Player Discussion Cody Ceci | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I just accept Ceci for what he is as an improving but average top 4 RD.

He’s young, he’s getting better, I like his attitude, and I accept he’s not perfect.

I actually don’t know why everyone piles on Ceci. I guess he’s just that guy unfortunately

Ceci doesn’t do anything particularly well. He has a good set of tools, but he seems to lack a toolbox.

Anytime TSN 1200 guys talk about him, they say he’s a right shot, he’s young, he plays lots of minutes, but none of that proves he’s good.

He has been better of late, and I hope it keeps up. Getting rid of Phaneuf is good for him. Play him with Chabot. Let’s see how it goes. What can you lose?

Reactions: Newgates59

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Ceci doesn’t do anything particularly well. He has a good set of tools, but he seems to lack a toolbox.

Anytime TSN 1200 guys talk about him, they say he’s a right shot, he’s young, he plays lots of minutes, but none of that proves he’s good.

He has been better of late, and I hope it keeps up. Getting rid of Phaneuf is good for him. Play him with Chabot. Let’s see how it goes. What can you lose?

I don't listen much to tsn1200 except the postgame when i can and little other things.

But i heard them several time talking about Ceci being strong behind the goal line, good at rushing into the opponent zone with the puck, being good at pinching ( that's more recently ) just on top of my head. And of course, what you just wrote they also talk about.

He is far from perfect, far !

But he has quality aside from being a RHD, big, strong and lot of minute.
You don't need to agree, but they say more then what you wrote. Maybe you simply haven't heard when they did.

Personally, i see progress this year. He is stronger on the board, he compete more, he find way to jump into the play more, i think he has more points. He is making pass ( last year it was a mess ).
It's not perfect like i said, and he need to stop being played as the shutdown dman. But who will? EK?

Let's hope they continue to put him with Chabot. At has look more dymamic so far!

Reactions: topshelf15

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
- Karlsson makes more mistakes than any other player but yet Ceci is talked as doing far more mistakes than others. Of course, TOI vs QoC will eventually put those players in tougher situations. When a player has already 2 strikes against him, then there's not much to be done. Wrong chair since Boucher has been here, asking a young 2-way D-man to become the shutdown D-man. Also, the Phaneuf-Ceci pairing didn't work and was used for too long. Finally it's over and maybe Ceci can finally flourish and lose that scapegoat tag (good luck)

- Ceci on a 5 years deal probably gets around 4.2

- Concerning Borowiecki, he is good because he receives the right TOI. He is currently 8th in TOI/GP behind Karlsson, Ceci, Phaneuf, Oduya, Chabot, Claesson and even Harpur.

- One more point : imagine if the Sens win the lottery and draft Dahlin

Dahlin-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci
Wolanin-Jaros
Harpur

Now that's a great looking defense

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He talked about liking playing with Boro in a media scrum today (I think it was recorded today). Mentioned how Boro is a great guy on and off the ice, always reliable, and I think he talked about Boro adding another dimension to his play this year. I know the thread is about Ceci, not Boro, but interesting to see him heap praise on Boro.

I still think Chabot would be a good partner for him, but I guess Boucher wants a shutdown pair.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
still think Chabot would be a good partner for him, but I guess Boucher wants a shutdown pair.

I know they trailed much of the game but Boucher did use Chabot-Ceci quite a bit last game. At ES they played 8:26 compared to the 4:27 that Boro played with Ceci. Ceci-Chabot has been used a fair amount, even when Phaneuf was around.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I know they trailed much of the game but Boucher did use Chabot-Ceci quite a bit last game. At ES they played 8:26 compared to the 4:27 that Boro played with Ceci. Ceci-Chabot has been used a fair amount, even when Phaneuf was around.
It seems when the Sens fall behind .. Chabot's icetime sees an uptick. Just a guess/observation on my part , I have no data to back it up

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
It seems when the Sens fall behind .. Chabot's icetime sees an uptick. Just a guess/observation on my part , I have no data to back it up

I'd say thats accurate, though I'm not sure I'd say Chabot has been getting any less ice time with Ceci when the team is winning.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yeah, I noticed that as well. Chabot and Karlsson tend to get extra shifts when we're trailing though. I know we'll see them get minutes together, but I guess I meant more as a starting pair. Having said that, if we can spread things out and get 3 effecting pairings, that's going to pay serious dividends.

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014

This passes the eye test as well. Ceci hustles hard in those battles but never comes away with the puck.

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Management should've traded him while his value was relatively high. Have no idea what they see in him other than being local.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Management should've traded him while his value was relatively high. Have no idea what they see in him other than being local.
I think he needs to be let loose and pushed offensively. Cut down on the thinking.
He is a big strong body, he has decent speed and shot.
Just. Needs. To. Stop. Thinking. So much

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

This passes the eye test as well. Ceci hustles hard in those battles but never comes away with the puck.

Biggest reason is that he is miscast as a puck mover. He's not one but is expected to be. Always corners himself when starting a breakout and the opposition comes out with the puck. Pair him with a solid puck mover, someone he can give the puck to and he will fine.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I think he needs to be let loose and pushed offensively. Cut down on the thinking.
He is a big strong body, he has decent speed and shot.
Just. Needs. To. Stop. Thinking. So much

Sooo he needs a new coach.

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
Biggest reason is that he is miscast as a puck mover. He's not one but is expected to be. Always corners himself when starting a breakout and the opposition comes out with the puck. Pair him with a solid puck mover, someone he can give the puck to and he will fine.
He’s not a puck mover or a two-way defenceman. Neither is he a offensive or stay at home guy. He’s just bad.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
When you go back and read some of the scouting reports on Ceci from his draft year he was viewed as a near lock for a top ten pick. A guy who was a offence first, 200 ft player, who had a high motor but bad form.

Some of his troubles would be fixed with a different approach and posture. But he needs to be turned into what he was originally to succeed - an unorthodox looking puck mover.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
When you go back and read some of the scouting reports on Ceci from his draft year he was viewed as a near lock for a top ten pick. A guy who was a offence first, 200 ft player, who had a high motor but bad form.

Some of his troubles would be fixed with a different approach and posture. But he needs to be turned into what he was originally to succeed - an unorthodox looking puck mover.
He doesn’t have the brain to be making decisions with the puck with opponents flying at him at high speeds. I mean he was an awkward puck mover in JUNIOR. In the NHL it’s just called being a sloppy player.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Drouin duchene hall. All forwards who’s teams wanted ceci at least as part of a deal. (Sometimes 1 for 1). Not trading ceci even if you like him in this case, can be viewed as a massive massive mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad