Coaching

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Eric Francis seems to think that Ward is the coach going forward but I don't think he is, his record is good because of the 7 game winning streak, that was more of a rush that the team felt. If you look at the stats of the team under Ward, they are in the 15-17 range(I believe).

Also I don't think it matters what coach we bring in because the problem is with this core.

What I think will happen:

The team brings in Ward and the same coaching staff(one of the reasons is that ownership does not want to spend on a top tier coach).

Under Ward, this team continues to be a middle of the pack team and get bounced in the first round, this continues for 3-4 years before major changes are made.

Future of Flames' Geoff Ward undecided, but choice is obvious - Sportsnet.ca

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
I'll be extremely disappointed if we make Ward the head coach given there's Gallant, Boudreau and Laviollette out there but I would not be surprised at all.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Francis just stirs the pot with the fans all the time. He knows what will get clicks...

Still, I wouldn't be surprised to be disappointed yet again.

Reactions: Ace Rimmer

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Well there is the point that the Flames are cheap when it comes to paying coaches. And the coaches that are available will cost much more than Ward does.
Penny wise pound foolish?

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Well there is the point that the Flames are cheap when it comes to paying coaches. And the coaches that are available will cost much more than Ward does.
Penny wise pound foolish?

2ra71f.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad