Cody Ceci and Mark Stone apply for arbritation

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Why do they say "Apply for arbitration" . Its not like they aren't going to get it?

Last edited:

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
If the people who are somehow still hanging around thinking things can get better after an EK trade with "a huge return" , you might as well trade Stone and Duchene too.

Just max out on picks and propects and watch how badly the Vegas model works when you can't pick from everyones 2nd lines.

I know its irrational but I hope he sticks it to the team too.

But I suspect he's actually being … I won't say mislead.. but he's being told he's the future Captain of this team and that it's all going to be better, just stay the course.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Iirc, they can always get a deal done before the arbitration date. While it's unfortunate Stone hasn't signed a new contract yet, it's not the end of the world. Still well over a month and a half before camp.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Once Karlsson is dealt with they gotta go full steam ahead with Stone. Give him all the money, the captaincy etc. Just get him signed long term at all costs. He's 25. Even if we're in for s long rebuild, he's young enough to be relevant by the time the team is back to being a playoff team and I want him mentoring our prospects.

I fully expect him to take the arbitration number and the next flight out of here but surprise me. Please.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Anyone know if, to be eligible for a second buyout window, we have to actually go to arbitration? Or can it just be from them applying?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I expect them both to sign & probably before the arbitration date.

If Stone doesnt sign, say goodbye to the best player on the team 24 hours after the previous best player on the team just left. With No first round pick after finishing second last. Is this actually happening? Management knew this was going to happen and chose to pick a guy who had 8 goals as a late draft knowing they would be the worst team in the NHL... Its just so f***ing crazy it doesnt seem real.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
I want this to happen so bad, never been at this level before as a sens fan wishing for the sens to screw themselves over in trades. but it feels so good, I remember begging for Alfie not to leave, begging them not to trade Silf, Zib, Lehner, Turris. Begging them to protect 8 players and goalie to keep Methot. **** them now, I want this team to turn to **** I want every good player out and to go on with their careers and laugh at this pathetic team.

:(

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Oh trust me, I'm going wherever Karlsson goes, and I won't be back until Melnyk sells or dies. But I'm not going to actively root against the team.
No way I could cheer for TBL, no way.

I think i’m just going to take a hiatus from hockey altogether. This mayhem is just too crushing.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Once Karlsson is dealt with they gotta go full steam ahead with Stone. Give him all the money, the captaincy etc. Just get him signed long term at all costs. He's 25. Even if we're in for s long rebuild, he's young enough to be relevant by the time the team is back to being a playoff team and I want him mentoring our prospects.

I fully expect him to take the arbitration number and the next flight out of here but surprise me. Please.
I don’t really care what happens with Stone. Things feel so irrelevant now.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Alright Nietzsche.
Hey.... it is my outlook on the situation right now. It’s a whirlwind!

At the same time, keep in mind that my previous message, as all messages, has no intonation... in case you added one in particular ;)

Life goes on. It’s just going to be without hockey for me for a little while as this latest display has made me lose a great level of interest.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'll still watch the Sens, but it'll be more of a blend between the I ain't even mad attitude, and laughing at the circus. It's kinda like that character in a movie who knows he's just about to die, and all he can do, is sit there, light up a smoke and laugh like a madman.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011

I'm concerned about his injury history

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Stone can't sign a long term deal until January 1st since he elected arbitration.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Correct. Stone can just reject everything from the sens, take the arbitration, play his one year, and he becomes a UFA on July 1st 2019.

That is if Stone is asking for a one year contract.

We don't know that he is.

Is he willing to take the chance, and leave years and money on the table, and gamble that he has a good to great year, and not get injured...... perhaps a career ending injury, just to become an UFA?

It would be wiser, for him, to be asking for a multi year contract, and getting paid to give up a number of years of UFA eligibility, rather than to seek a one year contract.

Reactions: Cosmix

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I have to think Stone recognizes that if he sticks around long term, this can be his team. Captain of an NHL team, that's pretty darn appealing I'd think. I also feel like there is some loyalty that still lies here, given we took him in the 6th round and gave him his shot.

I know money talks, but I think Stone is the kind of guy to recognize the above and want to stick this one out.

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada
That is if Stone is asking for a one year contract.

We don't know that he is.

Is he willing to take the chance, and leave years and money on the table, and gamble that he has a good to great year, and not get injured...... perhaps a career ending injury, just to become an UFA?

It would be wiser, for him, to be asking for a multi year contract, and getting paid to give up a number of years of UFA eligibility, rather than to seek a one year contract.

It would be wise, for him and the franchise, if Eugene Melnyk would sell the Senators. But...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
They way things have gone here recently we can expect a Ceci 8x5.5 full NMC after 2020 to avoid and a Stone 1 x 6.75 after submitting 5.5 vs 8

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad