Coach Discussion: Coaching Thread 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Winnipeg Jets assistant coach accepts head coaching gig at University of Vermont

The University of Vermont announced on Wednesday they’ve hired Jets assistant coach Todd Woodcroft to be the new head coach of their men’s hockey team.

This is without question fallout from the Maurice extension. Woodcroft clearly saw a dismal future for himself here and gave up a pro hockey pay check to toil in anonymity at some tiny, backwoods NE college with a history of losing. How many more will leave because Maurice is stifling their professional growth with his outdated views? What will it take to finally get Maurice fired?

:soap:

Hey, just cause there's a pandemic going on doesn't mean we have to forego proper coaching thread form. :nod:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
This is without question fallout from the Maurice extension. Woodcroft clearly saw a dismal future for himself here and gave up a pro hockey pay check to toil in anonymity at some tiny, backwoods NE college with a history of losing. How many more will leave because Maurice is stifling their professional growth with his outdated views? What will it take to finally get Maurice fired?

:soap:

Hey, just cause there's a pandemic going on doesn't mean we have to forego proper coaching thread form. :nod:
I guess you didn't read what Woodcraft said about Maurice - hard to imagine a more positive affirmation of Maurice's leadership.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Really liked listening to Woodcroft before games , seems like a very smart hockey coach and it's too bad he's leaving but i hope this leads to something really good for him. I listened to his interview on 1290 yesterday and he couldn't say enough nice things about the Jets organisation and Winnipeg . Said he will always be a Jets fan no matter what happens. :nod:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I guess you didn't read what Woodcraft said about Maurice - hard to imagine a more positive affirmation of Maurice's leadership.

I guess you didn't figure out that my post was completely tongue in cheek. Although in reading Woody's comments now, I come away with the underlying message that being around Maurice makes people want to hurl themselves against a wall or be shot in the head. Not sure I take that as a positive. :sarcasm: :laugh:

wpgfishfan

Apr 1, 2014
Chevy getting ripped but Maurice bringing up excuse after excuse for 6 years and he's getting a pass. Funny part is we actually have 2 legitimate injures this time. Not sure who's more to blame for 2 playoff wins in 9 years Chevy or Maurice or Chipman

Reactions: rehf and AKAChip

DashingDane

Paul Maurice <3
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
I haven't liked Paul TOI distribution in this series. When you have a full team that's out of shape you play the hot hands (which he hasn't). Special team configurations is also just mind blowing. For once he actually has a legit excuse with Schiefele and Laine out but he just seems to always make things harder than they have to be. So i'll keep banging my fire Maurice drums (though we all know it won't happen).

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
People who work with PoMo love him. Even if he's not great at his actual job which is winning. Wtf cares if co-workers love him? Have people forgot the point of a sports team?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I love how all the Maurice and Chevy critics come out of the woodwork when the Jets are struggling with a decimated roster. It reminds me that I'm a fan of a Winnipeg-based hockey franchise.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
I love how all the Maurice and Chevy critics come out of the woodwork when the Jets are struggling with a decimated roster. It reminds me that I'm a fan of a Winnipeg-based hockey franchise.
Yes I am definitely coming out of the woodwork. I have definitely not been around these parts before.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
Seems like a convenient excuse considering the Jets have struggled for nearly two calendar years at this point.

Reactions: rkp and Bigfish

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Seems like a convenient excuse considering the Jets have struggled for nearly two calendar years at this point.
Jets finished with 47 wins and 99 points in 2018/19, and outplayed the Blues in round 1 - they had the second best goalie in that series.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Yes I am definitely coming out of the woodwork. I have definitely not been around these parts before.
I'm guessing that the timing of the revival of the "Coaching" and "GM" threads after the Jets' prospects took a dive with the loss of Scheifele and Laine isn't entirely a coincidence.

I expected this season to be a step back before Buff stopped playing and Little was injured. The Jets needed some roster reshaping.

I don't think the Hayes or Stastny trades worked out in the final analysis, but I can understand why the Jets made those moves. But it has created a talent gap below their core, and I don't think Maurice and Chevy have optimized the development of players like Roslovic and Vesalainen.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
I'm guessing that the timing of the revival of the "Coaching" and "GM" threads after the Jets' prospects took a dive with the loss of Scheifele and Laine isn't entirely a coincidence.

I expected this season to be a step back before Buff stopped playing and Little was injured. The Jets needed some roster reshaping.

I don't think the Hayes or Stastny trades worked out in the final analysis, but I can understand why the Jets made those moves. But it has created a talent gap below their core, and I don't think Maurice and Chevy have optimized the development of players like Roslovic and Vesalainen.
I don’t expect the Jets to win much with those 2 injured. It has no impact on PoMo’s competency. It probably effects his win rate over a few games though.

Reactions: AKAChip

rubikscube

Oct 27, 2017
Weinerpeg
No coach or GM can be blamed for losing when their franchise center and their 40 goal winger goes down in the first game of playoffs.

I'm glad people here don't run the show.
"FIRE HIMM!M!!!! ! FIREEEE REPALCE DA COACH AND HGM~!!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->