thought there was no way he didn't break it but I also forgot that they changed the stantions so it's rounded now. I wouldn't even wanna know the damage had it just been, essentially, a metal bar.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
As long as he doesn't have a concussion I'd say we dodged a bullet. Get well soon #4!

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Wow, how lucky is Franson?

Just a cut on the nose from his own visor? That looked about a hundred times worse than just a visor cut.

Glad he's going to be OK though. Stitch that thing up, maybe wear a full cage for a few games?

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=686318

Late in the game, Nashville forward Mike Fisher was assessed a major for boarding and a game misconduct after hitting former Predators defenceman Cody Franson into the boards by the Toronto bench. Franson left a pool of blood on the ice and did not return.

"It was just a hockey play," Fisher said. "First of all, hopefully he's OK. I felt bad he got hurt, but it was just a play where we kind of went into the glass. There was obviously no intent at all and very surprised to get a penalty. I didn't feel like it was a penalty. It cost the team, which is unfortunate. Obviously I was pretty fired up after they called it."

Tyler Biggs*

He looked OK getting up so hopefully it just looked a lot worse than it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->