Coach's Corner with Don Cherry season 2019-2020 (not a general Don Cherry thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
What the hell was that

Dude drools over Hayley Baldwin and made some weird comment about texting girls earlier in the segment.

So uncomfortable.

Reactions: fivesberg

member 303789

Though this thread isn't meant as a general Cherry talk thread, I will say that to me he's come off mostly as an overly protective sports patriot. He's thinking about all those "good Canadian kids" ahead of foreign players. He just expresses it (intentionally?) poorly for these times. He's expressed how he likes former European NHL stars such as Bure and Selänne and likes Ovie. I realize he's probably too old to make the trip these days, but he should make a visit to Finland, the Canada of Europe, to experience the hockey culture and mentality. Maybe Teemu could be his tour guide. :laugh:
I really liked your first post regarding this thread.

golfortennis

Oct 25, 2007
So, is he wrong about the icings? Seems no one wants to address when he talks about specific hockey items....

Reactions: hoglund

golfortennis

Oct 25, 2007
First off, what did Don say about icings? And second, who's suppose to address it?

How a team will clear the puck, a player on the opposing could easily make an effort to touch it, grab it, whatever, but they don't, and the linesmen give them an icing call anyway.

Who's supposed to address it? How about those who come in here complaining he has nothing to say, nothing of value.... They make all these statements about Cherry, but when he brings up something relevant, it's crickets from them. Nt to mention the fact this thread is supposed to be about the actual show, which this is actually from.

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
Was anyone else absolutely shocked that he didn't give Eriksson Ek a shout out for blocking 3 Weber slappers in a shift?

(Nobody should be shocked)

Reactions: Michel Beauchamp

Sasquatchbreath

Oct 7, 2019
Was anyone else absolutely shocked that he didn't give Eriksson Ek a shout out for blocking 3 Weber slappers in a shift?

(Nobody should be shocked)

what are you insinuating? He has a 5 minute segment. Pretty hard to get to everything. You’re upset because he didn’t mention something you think he should? Write a letter to the NHL about your outrage

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
what are you insinuating? He has a 5 minute segment. Pretty hard to get to everything. You’re upset because he didn’t mention something you think he should? Write a letter to the NHL about your outrage

Obviously I'm insinuating that that a good Canadian boy would have been more likely than a Swede to get a mention from Cherry for willingly stepping in front of three Weber shots.

I'm neither outraged nor upset. It's more of an eyeroll thing for me with Cherry. I care about exactly enough to make a post on HF, and not nearly enough to start a letter writing campaign.

Sasquatchbreath

Oct 7, 2019
Obviously I'm insinuating that that a good Canadian boy would have been more likely than a Swede to get a mention from Cherry for willingly stepping in front of three Weber shots.

I'm neither outraged nor upset. It's more of an eyeroll thing for me with Cherry. I care about exactly enough to make a post on HF, and not nearly enough to start a letter writing campaign.

That damn Cherry. Not mentioning something some guy on a message board thinks he should mention. What an asshole.
Are you for real? Let me get this straight just so I understand you. He didn’t mention that because he’s Swedish? Do you know that for sure?

inthewings

Jul 26, 2005
That damn Cherry. Not mentioning something some guy on a message board thinks he should mention. What an *******.
Are you for real? Let me get this straight just so I understand you. He didn’t mention that because he’s Swedish? Do you know that for sure?

Are you asking if I know for sure that Cherry is more complimentary of Canadians than Europeans? The answer is that yes, I know that for sure. If you're asking if I know to what extent that bias played a role in this specific instance, the answer is that that's unknowable.

To reiterate my position: it's a lack of surprise that a European player who had maybe the ballsiest shift of the season so far was not praised by a guy who is known for praising that kind of play, most commonly when exhibited by Canadians. That's it.

BTW you seem a lot more upset and outraged about my post than I am about Coach's Corner.

Sasquatchbreath

Oct 7, 2019
Are you asking if I know for sure that Cherry is more complimentary of Canadians than Europeans? The answer is that yes, I know that for sure. If you're asking if I know to what extent that bias played a role in this specific instance, the answer is that that's unknowable.

To reiterate my position: it's a lack of surprise that a European player who had maybe the ballsiest shift of the season so far was not praised by a guy who is known for praising that kind of play, most commonly when exhibited by Canadians. That's it.

BTW you seem a lot more upset and outraged about my post than I am about Coach's Corner.

I’m only upset because I made things up in my mind about you and you’re not saying what I thought you should have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->