Player Discussion Cody Ceci | Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Physical skills can only take a player so far an unfortunately for Cody he's one of the dumbest players I've ever had the displeasure of watching. The organization is gonna have roughly 5 million reasons to not sign him to an extension this summer, and I think some of us will finally get our wish.

You're forgetting who our GM is. Euge will let him sign him for 5 and he will. I can't stand Dorion

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Sign him to a one year deal and let him help the tank until the deadline.
I think 1-2 yrs is ideal. I think he'll be better under DJ and at that point they can re-evaluate or most likely trade him. I do still think he can become a nice #4 if used in that role

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I see that we officially qualified Ceci. Honestly, I think that walking away from him would have been the best move for the club, but Dorion of course won't do that. Next best, I suppose, would be to go to arbitration with him, brutally try to chew him down, and sign him to a one year deal. Hopefully he then plays angry, looking for a new contract, and we trade him as a deadline rental for a mid round pick. The worst outcome would be to sign him to anything with term attached. I'm not a Dorion hater - in many respects he is a very good hockey guy. His blind spot for Ceci, though, is absolutely mind boggling...

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I see that we officially qualified Ceci. Honestly, I think that walking away from him would have been the best move for the club, but Dorion of course won't do that. Next best, I suppose, would be to go to arbitration with him, brutally try to chew him down, and sign him to a one year deal. Hopefully he then plays angry, looking for a new contract, and we trade him as a deadline rental for a mid round pick. The worst outcome would be to sign him to anything with term attached. I'm not a Dorion hater - in many respects he is a very good hockey guy. His blind spot for Ceci, though, is absolutely mind boggling...

Ceci is a GM nightmare, can’t get any value for him, don’t want to sign him, no one to replace him, and the legacy of your predecessor was to promote local kids and talk up all the local players as great - Ceci and Dorion are in a tough spot.

Best case is Coach DJ gets him playing well and we move him at the Deadline for something decent

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
People who think we could have had Hall are the same people who think Bush did 9/11
Dreger
Taylor Hall for Cody Ceci was almost a thing

“And these two clubs came real close to making a pretty big trade not that long ago and just couldn’t get it done.”

“That trade was Taylor Hall for I think they finally got to a place where Ottawa was willing to consider Cody Ceci – so it would have been Hall for Ceci.”

“(It) had to be cleared in Ottawa through ownership. And before they could get clearance, Hall got traded to New Jersey for Larsson.”

Reactions: NB613

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
Dreger

“And these two clubs came real close to making a pretty big trade not that long ago and just couldn’t get it done.”

“That trade was Taylor Hall for I think they finally got to a place where Ottawa was willing to consider Cody Ceci – so it would have been Hall for Ceci.”

“(It) had to be cleared in Ottawa through ownership. And before they could get clearance, Hall got traded to New Jersey for Larsson.”
I know the context. I still don’t believe any word of it and never will, just because Dreger says something *two years later* doesn’t make it fact.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
I know the context. I still don’t believe any word of it and never will, just because Dreger says something *two years later* doesn’t make it fact.

Forgive me for taking his word over some random poster on HF who says “nope never happened”

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
The difference is I’m not speaking in facts. I just don’t believe it. Larsson had way more value than Ceci. I think it was a huge pipe dream.

Ceci was 22 at the time
15/16: 75-10-16-26
And he had a good showing for Canada at the WC
10-1-5-6

His value was at his peak

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Dreger

It’s written right there . The oilers chose to go for larsson

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Because the Sens took to long to clear the move with Melnyk
That’s speculation

If the oilers really wanted ceci they would have waited

Not sure why anyone would have taken ceci over larsson

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
That’s speculation

If the oilers really wanted ceci they would have waited

Not sure why anyone would have taken ceci over larsson