Cody Ceci

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Dear Kyle,

Please waive Ceci. If you cant waive him, trade him away for a 7th or future considerations and retain whatever you have to. Lilypad can take his spot. Hell, I could take his spot.

Love,
A baffled fan

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Dear Kyle,

Please waive Ceci. If you cant waive him, trade him away for a 7th or future considerations and retain whatever you have to. Lilypad can take his spot. Hell, I could take his spot.

Love,
A baffled fan

No team is doing leafs this favour of taking a 4.5 million Ceci from their hands

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
No team is doing leafs this favour of taking a 4.5 million Ceci from their hands
Maybe somebody else will know better but wouldn't Ceci only have about $1.5M remaining at this point in the year? There's about 61 days left in the regular season so wouldn't a team with deadline space fit him in pretty easily?

Mar 14, 2011
Ceci's 5 vs 5 goals against/60- 2.24
Muzzin's 5 vs 5 goals against/60- 3.21

Seriously, these board is just very unfair to Ceci, the guy has consistently been good for weeks and after 1 mediocre game everyone wants him waived. You can blame Ceci on the Pysk goal, that is fair as he failed to tie his man up but how can you blame him for the Hoffman goal? He pressured Hoffman to do a WEAK, backhand shot ON or BELOW the line as Hoffman didn't got the space to create a cycle or get the puck back to the point in order to maintain possession, no NHL goalie should get beaten by that shot, backup or starter, specially at such a critical point in the game. Just look at Hoffman's face during his goal celebration, even he is surprise the shot went in.

The loss is absolutely on Hutch, he pretty much undid what he did for the team these weekend with his pathetic performance last night.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I think the criticism against Ceci has been largely overblown this season. He's been bad, he hasn't been absolutely awful. With that said, I couldn't stand him in this game. He was problematic almost every shift tonight, and the thing about guys like Ceci is that they don't have redeeming qualities that can soften the blow, like what a Dermott has or what Gardiner had in droves.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010

Seriously, these board is just very unfair to Ceci, the guy has consistently been good for weeks and after 1 mediocre game everyone wants him waived. You can blame Ceci on the Pysk goal, that is fair as he failed to tie his man up but how can you blame him for the Hoffman goal? He pressured Hoffman to do a WEAK, backhand shot ON or BELOW the line as Hoffman didn't got the space to create a cycle or get the puck back to the point in order to maintain possession, no NHL goalie should get beaten by that shot, backup or starter, specially at such a critical point in the game. Just look at Hoffman's face during his goal celebration, even he is surprise the shot went in.

The loss is absolutely on Hutch, he pretty much undid what he did for the team these weekend with his pathetic performance last night.
Don't care what the stats say, he blew coverage on 3 goals last night and cost us the game.

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
Don't care what the stats say, he blew coverage on 3 goals last night and cost us the game.
50% of the blame. Hutch was abysmal. You need better than .769% goaltending from your tender. He's .886% on the season despite winning a few games. He cannot be relied on in any capacity and he's shown that. Do I think Ceci needs to be moved? Absolutely, but an improvement on Hutch needs to happen as well.

Last edited:

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
The Ceci experiment is over, ship this clown to the minors and replace him with any marlie capable of holding a stick. I'm tired of watching goal after goal get scored on us and then seeing on the replay how his poor skill, decision making, effort, or all of the above contributed to a minus. Dermott somehow becomes Derp-mott when he's paired with Ceci but now that Sandin is saddled with this plug its his development taking a dive. Prior to that it was Morgan Reilly having a horrible season with that turd on his pairing. Lets flush him now before too much damage is done. I know Hutchinson is also hot wet garbage and should be sharing a cab with Ceci over to the Ricoh, but he's only horrible in the games he gets to play in. Ceci is horrible in all of the games.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
He's had enough games where he's been okay and even a few games where he's been good, but he's also blown entire games single handedly. I don't know if any of our other third pairing whipping boys like Marincin, Polak, Hunwick, etc, ever managed to sink as low as Ceci occasionally does. Ship this guy to the moon, post haste. There's only $1.575m left to be paid on his contract so it really won't cost nearly as much as the trade boards would tell you he will. We retain some of that and he's gone. Spend that money on a backup goalie to secure the playoffs and we're cooking.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site

Muzzin plays against the other teams best lines and best players every night, it's really not a fair comparison

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Ceci needs to go. Three of last nights goals were all his fault. Putting him with a player like Sandin is only ruining his development. It is time for him to be benched, waived or traded. I would rather have Marincin in the lineup then him.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
Just show me the analytics before I comment on Ceci. That’s the only way to evaluate a player

Ceci has the best analytics on the Leafs D. It means nothing. His mistakes are glaring and he cost us the game plain and simple. Why the hell are you making a blind pass behind your back to partner behind the net when you clearly have possession and no opposition player that you cant beat up the boards in front of you? Stupid play very dumb....and on top of it the pass was no where close to Sandin. He almost put it in his own net.

Then on Hoffman's banker behind the goal line he got manhandled by him. No effort at all.

Sorry the guy needs to go analytics or not, he is a pylon.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I watched the game last night, and thought to myself, why oh why, could we have not signed Stralman, instead of Ceci.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Ceci has the best analytics on the Leafs D. It means nothing. His mistakes are glaring and he cost us the game plain and simple. Why the hell are you making a blind pass behind your back to partner behind the net when you clearly have possession and no opposition player that you cant beat up the boards in front of you? Stupid play very dumb....and on top of it the pass was no where close to Sandin. He almost put it in his own net.

Then on Hoffman's banker behind the goal line he got manhandled by him. No effort at all.

Sorry the guy needs to go analytics or not, he is a pylon.

Exactly my point. And our genius GM will find ways to defend him based on analytics, when it’s plain as day that he is trash

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Exactly my point. And our genius GM will find ways to defend him based on analytics, when it’s plain as day that he is trash

Is the GM sticking up publicly for a player a bad thing?

I will be interested to see how big of a haircut Ceci needs to take from his $4.5

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
A team is only as strong as its weakest link.

The Leafs stars last night did what they were supposed to do. They gave the team a 3-1 lead and held Florida to ~20 shots on net early in the third. Then the weakest links were exposed and a critical win turns into a brutal loss.

I'd bet that Toronto's best players are pretty angry right now and hoping Dubas does something about it. If you can't trust your teammates to have your back you're not going anywhere. And that's where the Leafs are right now.

Finding a backup goalie without overpaying will be very difficult so that's probably not an option. No one is taking Ceci off their hands. So there is no easy answer, but Dubas has to do something or just throw in the towel for the season and be sellers at the deadline. Doing nothing is the only wrong answer.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Ceci had a stinker last night. He was flat out awful. But if Freddy was in net no one on here would have even noticed. It would have been a 3-2 win. The real issue is the CAP/backup. and Ceci is the easiest fix on the CAP right now.

We need a bold move. Habs have signed Price way to long. He has games where he is best in business but others where he is not into it.

We need a #1 to compete against Rask, Vasi and Bobbo.

What about Price and Habs 1st rounders next 2 years (or Habs 1st and 2nd rounders next year 2020) for Freddy and Ceci.

Price has 3 good years left and then team will eat his package for next 3 years. Gives us 3 tries at the Cup.

I know it is a little desperate but the $$$ is nothing for the Leafs it is only a CAP thing really. If he can find a way after a Cup or two onto Robidas island who cares??????????

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Some defensemen are prone to catastrophic failure in key situations interspersed into quiet stretches where everything seems ok. Brittle material failure.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
Ceci has been our most underrated defensman this season. One bad game and people jump on him. Barrie has had more bad games than Ceci has this season, I don't know why this isn't getting acknowledged.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad