Coburn vs Belle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whawks33

Apr 1, 2002
Portland OR
Visit site
Frenzy1 said:
Belle got the game winner last night and Coburn had an assist.

I'm not discounting his game winner, but it was a fluky goal, off the crossbar, off the goalie's back and in the net.

But beyond that goal, Belle has 2 goals overall and Coburn one assist. Right now, Belle is -2 and Coburn is -1. Perhaps the more crucial stat is that Coburn has a team leading 8 PIM's and Belle only has 2 PIM's.

Bottom line, Belle is stepping up in the playoffs, Coburn is not. With the Hawks down 3-1 in games, it will be interesting to see how Coburn plays Friday.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Whawks33 said:
I'm not discounting his game winner, but it was a fluky goal, off the crossbar, off the goalie's back and in the net.

Did he call off the bar, off the goalie and into the net? Now it is Coburns turn...:joker:

Whawks33 said:
But beyond that goal, Belle has 2 goals overall and Coburn one assist. Right now, Belle is -2 and Coburn is -1. Perhaps the more crucial stat is that Coburn has a team leading 8 PIM's and Belle only has 2 PIM's.

Bottom line, Belle is stepping up in the playoffs, Coburn is not. With the Hawks down 3-1 in games, it will be interesting to see how Coburn plays Friday.

Coburn is out of the playoffs now and Belle was put as one of the three stars again last night. But, again, I am not sure how to translate this into success in the NHL.

I do, however, like Belle at the 30th pick. I think he will show up in the NHL (every team needs a competent 5 or 6), but I believe he will be a solid top 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad