Value of: Cody Ceci

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
If he takes a long term (4+yrs) I could see between 4.5 to 5 m; bridge deal could be in the range of 3.5 to 4 and change. Doubt he gets an os as Ottawa would match anything that isn't ludicrous. He has an arbitration date set, no?

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
If he takes a long term (4+yrs) I could see between 4.5 to 5 m; bridge deal could be in the range of 3.5 to 4 and change. Doubt he gets an os as Ottawa would match anything that isn't ludicrous. He has an arbitration date set, no?

That's Hoffman who has his arb date.

I think Ceci gets 4 million x 6 years.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
That's Hoffman who has his arb date.

I think Ceci gets 4 million x 6 years.

Is ceci even at the point where he can be given an os? I don't think he has enough games played yet, correct me if I'm wrong of course. He would have to received a qualifying offer from the sens to ensure he remained team property.

IAmBobo

Mar 9, 2013
Toronto
Wow if a 3rd pairing dman gets more than 4mil and long term contract then

-______________________________-

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Is ceci even at the point where he can be given an os? I don't think he has enough games played yet, correct me if I'm wrong of course. He would have to received a qualifying offer from the sens to ensure he remained team property.

What is the requirement for a player to be eligible to get a offer sheet?

He has played a total of 211 games in the NHL so far.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014

I have a strong distain for the sens, but to call ceci a 3rd pairing d is laughable. Most likely slots next to Phaneuf on the 2nd pair this yr.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
What is the requirement for a player to be eligible to get a offer sheet?

He has played a total of 211 games in the NHL so far.

200 games, so the possibility does exist for an os then. Still, highly doubt anyone does it. Ott matches anything under 5.5 and takes the compensation for anything above; decent place to be really.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Pretty sure he got a qualifying offer but if he doesn't sign it he could hold out or receive offer sheets. Kind of obvious at this point he won't sign the qualifying offer and wants more from the Sens.
Isn't the rule if RFA and doesn't get a qualifying offer then becomes an UFA?

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Pretty sure he got a qualifying offer but if he doesn't sign it he could hold out or receive offer sheets. Kind of obvious at this point he won't sign the qualifying offer and wants more from the Sens.

Yes.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014

Nah, team can put a QO on a guy and essentially wait it out, negotiate, or go to arbitration. You're thinking of an offer sheet, wherein another team places an offer on the player- player then has the option to sign or reject it. If he signs, the team that currently owns his rights has the option to match and retain his services for the terms of the offer sheet or walk and receive the appropriate compensation. Currently, it sounds like Ottawa is still in negotiations and can continue negotiations up until Dec. 1 at which point he cannot play that calender year.

Misread your post. Ott still has his rights though.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Nah, team can put a QO on a guy and essentially wait it out, negotiate, or go to arbitration. You're thinking of an offer sheet, wherein another team places an offer on the player- player then has the option to sign or reject it. If he signs, the team that currently owns his rights has the option to match and retain his services for the terms of the offer sheet or walk and receive the appropriate compensation. Currently, it sounds like Ottawa is still in negotiations and can continue negotiations up until Dec. 1 at which point he cannot play that calender year.

Misread your post. Ott still has his rights though.

You need 4 seasons of experience to be eligible for arbitration, Ceci has 3. If you sign your entry level deal after the age of 20 it is different but for Ceci that doesn't apply.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
You need 4 seasons of experience to be eligible for arbitration, Ceci has 3. If you sign your entry level deal after the age of 20 it is different but for Ceci that doesn't apply.

I thought it was 4 pro seasons OR 200 games. It rings a bell with me because of gudreau. He played like 180 something but due to games played <200 he was ineligible to receive a os

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax

3rd pairing according to you ? He young a RHD who has room to grow . I say he top 4 right now . Maybe he 3rd pairing on the Sens with EK and DP ahead of him on the right side

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I thought it was 4 pro seasons OR 200 games. It rings a bell with me because of gudreau. He played like 180 something but due to games played <200 he was ineligible to receive a os

Maybe it's changed but I recall Penner has having a season and a little bit played when he signed his offer sheet, don't really recall any rules regarding OS eligibility but everything I can find mentions seasons played for arbitration eligibility with it varying based on when you signed your contract.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Maybe it's changed but I recall Penner has having a season and a little bit played when he signed his offer sheet, don't really recall any rules regarding OS eligibility but everything I can find mentions seasons played for arbitration eligibility with it varying based on when you signed your contract.

Penner was pre lockout as I recall, you're talking about pre-pancakes Penner right :p? He also came in undrafted and overage, so that had some significance in the whole situation

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Penner was pre lockout as I recall, you're talking about pre-pancakes Penner right :p? He also came in undrafted and overage, so that had some significance in the whole situation

After some more research you have to be a group 2 RFA to be eligible. In order to be a group 2 RFA you is based on how many professional season you have and when you signed your contract. Ceci needs three professional seasons played so he is eligible a group 2 RFA. What's classified as a professional season depends on age, which is why the 9 game mark is important for 18 year old players.

As for Gaudreau he signed his first contract at the age of 20 so he needs 3 professional seasons as well. He has only played 2.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
3rd pairing according to you ? He young a RHD who has room to grow . I say he top 4 right now . Maybe he 3rd pairing on the Sens with EK and DP ahead of him on the right side

Dion and Ceci are the 2nd pair.

trentmccleary

Mar 2, 2002
Alfie-Ville
Visit site
"There are multiple offers on the table and it's a matter of Ceci's camp choosing between the Yrs/Salary combo they want." <rumoured on here weeks ago, confirmed by Dorion on the radio this week>

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario

You certainly are Bobo! Bobo the clown!

If you think Ceci is a 3rd pairing dman, well then you're quite simply a pinhead. He was a top 4 playing iwth a guy like Patrick Wiercoch and getting Phaneuf did nothing but good things for his game.

You should really watch the teams your commenting on. Never know may come across as a pinhead :help:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad