Coaching Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Bowman came in the 94 season. First season they get upset by the Sharks. Then they get swept by the Devils in the Finals the next year. Then they lose to the Avs in 96.

Then they win two in a row.

Now, admittedly Bowman had 6 Cups to his name already, so it isn't a perfect example, but the point is even a great team like the Red Wings, who became known as a quasi-dynasty, had trouble getting there.
for sure they fired demurs hope got the right name lol not looking up stuff just going off head :) and think he won for montreal before wings won hahaha demurs had won a couple in montreal before I had thought... is all soo long ago it seems. today got whom I thought was on wings 2008 team wrong hahaha

and as far as cooper my complaints is only on a couple players think he didnt give shots over guy having no skills but size hoping would develop and missing on marshmellow blows my top each time I see him on a scoreboard haha. he has been right plenty but those really irk me. I actually am not critical on his games in playoffs.... At some point as others have stated it comes down to the group of players....

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I never said Trotz was Scotty Bowman. He just has Cooper's number. I never said he was a genius though he seems to be a great coach. And a lot of people think we are the most talented team in the league. Are you going to sit here with a straight face and say that no one else could do what Cooper has done?
Any nhl coach could coach this team to 50 to 55 wins a year with this roster cooper has nothing to do with it. Cooper is a solid coach but to act like nobody else could do this job is just plain being a idiot.

Reactions: AlmostThere242

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Any nhl coach could coach this team to 50 to 55 wins a year with this roster cooper has nothing to do with it. Cooper is a solid coach but to act like nobody else could do this job is just plain being a idiot.
think this was addressed to me todd.... and nope think is coaches who could do what cooper has done just dont put a lot of his decisions to our losses in playoffs

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Where is dan blysma now ? The same thing will happen to cooper if he went to coach the oilers. It’s the organization that has made cooper successful not the other way around

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
(...) think cooper has done a great job actually is times he has frustrated me but that is players related marshmellow no real shot and pots 30 that is a miss by a coach for SURE.... (...)

(...) and as far as cooper my complaints is only on a couple players think he didnt give shots over guy having no skills but size hoping would develop and missing on marshmellow blows my top each time I see him on a scoreboard haha.

Who is Marshmallow? :huh:

Edit: Oh Marchessault?

Last edited:

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Cooper needs to get it done this year or he's probably gone. He's the longest tenured coach in the NHL for a reason.

Reactions: AlmostThere242

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
No one said trotz is great and a genius! They just said trotz has coopers number

I never said Trotz was Scotty Bowman. He just has Cooper's number. I never said he was a genius though he seems to be a great coach. And a lot of people think we are the most talented team in the league. Are you going to sit here with a straight face and say that no one else could do what Cooper has done?

I just wanted to imply that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Yes, Trotz is a good coach but I doubt he would do a better job here, rather the opposite given his style of hockey. We have one of the best coaches in the league, could someone else out there win it with us? Sure, but the choices would be very limited in my mind.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I just wanted to imply that the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Yes, Trotz is a good coach but I doubt he would do a better job here, rather the opposite given his style of hockey. We have one of the best coaches in the league, could someone else out there win it with us? Sure, but the choices would be very limited in my mind.
Where did it say I wanted trotz ? I said I wanted coach Q

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Love your enthusiasm but Todd you're acting as if we're already out of the playoffs. Let's let the season pan out before we panic okay?

Reactions: Hoek

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Love your enthusiasm but Todd you're acting as if we're already out of the playoffs. Let's let the season pan out before we panic okay?

I'm not getting that at all. I am getting...THE TIME IS NOW. THIS IS IT. CUP OR BUST.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
NOW=2019

Stop with the deliberate obtuseness. Wow.

Rex.... this is getting to the point where we are doing our nice way of saying "End the hunger strike", "Climb down slowly", "Put the sharp object down" or whatever cliche suits you best and please stop with the deliberate venting. May God help the soul whoever granted me Mod superpowers because my response would be "We're all frustrated we haven't won a Cup yet. But we're 7-3-0 in our last 10 games. Let's revist this later when we have reason to" and the thread would be on lockdown

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
*takes screen shot of comments*

*gets into way back machine*

*goes back to spring 2016*

"Sunny you're not gonna believe the shit they're saying"

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
How many shots do we give this roster with this coach?

It's a "devil you know" thing. A lot of fanbases hate their coach. At least ours wins.

Amazingly, Cooper has made all the right decisions this year (e.g., keeping Joseph up after camp, D rotation, keeping Cernak up, Cally, splitting up 91/86). I agree though: he is coaching for his job. It truly is Stanley Cup or bust. If the result is the latter, there are no hard feelings. Cooper did a great job over the years. I still cannot believe he is the longest tenured in the NHL right now. Where the heck did time go? Yet someone else gets a shot if we don’t get over the hump. Coach Q perhaps.

Reactions: T REX

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Amazingly, Cooper has made all the right decisions this year (e.g., keeping Joseph up after camp, D rotation, keeping Cernak up, Cally, splitting up 91/86). I agree though: he is coaching for his job. It truly is Stanley Cup or bust. If the result is the latter, there are no hard feelings. Cooper did a great job over the years. I still cannot believe he is the longest tenured in the NHL right now. Where the heck did time go? Yet someone else gets a shot if we don’t get over the hump. Coach Q perhaps.

I don't think his seat even starts to warm up unless we're out in the 1st round.

Reactions: JDBolt

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
I don't think his seat even starts to warm up unless we're out in the 1st round.
That’s fair and surely the consensus opinion. I am the contrarian here, but I really believe there needs to be a new message in the room if we don’t at least make it to the SCF. And when there is a coach out there who has 3 rings and wants to get back in, it peaks my interest as to what he could do with the roster.

Last edited:

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
That’s fair and surely the consensus opinion. I am the contrarian here, but I really believe there needs to be a new message in the room if we don’t at least make it to the SCF. And when there is a coach out there who has 3 rings and wants to get back in, it peaks my interest as to what he could do with the roster.
Q all the way. You make the move if Coop fails again in the playoffs. Definition of insanity. Best roster in the NHL. Win it or it's time to take away the keys from grandpa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad