Cody Ceci sued for 8 million for freak accident

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
In your case you actually don't know anything and you're here to add more fire to this to irritate people.

She wasn't an instructor but a business owner FYI, maybe she had plans to launch several more for all we know.

She sued for 8m, she won't get all 8m but she sure as hell deserves it.

Thank you for your contribution of absolutely zero value.

This is the second time I hear about these grand plans and missed business opportunities that I can't seem to be able to find anything on google.

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
I'm not disputing liability. That much is pretty much the same in ever western country I believe. Though in your example I highly doubt the owner is deemed liable in court if it's determined that the scaffolding was defect because of the company that installed it.

Yes, if homeowner contracted someone to install the scaffolding they are probably out of the hook. If they did not contract anyone to make the scaffolding and just assumed that your contractor takes care of it themselves then they could definitely be held liable should the contractor end up hurting themselves as a result.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Well you dont understand thats for sure, so as I said stop. Her business was growing rapidly and almost had to declare bankrupcy due to the event. She was the face, the personality and the social media influencer that was growing it, it lost all its momentum.

Again you have absolutely no clue about the burns what its like emotionally and mentally, you are talking out of your ass. 4 months? This happened over a year ago, AGAIN JUST STOP or atleast get the facts strait and do some research.

I'm sure you can provide some articles or anything because I sure as hell couldn't find anything business related with her name on it. Just endless stream of articles about a woman on fire which I didn't feel like scrolling through.

edit:

The second article in this thread was 4 months after the incident when she was feeling better and even talking about returning to her instructing duties. That's what I was referring to.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Its almost like she is not about to get obscene amounts of money. Id switch places on the spot to be set for life. Im europe your lucky to get 10k from such incedents.

Easy to say that from across the keyboard. Much harder when you have to have you skin on fire, put into a medically induced coma, multiple surgeries (from what I read, over 20 skin grafts), not to mention everything that goes with it. I wouldn't trade places with her.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Easy to say that from across the keyboard. Much harder when you have to have you skin on fire, put into a medically induced coma, multiple surgeries (from what I read, over 20 skin grafts), not to mention everything that goes with it. I wouldn't trade places with her.

When it happened most people thought she may not even make it, let alone be functional. The doctors deserve alot of credit they did an incredible job. Suggesting that anyone would trade places for any amount of money is asinine.

Muikea Bulju

Oct 11, 2018
How is it Codys fault if his common law partner ****ed up? Because he has money? :huh:

Well of course the lawyer is going to drag in anyone within 10 miles who might have money.

Have you ever met a single honest lawyer, who is not after the money, but only justice?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Typically in lawsuits like this they try to make loose associations to anyone that has money.
And probably crank up the starting bid high up so they'd sign a settement for One Million Dollars that is but a petty 12.5 percent of the initial ask and a stomachable price for getting to put the matter behind them.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Yeah, she deserves something for her pain and suffering. Just lucky that the party was held by a multimillionaire, isn't it? Tough to get 8 million out of a coal miner.

I'm European so I just don't get these multi million dollar lawsuits, but whatever. You seem happy with the system, so what the hell do I know. :)

I'm sure it was her intention to get get rich by being set on fire and have her life dramatically altered from attending a house party. It was all part of the plan. Perhaps if you don't know shit, you shouldn't comment on it?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Well of course the lawyer is going to drag in anyone within 10 miles who might have money.

Have you ever met a single honest lawyer, who is not after the money, but only justice?

The job is all about being the legal representative of your client looking up solely after her benefit. The judge's supposed to be the impartial one.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

This is the second time I hear about these grand plans and missed business opportunities that I can't seem to be able to find anything on google.

Google is the only source I guess.... Real people who live in Ottawa must have no clue right. You are truly more informed.

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Google is the only source I guess.... Real people who live in Ottawa must have no clue right. You are truly more informed.

Well I'm very sorry I don't find you as a credible source. I'm sure you're very comfortable taking the word of a random anonymous person writing in the internet.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

You're kidding right? Her business shows up in many searches...try again.

Reactions: fivesberg

HockeyIsCool

Sep 15, 2018
Man that's toguh on all involved. Could you imagine going to bed everynight knowing you set someone on fire? Gotta be some pretty traumatic memories for everyone.

Reactions: Ippenator

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017

Yeah, hyperbole. Why not right? Yes, of course oddball lawsuits get raised, from time to time.

I find it funny that you try to argue that Canada is just as litigous as the USA by referencing an article about women told she is no longer welcome in court because she's trying to raise frivolous lawsuits though. Isn't that a pretty great argument for Canada not condoning that sort of thing? Who's point are you trying to make?

Reactions: Dhakhan

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
You're kidding right? Her business shows up in many searches...try again.

Yes, I found the website and an article from 4 years ago but nothing recent closer to the incident where her expansion plans are stated. Obviously I'm interested in how successful her business was before the incident. That part is what I'm interested about since it's the most relevant to her 6 million dollar claim.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Yeah, hyperbole. Why not right? Yes, of course oddball lawsuits get raised, from time to time.

I find it funny that you try to argue that Canada is just as litigous as the USA by referencing an article about women told she is no longer welcome in court because she's trying to raise frivolous lawsuits though. Isn't that a pretty great argument for Canada not condoning that sort of thing? Who's point are you trying to make?

Frivolous lawsuits can be raised anywhere, and this may shock you, but they get dismissed in the U.S . as well. I get that this may be difficult to grasp to simpletons who generalize.

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Yes, I found the website and an article from 4 years ago but nothing recent closer to the incident where her expansion plans are stated. Obviously I'm interested in how successful her business was before the incident. That part is what I'm interested about since it's the most relevant to her 6 million dollar claim.

I don't get it, what do you want to hear? That she was a failure and so was her business?

She has a successful business (that charges $95/mo) that is 5+ years old and would have continued to grow. It's actually still running right now thanks to her father, that just shows how well she built her company...are you to blind to see the value of a successful business?

IMO even her 8 million claim is not enough for the pain and suffering it is bringing her financially and emotionally.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

As mentioned in many posts, the party was held at Cody Ceci's house. Cody isn't paying for this directly out of pocket, it'll be coming out of the home insurance.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
I don't get it, what do you want to hear? That she was a failure and so was her business?

She has a successful business (that charges $95/mo) that is 5+ years old and would have continued to grow...do you not see the value in a successful business?

Why would you assume I want to hear her business was a failure? I'm simply asking for some data so I can wrap my head around that claim. I've heard twice now that she was on a verge to launch a franchise on her successful business model and if that's the case, it obviously changes the narrative about the claim quite a bit, no? If I come out as hostile, that I am not. Nor do I wish anything bad for anyone involved. I'm simply skeptical and curious to find more information.

lauraP

Aug 4, 2019
Ceci has been a human tire fire for his entire life, so it’s hard to believe that this is really the first time he’s accidentally set somebody on fire.

(My condolences go out to Hana Engel and her family. I hope she is able to complete a full recovery.)
you're so hilarious, you should do stand up

Muikea Bulju

Oct 11, 2018
As mentioned in many posts, the party was held at Cody Ceci's house. Cody isn't paying for this directly out of pocket, it'll be coming out of the home insurance.

Why would the house owner pay for it even through his insurance?

If I go to someone's place, and someone else there misuses a device / does not follow instructions, how is it the owner's fault?

Muikea Bulju

Oct 11, 2018
The job is all about being the legal representative of your client looking up solely after her benefit. The judge's supposed to be the impartial one.

Maybe they should start slapping fines on lawyers bringing in completely useless cases, wasting everyone's time? This is nothing but useless waste of time for Ceci, if he gets any punishment from this at all, the court should be abolished and the judge fired.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I have 3rd degree burns from freak accident. Get that money lady, those scars and the memories of getting dead skin removed from a wire brush with no numbing agents, yeah, 8 million aint enough for that.
Only if you had 3rd degree burns though, you would actually know that third degree burn the nerve endings off so you actually don't feel anything. The worst burns are 2nd because degree of burns is based on the deepness of the burn and not really the amount of pain you feel. So because of that second degree burns normally stop right above the nerve endings in pain receptors and why they're the worst. You might've had 3rd degree burns, but all the pain you were feeling is surrounding tissue of the 2nd degree.

3rd degree is the worst though, because the deepness causes penetration for outside bacteria and viruses to enter due to lack of protection.
I guess that's the end of that friendship.
Goes to show how fickle people are nowadays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad