Coaching Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
I've not been quiet about #FireCoop since 2/27/17; his loyalty to Sustr :thumbd:

But it goes beyond Sustr/Boyle issue. It goes beyond his meaningless after-game, idiotic, pedestrian speeches. It goes beyond his suave and smooth talking he is; let the masses buy into that, I never did.

Is Coop a good person? Hell yes. No doubt the man inside that bubble-gum chewing, perfectly coifed exterior is a heart of gold.

This morning on NHL (Sirius) two the announcers were talking about Coop - "Is he too nice?" YES! "Why doesn't he get a nom for coach of the year?" He's got Tampa the best team on paper! "Why doesn't he get more excited?" Because he's just letting, as he said in the All-Star game, "I don't really have to coach really; just sort of let them on their lines to do their thing."

That's an actual quote from Cooper at the AS. REALLY?!? Just "let the lines onto the ice to do their thing?" REALLY!?

It takes a combination of mastermind, bastard and motivator to WIN the SCF, not just get there. Yzerman gave Coop the keys to the almighty promised land - Coop isn't winning with a team full of 1/2 unknowns like Nashville, Islanders, Vegas, Stars; he's winning with a team that was meant to win, cultivated to win by who?

Yzerman

When Trotz became "available" (in quotes because I think he was always meant to head to Isles if DC didn't extend his contract), I wanted Trotz - what Trotz did for Ovi last year was remarkable.

When Q became available - I prayed (and I don't believe) but I prayed...

I like Coop as a person - when we lost to Pens in G7, he and Stammer were the ONLY ones to stop and talk to the fans that greeted the team at the airport. #Respect

He apologized. And it seems like he is always apologizing. I don't want "I'm sorry" I want a the freaking cup here. In Tampa. So that the guys who've put a lot of blood, sweat, paycuts into this team, finally get the promised result.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I've not been quiet about #FireCoop since 2/27/17; his loyalty to Sustr :thumbd:

But it goes beyond Sustr/Boyle issue. It goes beyond his meaningless after-game, idiotic, pedestrian speeches. It goes beyond his suave and smooth talking he is; let the masses buy into that, I never did.

Is Coop a good person? Hell yes. No doubt the man inside that bubble-gum chewing, perfectly coifed exterior is a heart of gold.

This morning on NHL (Sirius) two the announcers were talking about Coop - "Is he too nice?" YES! "Why doesn't he get a nom for coach of the year?" He's got Tampa the best team on paper! "Why doesn't he get more excited?" Because he's just letting, as he said in the All-Star game, "I don't really have to coach really; just sort of let them on their lines to do their thing."

That's an actual quote from Cooper at the AS. REALLY?!? Just "let the lines onto the ice to do their thing?" REALLY!?

It takes a combination of mastermind, bastard and motivator to WIN the SCF, not just get there. Yzerman gave Coop the keys to the almighty promised land - Coop isn't winning with a team full of 1/2 unknowns like Nashville, Islanders, Vegas, Stars; he's winning with a team that was meant to win, cultivated to win by who?

Yzerman

When Trotz became "available" (in quotes because I think he was always meant to head to Isles if DC didn't extend his contract), I wanted Trotz - what Trotz did for Ovi last year was remarkable.

When Q became available - I prayed (and I don't believe) but I prayed...

I like Coop as a person - when we lost to Pens in G7, he and Stammer were the ONLY ones to stop and talk to the fans that greeted the team at the airport. #Respect

He apologized. And it seems like he is always apologizing. I don't want "I'm sorry" I want a the freaking cup here. In Tampa. So that the guys who've put a lot of blood, sweat, paycuts into this team, finally get the promised result.
This is exactly what I want! Is cooper a nice guy yes he is! And he will get another job! But I want the Stanley cup and cooper is not the guy that will get us the championship. Coach Q is sitting out there just waiting this summer for the bolts to call him.

Reactions: PJ817

PJ817

Jan 27, 2019
This is exactly what I want! Is cooper a nice guy yes he is! And he will get another job! But I want the Stanley cup and cooper is not the guy that will get us the championship. Coach Q is sitting out there just waiting this summer for the bolts to call him.
Unfortunately, I kind of wonder if Yzerman goes to SEA , that Q is the coach; there's a reason Q has not been picked up and I think it's because he's waiting for summer

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
tonights decision to give it looks like cernak a day off after the bad play of sergachev time and again tuesday blows my mind....

this is the cooper I dislike and get mad at... the sergachev not taking out tuch play with vasy doing his best hasek impersonation maybe save of the year on top of two other saves pissed me off like havent been mad a a kid in a long long long time. I dont believe on giving d men kids time off when they are a huge part of the PLAN... the future etc... But this was a perfect time to sit sergachev a game and show him hey try to play this way etc... Coach a little cooper obviously some of these guys need that dammit

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
The issue is he is... too nice? This isn't the military, screaming at people isn't the difference between a championship team and an ECF team.

Oh and since when is Trotz the godsend that you all seem to think he is? He couldn't do dick with good Nashville teams for almost a decade, and the caps hadn't done a f***ing thing and were a laughing stock come playoff time until they finally squirted by Pittsburgh last year, and still got dragged to 7 with us.

We're at 81 points and and 12 points clear on the next team out of the east, Toronto, and a significant gap on the best of the west. There are a lot of angry people in here for having an outright dominant team in this league.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
The issue is he is... too nice? This isn't the military, screaming at people isn't the difference between a championship team and an ECF team.

Oh and since when is Trotz the godsend that you all seem to think he is? He couldn't do dick with good Nashville teams for almost a decade, and the caps hadn't done a ****ing thing and were a laughing stock come playoff time until they finally squirted by Pittsburgh last year, and still got dragged to 7 with us.

We're at 81 points and and 12 points clear on the next team out of the east, Toronto, and a significant gap on the best of the west. There are a lot of angry people in here for having an outright dominant team in this league.

Yeah, can't believe we have this thread open.
"Anybody could coach this team to 50-55 wins", I read somewhere in this thread... Ffs

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

Oh and since when is Trotz the godsend that you all seem to think he is? He couldn't do dick with good Nashville teams for almost a decade, and the caps hadn't done a ****ing thing and were a laughing stock come playoff time until they finally squirted by Pittsburgh last year, and still got dragged to 7 with us.

So let’s hang our regular season championship banner and watch the penguins or caps win the Stanley cup. That’s the point cooper has never got to the finish line.

Reactions: PJ817

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com

love you man always the voice of reason and im sure cooper is a hell of a lot smarter then me and am sure he yells at times and is coaching his azz off all the time.... Which I AM UNABLE to see.... Is better to coach too then to tear down especially kids why sitting serge for mistakes or cernak or anyone else joseph etc.. is not the best advice just sometimes you sit a day you can get a lot of support on a bench working talking over the game etc.... So im mad today and even if we lose will forget about it and move on.... I dont think q is the difference of the cup at this point...> Think coop has proven himself and even if we did move cooper think he is offered another roll he is that valuable for his hockey mind that I think a lot of people don't see. I have been told cooper has added a lot to contract work etc.. with jbb etc... he is MUCH more valuable then just a coach imho...and ive seen cooper mad.... am sure he is not always nice... I have two issues in his whole tenure period marshmellow but how often has he been RIGHT? on guys? and koekkoek I dont think the sustr thing was the right choice myself or the guy before sustr lol. but two wrong out of what? ya and the status quo you want as an org is to simply be right more then wrong emmmm he has that and we have that in spades. do not mind deangelo his attitude sucked and drouin same at times or even connolly he pouted when cooper blew up on him... Maturity issues... which obviously cooper aint a screamer like other coaches but we all say the connolly tape and how he reacted etc... So the first rounders all lost yep thats organization thing but would I rather we had lost stralman tyjo palat ??? NO WAY in hell so howden got us miller and mcd thats an A+ for me... anyway lets gooooo bolts im mad today at coop but he has done wonders with the KIDS who have even stayed up in the league for years now even the ones not here.... Could that have been done better? the sustr thing and nesterov losing slater? yep that one is bad to me... Rest as saying dont see anyone doing a better job myself

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
So let’s hang our regular season championship banner and watch the penguins or caps win the Stanley cup. That’s the point cooper has never got to the finish line.
Yep, same with about 98% of other coaches in this league.

Listen, the guy isn't without fault and i'm not going to sit here and say that he doesn't make bad choices - funny enough, go ask in the Chicago forum how much Q pissed people off by overplaying veteran defensemen or giving young forwards a shot. He drove me nuts with the way he handled Koekkoek, there were times where you felt he should have rode the hot hand in Drouin. You don't see the behind the scenes stuff with injuries, or the stuff with Deangelo, etc. Just like all of these players learning to win, Coop is learning to win, and it changes daily.

Every coach "can't get it done" until they do, once, and then they become infallible in peoples eyes. Look at RC in Anaheim.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Yep, same with about 98% of other coaches in this league.

Listen, the guy isn't without fault and i'm not going to sit here and say that he doesn't make bad choices - funny enough, go ask in the Chicago forum how much Q pissed people off by overplaying veteran defensemen or giving young forwards a shot. He drove me nuts with the way he handled Koekkoek, there were times where you felt he should have rode the hot hand in Drouin. You don't see the behind the scenes stuff with injuries, or the stuff with Deangelo, etc. Just like all of these players learning to win, Coop is learning to win, and it changes daily.

Every coach "can't get it done" until they do, once, and then they become infallible in peoples eyes. Look at RC in Anaheim.
Answer this: if the Bolts come up short again this year while getting decisively outplayed by their final opponent, will they move on from Coop and try for Q?

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Answer this: if the Bolts come up short again this year while getting decisively outplayed by their final opponent, will they move on from Coop and try for Q?
love you man always the voice of reason and im sure cooper is a hell of a lot smarter then me and am sure he yells at times and is coaching his azz off all the time.... Which I AM UNABLE to see.... Is better to coach too then to tear down especially kids why sitting serge for mistakes or cernak or anyone else joseph etc.. is not the best advice just sometimes you sit a day you can get a lot of support on a bench working talking over the game etc.... So im mad today and even if we lose will forget about it and move on.... I dont think q is the difference of the cup at this point...> Think coop has proven himself and even if we did move cooper think he is offered another roll he is that valuable for his hockey mind that I think a lot of people don't see. I have been told cooper has added a lot to contract work etc.. with jbb etc... he is MUCH more valuable then just a coach imho...and ive seen cooper mad.... am sure he is not always nice... I have two issues in his whole tenure period marshmellow but how often has he been RIGHT? on guys? and koekkoek I dont think the sustr thing was the right choice myself or the guy before sustr lol. but two wrong out of what? ya and the status quo you want as an org is to simply be right more then wrong emmmm he has that and we have that in spades. do not mind deangelo his attitude sucked and drouin same at times or even connolly he pouted when cooper blew up on him... Maturity issues... which obviously cooper aint a screamer like other coaches but we all say the connolly tape and how he reacted etc... So the first rounders all lost yep thats organization thing but would I rather we had lost stralman tyjo palat ??? NO WAY in hell so howden got us miller and mcd thats an A+ for me... anyway lets gooooo bolts im mad today at coop but he has done wonders with the KIDS who have even stayed up in the league for years now even the ones not here.... Could that have been done better? the sustr thing and nesterov losing slater? yep that one is bad to me... Rest as saying dont see anyone doing a better job myself
Then why did they fire two coaches after the playoffs last season on coopers staff ? You 100 percent know in the salary cap era you only get so many years for a cup championship window and we have wasted enough years. Our window is closing each year as point and Kucherov get raises next year that’s more depth players you lose! Look at the Blackhawks, kings and rangers right now ? There windows slammed shut the kings and hawks got championships the rangers did not. We don’t need a coach still learning! We need a coach that is ready now! All our loses had one thing in common we failed to score goals vs the Blackhawks, penguins and capitals! If the lightning don’t win a cup in the next 3 years that’s it until they do a massive rebuild after that the window will be closed. I know some think this winning window will be open forever but it won’t. As far as talent level around the league where do you rank the lightning? Where to you rank teams in the top 10 in the nhl ? Who are your top 5 active nhl coaches right now ?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I could go back and read something you said differently earlier in the year! Then all the sudden you mind changes man?
I told you what I thought at that time and what I WOULD DO.... Now I am saying what I think they will do and what I am hearing is all... Sorry but I think hes gold at this point even if we get swept.... Am i super happy about it etc..? I have said if they do move on when thought there was much more a chance back then I would want them to stay on the detroit game plan but NOW jbb is the guy so to speak and I just feel and from what i've heard no change hes golden..> Now back then though I even said they would offer him another role... yep be a hot coach for any team so then it just depends does he want to stay in a new role etc... i also see Q sitting out there just as you do.... I am giving my view and its that cooper is a lock.... ive been wrong so dont get mad at me cause of a view lol.... and yes I think yzerman stays as part of the franchise figurehead consultant whatever you want to call him... thats the one NO one knows even is best friends but I FEEL he stays...

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Then why did they fire two coaches after the playoffs last season on coopers staff ? You 100 percent know in the salary cap era you only get so many years for a cup championship window and we have wasted enough years. Our window is closing each year as point and Kucherov get raises next year that’s more depth players you lose! Look at the Blackhawks, kings and rangers right now ? There windows slammed shut the kings and hawks got championships the rangers did not. We don’t need a coach still learning! We need a coach that is ready now! All our loses had one thing in common we failed to score goals vs the Blackhawks, penguins and capitals! If the lightning don’t win a cup in the next 3 years that’s it until they do a massive rebuild after that the window will be closed. I know some think this winning window will be open forever but it won’t. As far as talent level around the league where do you rank the lightning? Where to you rank teams in the top 10 in the nhl ? Who are your top 5 active nhl coaches right now ?
put the lightning in a group of 7 teams.... and yes most are in the other side of the league

chicago think will find a way back shortly.... pitt and washington will be napping around .... isle if can add a couple decent high end scorers will be tough toronto is very close to us thats four
calgary and nashville i put as pretty much a coin flip with us if face them knights? believe they got MORE coming and right now is about the hardest working group in the league and dangerous as hell if you dont put strangle hold on them...
san jose I think will fall .... they would be number 8 and think they are losing karlsson still a tough out though

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I think most of the people in here who want Cooper gone are young people who haven't seen many coaches to properly evaluate a good one from a bad one.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Pretty much this. I don't know how people can't see the irony in talking about The Greatness That Is Barry Trotz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad