Player Discussion Cody Ceci Appreciation Thread

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
giphy.gif

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
He had a really amazing world championships a few years back. We probably asked too much of him and put him in too big a role. I hope he can clean up his game a bit and put it all together somewhere. Wish him all the best.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I feel like this the place to say this: I always believed in this guy. I know his family, I followed him in junior, I was super hyped on drafting him and he's a handsome man. For many years with the Sens I figured he'd be a big part of the future. I held out hope that he'd figure it all out and be that guy in the top 4 we needed. I was wrong. It didn't work out. He dazzled me as a 67. He looked great in his rookie season. But he just never put it all together.

Ceci has ALL THE TOOLS. He could have been great. But his brain couldn't keep up with the speed of the NHL. We asked more of him at every juncture than he was ready for and he couldn't deliver.

With the Leafs, he might have a shot. There's a good established 2-3 guys there and a lot of talent up front. If he can just be a 5-6 guy in the background, he'll probably be fine and fairly valuable.

Ceci's failures in Ottawa aren't all his own. They partially fall on the failure of coaching and management. Good luck to him, he's a good guy and I know he wanted to be a lifetime Senator.

Good luck in Toronto and onwards.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I feel like this the place to say this: I always believed in this guy. I know his family, I followed him in junior, I was super hyped on drafting him and he's a handsome man. For many years with the Sens I figured he'd be a big part of the future. I held out hope that he'd figure it all out and be that guy in the top 4 we needed. I was wrong. It didn't work out. He dazzled me as a 67. He looked great in his rookie season. But he just never put it all together.

Ceci has ALL THE TOOLS. He could have been great. But his brain couldn't keep up with the speed of the NHL. We asked more of him at every juncture than he was ready for and he couldn't deliver.

With the Leafs, he might have a shot. There's a good established 2-3 guys there and a lot of talent up front. If he can just be a 5-6 guy in the background, he'll probably be fine and fairly valuable.

Ceci's failures in Ottawa aren't all his own. They partially fall on the failure of coaching and management. Good luck to him, he's a good guy and I know he wanted to be a lifetime Senator.

Good luck in Toronto and onwards.
Look at the big heart in FQL

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I'm happy he is gone too but this is an appreciation thread. Ceci is an Ottawa athlete we should all take pride in and he played for our logo for the past 6ish years. Thanks Ceci I hope he finds his game in Toronto

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Another player who took the brunt of the fans hatred towards ownership, management & coaching. IMO he was asked to do too much at too young of an age because management was so incompetent & the coaches needed to win to keep their jobs, everybody lost. Ceci was a very good guy, always had time for fans & to sign autographs for kids, he'll be fine, the Sens on the other hand ... who knows?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I'm glad we did not sign him long term, but I don't hate the guy. Wish him the best.

He was misused a lot, and the draft stock and early success may have painted an unrealistic picture of his potential.

If it isn't working, I'm a big believer in just trying something new, so glad to see that happening even if Zaitsev is seen as his equal.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Fans are commenting on Ceci like he hasn't arrived or he's washed up. He's 25 and has 440 games under his belt. Two playoff appearances where he did well with a conference final that he played his heart out in.

He'll probably play 1000 NHL games and have a few nice runs. Imagine he wins a Cup in Toronto next season, legend forever.

Always liked Ceci, just plays hard and his teammates like him which always means a lot. Amazing engine on him, good luck.

Reactions: Variable26

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Yup, I could never question his effort or commitment. Seemed like a hell of a guy. But if I was forced to pick one word to describe him as a player it would be bumbling. The best part of my hockey summer will be listening to Leafs fans convince themselves he's a good player.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I am going to miss Ceci on the Sens.. Soooo many people make fun of him... This unfortunately has become part of the entertainment value of the Ottawa Senators

Reactions: FlyingJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad