Cobra Kai new karate kid series on youtube

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
True, but as far a realism goes the show does do a great job with the characters as there is no clear protagonist/antagonist. At the start of season 1 I figured Miguel would be the lovable hero for the series and at the point where I am now he's a total prick. Same goes for Joey, Danny and even Krease. It does a great job of showing how human everyone is and that there is no clear heros and villains in life.

agreed, they are not sticking to the typical formula and I like that. They probably need to knock Daniel down a couple notches.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Just finished season 1...it was great. One question though: what's the time frame? I can't see these kids learning karate and becoming black belts in a few months where they all go on to compete and be successful in a tournament

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Just finished season 1...it was great. One question though: what's the time frame? I can't see these kids learning karate and becoming black belts in a few months where they all go on to compete and be successful in a tournament

It does seem like it's a bit unrealistic that they would get so good so fast until you realize the time frame is exactly like the first movie. Daniel just moved and was starting school with no prior training and he wins all valley later that school year. Miguel is the same with getting beat up the first week of school, at the Halloween dance and so on. So it's really not that far fetched unless you think the movie was as well.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
It does seem like it's a bit unrealistic that they would get so good so fast until you realize the time frame is exactly like the first movie. Daniel just moved and was starting school with no prior training and he wins all valley later that school year. Miguel is the same with getting beat up the first week of school, at the Halloween dance and so on. So it's really not that far fetched unless you think the movie was as well.

Well yes. Both of their timelines are unrealistic. People don't become karate experts and black belts in 8 months

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Well yes. Both of their timelines are unrealistic. People don't become karate experts and black belts in 8 months

Did they become black belts though? The only time they had a black belt was when they wore the all black for the all valley. Whenever they were in the dojo with the white gi they had white belts still.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Did they become black belts though? The only time they had a black belt was when they wore the all black for the all valley. Whenever they were in the dojo with the white gi they had white belts still.
Regardless, do you think Miguel, Hawk and Robbie would be good enough to make it to the semis/finals to win this tournament against all these other fighters who have been doing karate for years?

No they wouldn't be

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

There was a line at the beginning of the second season where Johnny took away their "black belts" and made them go back to "white belts" because of how they acted at the tournament.

Daniel Larusso was put in the "black belt" competition by Miyagi in the film.

Although his "belt holds up pants" line from earlier in the film illustrates his thoughts on the matter.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Regardless, do you think Miguel, Hawk and Robbie would be good enough to make it to the semis/finals to win this tournament against all these other fighters who have been doing karate for years?

No they wouldn't be

No, they would barely be green belts by that time with little to no experience sparring.

It's just a fun show though.... Its probably got a couple of seasons left, once they cycle through all the old characters.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
No, they would barely be green belts by that time with little to no experience sparring.

It's just a fun show though.... Its probably got a couple of seasons left, once they cycle through all the old characters.
Yeah I get it, but I think they should have waited another season or two before they returned to the tournament.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Yeah I get it, but I think they should have waited another season or two before they returned to the tournament.

They could have pushed the time frame and showed it or had some smaller tourneys they entered with a big build-up to the All Valley. My guess is they had no idea if there would be a 2nd season and had to get all the nostalgia in.

Reactions: hoglund and NyQuil

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Martin Kove and Billy Zabka held up well. Ralph Macchio still looks 12.

I always liked to think Revenge of the Nerds was a sequel where freed from the environment of Cobra Kai, Lamar was able to comfortably come out.

...and on The Deuce Office Haddix died and his estranged wife and son moved to California.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

No they wouldn't be

This is a common misunderstanding of how physical training works. Most gains aren't about time spent, but about the driving music playing in the background. Muscles are placed into a 'montage' state, which allows the body to acquire advanced expertise in minutes instead of years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad