Cobra Kai new karate kid series on youtube

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Miguel's mom is so irrational. She dates Johhny, knowing he teaches karate to her son, happy her son won the tournament and all, but the moment he is beaten up in school it's all Johnny's fault? GTFOH

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
watched a few episodes of season 1 and wasn't really into it but i kept watching to see if it got better and it definitely pulled me in

season 2 was far better than the first. yes the acting is unimpressive (aside from zabka and kove) and the karate is not believable at all but i'm into it for some reason. plus i love the little 80s references and the flashbacks to the original movies. KKIII was a terrible movie but i really hope they bring terry silver back for s3

Reactions: John Price

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I haven't watched all of season 2 yet, but I think the acting in this season was pretty bad (so far anyway). Especially Robby.
Mainly Robby. The rest of the cast is improving, imo. The choreography for the school fight was absolutely wild, the show is really hitting its stride. The writers are really doing a good job of leveraging the franchise’s history to create logical plot threads. Looking forward to Season 3.

Reactions: I am not exposed

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Some were wondering about the time span the kids became good from season 1.

It seemed that school was already well underway and according to the film the Valley tournament was in December so it seemed the the kids became masters at Karate in a span of no longer than 3 months.

I looked up how long the average person can become good at basic Karate it apparently it ranges from around 5 months to a year so not much for believability there.

Great show though, haven't binges a new showing this since probably ever.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
When did this come to Netflix?! I binged both seasons with my gf on the weekend. I'd watched the 1st years ago but since it was on YouTube I didn't really follow closely but now it's on Netflix, which is dope.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
When did this come to Netflix?! I binged both seasons with my gf on the weekend. I'd watched the 1st years ago but since it was on YouTube I didn't really follow closely but now it's on Netflix, which is dope.

It has switched over to Netflix for season 3 and beyond

Reactions: irunthepeg

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Her being back only adds to the rivalry and hatred between them,and could also potentially cause problems between Daniel and his wife.Should be fun lol

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Rewatched season 1 last night on Netflix. Still loved it as much as I did when I first watched it back in 2018.

Now to watch season 2. Maybe tonight?? :dunno: :)

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Yeah when I watched that "trailer" i just assumed it was one of those shitty fan trailers. There was zero actual new content in any or it lol

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Some were wondering about the time span the kids became good from season 1.

It seemed that school was already well underway and according to the film the Valley tournament was in December so it seemed the the kids became masters at Karate in a span of no longer than 3 months.

I looked up how long the average person can become good at basic Karate it apparently it ranges from around 5 months to a year so not much for believability there.

Great show though, haven't binges a new showing this since probably ever.

Yeah but they were all black belts - we are taking about three years to get there. It’s not like Johnny is teaching any type of structure system. In reality all of those kids would have gotten torn up in a tourney. The show is not huge on believability.

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Yeah but they were all black belts - we are taking about three years to get there. It’s not like Johnny is teaching any type of structure system. In reality all of those kids would have gotten torn up in a tourney. The show is not huge on believability.

True, but as far a realism goes the show does do a great job with the characters as there is no clear protagonist/antagonist. At the start of season 1 I figured Miguel would be the lovable hero for the series and at the point where I am now he's a total prick. Same goes for Johnny, Danny and even Krease. It does a great job of showing how human everyone is and that there is no clear heros and villains in life.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duke74

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad