Cody Eakin 25 G in 28 GP!!

The Hockey Hitman

Jul 26, 2006
Cody Eakin is tearing up the WHL...all I know about him is hes a 3rd round pick by WSH regarded as a potential "steal" of the 2009 draft.

21 G in 23 GP is damn impressive especially if you consider the fact that hes not exactly playing with a star studded lineup in Swift Current.

Last edited:

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Currently leads the WHL in Goal scoring.

Only Eberle and Beach are in his wheelhouse in 15+ games played in terms of Goals Per Game, and they're both older than Eakin is. Very impressive, definitely merits a hard look for Team Canada at the WJHC.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
He's supposed to be a really fast skater right? Or am I confusing him with someone else?

Yeah, he's fast. His "comparable" from TSN's draft preview was Helm, and he looks like he's got that same type of speed and energy (and now, obviously, he's scoring at a great clip as well).

Still loving that pick.

FoxMulder91*

Stats wise he reminds me of Ryan Howse..3rd round draft pick of the Flames..18 goals in 25 games, while playing for the Chilliwack Bruins.

The Hockey Hitman

Jul 26, 2006
update:

Eakin now has 25 G and 39 Pts in 28 GP!!

Hes 2 goals ahead of Jordan Eberle for the WHL scoring lead...and hes doing so on one of the worst teams in the WHL....

thats pretty impressive, is it not?

eldiablo17

Aug 22, 2007
Very impressive, but the question of translation will always remain.

This, but nevertheless you can't ask for much more out of a 3rd round pick in the year after his draft date. The Caps may have a steal on their hands.

Hipfan

Nov 27, 2009
Currently leads the WHL in Goal scoring.

Only Eberle and Beach are in his wheelhouse in 15+ games played in terms of Goals Per Game, and they're both older than Eakin is. Very impressive, definitely merits a hard look for Team Canada at the WJHC.

He's had a great start and is a nice prospect, but there's almost no way he'll even get invited to the Evaluation Camp this year - he's 18 and it's a 19 year old tournament.

alexthekidd

Nov 18, 2008
London
He's had a great start and is a nice prospect, but there's almost no way he'll even get invited to the Evaluation Camp this year - he's 18 and it's a 19 year old tournament.

He got invited to Summer camp and I'd say he definitely has a good chance of making evaluation camp. Heck, perhaps even a bolter for the squad. That's a longshot though.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Very impressive. It's always interesting to see how some of these mid round picks do after they get drafted. Vancouver's 3rd round pick from 2009 is tearing it up in the WHL as well. 28 points in 28 games played as a WHL rookie; definitely seems like a good pick when you consider that he's already 6'1 196 lbs. and has already produced over a full season at the college level.

Hipfan

Nov 27, 2009
He got invited to Summer camp and I'd say he definitely has a good chance of making evaluation camp. Heck, perhaps even a bolter for the squad. That's a longshot though.

When did he get invited to the Evaluation Camp? I don't remember seeing him there and the red & white roster lists don't show him either:

http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php/ci_id/63789/la_id/1.htm

In fact, out of 24 forwards, there were only 6 from the WHL (Eberle, Glennie, Kane, McMillan, Schenn, and Kozun).

Hipfan

Nov 27, 2009
He was a replacement for Della Rovere (out with an injury).

My mind must be going at my age - sorry, I owe you a complete and utter apology. In fact, I think he scored a nice goal in one of the evaluation games as I was scrambling through the numbers to see who it was who scored.

I take it back and because Willie is the coach, it is possible that he could be an invite.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton

This explains why three 18 year olds led the team last year.

Eakin should swing an invite.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
And GMGM couldn't care less about concussions. Everyone gets knocked a little dizzy.

edit: damn I always mess this up!

Last edited:

alexthekidd

Nov 18, 2008
London
My mind must be going at my age - sorry, I owe you a complete and utter apology. In fact, I think he scored a nice goal in one of the evaluation games as I was scrambling through the numbers to see who it was who scored.

I take it back and because Willie is the coach, it is possible that he could be an invite.

All good! :thumbu:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad