Coaching Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i think cooper is more of a lock then he was at start of year. I think no matter how it falls hes back next year period... for many many many more years.... Detroit did a change at one point....So in past following the game plan that detroit had implemented I thought we might lean to moving on if he didnt get the job done this year..... I feel he has totally done all that he can and its really on the players at this time to overcome everything and win some cups. He is a great coach. Maybe q might be better but I dont even think we are considering anything like that if we ever were. Its coop's job for the duration...

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
We aren't gonna figure out a damn thing until we get players who can play against DPE hockey. We saw us barely beat the Wings with Babcock. It's not because he and Trotz are these mega geniuses. We don't have players who can consistently and effectively screen goaltenders and defensemen who can consistently and effectively shoot through traffic. Of the hundred ways we score goals that is seldom one. And yet again if and when we face Trotz he's gonna take away all 99 other ways except that one. And we are going to BARELY manage it
garbage. You are basing this on our team not being in rythme you get that trotz and islanders are over rated they gave us 20 legit chances at end greiss had openings. They gave us 40 shots that isnt playing dpe good hockey to me. You give us 20 shots in prime middle ice area at net etc.. we are gonna own them in 7 games. We are not fully at high form right now is all. God I cant wait to play the islanders is like people were scared of all world price back when.... I was like bring him on we will toast his ass. I do not worry on a team beating us that has a huge problem scoring.... I really worry on a team fast enough and strong enough to play us at both ends of the ice and theres a handful I think will give us problems in 7 games. Toronto we still overmatch think we win the goaltending battle and d battle by a lot and pretty close on star players and offensive side of things so no cake walk but WE SHOULD WIN. for the isle's I dont think after they play a series they can compete with us past 5 games period not a chance in the world. So ya whatever.... Nashville and calgary are teams that have everything like we do and they will be problems but if we are healthy we check all boxes and then its on your stars which calgary is equal to stepping up and out playing them. Which we have time and space vs calgary more so then nashville and we simply are more efficient imho then calgary on limited chances more dangerous so we win that series. Nashville is the tightest they play a style we will struggle to score with and they equal us pretty much every way shutting down the middle and break aways etc.. we are a great team we simply need OUR stars to stand up and beat their stars and limit stupid stuff vs them....we have to be sounder imho on their d in pk and in shooting to net from long distance imho help vasy to see through the screens etc... I think vasy will step up one more level this year when it counts we will get this cup but you need some puck luck you need good goaltendings and you need a complete team healthy enough to win a cup is never easy will not be this year but the east? blah our league blah not really concerned its the finals we will have to be at top form. Again I take vasy over the other goalies even nashville at this point. Their d structure shooting is a concern but we should be well coached there. We are better top two lines and 3-4 are young and hungry and more skilled deep then anyone. I think we get the cup...I ACTUALLY THINK HOCKEY IS EVOLVING WHERE THIS GUY AT NET IS WAYYYY IN DINOSAUR AGE. We got point and gourde calgary has johnny hockey doing same thing in middle of ice this is where you are seeing the most damage now.... I think the old way is tired and pretty much on way out of hockey where have a holmstrom at the net or a simmonds. We ask do we want simmonds I dont see any need really maybe upgrade to palat but point has 34 goals playing in the new area think is better area for these young skilled quick forwards and centers in the new hockey then it is to have a guy doing what is called dirty goals. I dont see simmonds keeping up with point hell he isnt putting a killing on erne basically which is saying something. You also discount detroit like they were nothing etc... Our defense also is like top 5 in scoring so they damned sure are getting pucks through. Not sure why you say we aint getting stuff through is like all the hogwash ive listened to this month on we need to be tougher? This team is hitting a TON more then I ever remember honestly in yzerman era I dont have the stats to back that up at that time but we are playing tough as hell this year....

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Coop 2, Trotz 1 this season.

And yes Nashville and Washington both had ample evidence to say that Trotz wasn't the guy to get it done until he was.

THat first game was very early. We've scored ONE goal against them in the last two. Highest scoring team in the league. If you go back to last year...it looks like he has figured Cooper out. Just calling it like I see it.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
as far as washington we lost games 1 and 2 and played like ASS... then we won three kucherov 1 goal in 7 games point 2 stamkos 3 not that bad.... the difference was holtby being legit mature goalie and shutting us down in game six and seven but the real difference was game 1 and 2.... you cannot get behind like that and expect to come back or put selves in those situations. This TEAM this year has issues of slow starts. We need to clean that up for sure. We have found millions of ways to win tight wins outscoring wins etc... I feel this team is mature enough but it really imho rides on vasy...
3 shut outs in last 8 games !!!!!!!!!!!!!
8-0 after a loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
is he going to do that when it counts I said he would last year I am seeing nothing to believe he will not be this guy finally when it counts and steal some games for us finally and have the killer instinct.... I think we are different have learned enough... Is not dpe hockey it is going to boil down to how much vasy can do when we struggle etc...

so far after injury I give him now an A+ after the 8 and 0 record after losses and having this shut out streak lately... This will make the difference will be times that pucks wont go in....We were first last year but the other thing this year??? the biggest thing is two fold
point differential !!! but even more important
pk 3rd overall.... last year 76.1 this year 84 % HUGE

other things that have changed STAMKOS IS STAMKOS again he was not last year at the end he was but NOW hes ELITE ovie level player like he was in past thank GOD... miller and gourde I expect huge differences their shooting percentages are over 5 % lower then their history.... They are going to have huge second halfs imho... So sorry for the booklets my friends just trying to relate to why this team is going to actually finish the job

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
THat first game was very early. We've scored ONE goal against them in the last two. Highest scoring team in the league. If you go back to last year...it looks like he has figured Cooper out. Just calling it like I see it.
garbage garbage garbage is you cannot use your own mind and head and see the games for what they are no amount of clarity will come from speaking about this I think TODD is the only person who actually might believe deep down trotz has our number lmfao. 40 shots guy 40 not 20 dpe system would be low 20's.... isle's best line is fourth line name their players besides them if not a new yorker lmfao..... they are seriously overrated that style will get physically shut down in playoffs. You need a mixture and they are too deep on one end. Is like when toronto failed the playoffs the year we played montreal and lost.... Their shooting percentage was unreal high and then they crashed and burned out missing playoffs.... Not a surprise to those whom had watched at all. Expect isle to start facing reality and drop off..... I would love them in the playoffs pleaseeeeee .... they didnt do so much this last game over us just being off overall. If you watch the team you can feel the rythme of when we are on or off vs the isle we have one period that we hit a high gear and that aint even our highest gear..... They dont have the players to beat us if they did beat us it would be on our players giving it away which I have not seen us do in the yzerman era. I pray it doesnt happen. Detroit won the president cup 1 or 2 times and got swept a couple times by low rated teams. Yep can happen doesnt mean they had their number means they screwed up a bit and goalie beat them with zero puck luck....that is on your team. To me those were the worst years out of the 20 some years. A travesty and time to look in mirror this team does look in mirror. They have heard the stories they get it imho.. YET NOTHING trotz is doing to us to me at least is greatness or worrisome. Yep got some shut outs.... Deserved by washington maybe... deserved by isle? 1 goal last two games lmfao not a chance

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
garbage garbage garbage is you cannot use your own mind and head and see the games for what they are no amount of clarity will come from speaking about this I think TODD is the only person who actually might believe deep down trotz has our number lmfao. 40 shots guy 40 not 20 dpe system would be low 20's.... isle's best line is fourth line name their players besides them if not a new yorker lmfao..... they are seriously overrated that style will get physically shut down in playoffs. You need a mixture and they are too deep on one end. Is like when toronto failed the playoffs the year we played montreal and lost.... Their shooting percentage was unreal high and then they crashed and burned out missing playoffs.... Not a surprise to those whom had watched at all. Expect isle to start facing reality and drop off..... I would love them in the playoffs pleaseeeeee .... they didnt do so much this last game over us just being off overall. If you watch the team you can feel the rythme of when we are on or off vs the isle we have one period that we hit a high gear and that aint even our highest gear..... They dont have the players to beat us if they did beat us it would be on our players giving it away which I have not seen us do in the yzerman era. I pray it doesnt happen. Detroit won the president cup 1 or 2 times and got swept a couple times by low rated teams. Yep can happen doesnt mean they had their number means they screwed up a bit and goalie beat them with zero puck luck....that is on your team. To me those were the worst years out of the 20 some years. A travesty and time to look in mirror this team does look in mirror. They have heard the stories they get it imho.. YET NOTHING trotz is doing to us to me at least is greatness or worrisome. Yep got some shut outs.... Deserved by washington maybe... deserved by isle? 1 goal last two games lmfao not a chance

Sentences. Paragraphs. Unfortunately, the numbers don't back up what you are saying. The last 5 games vs Trotz coached teams we've scored 5 goals. FIVE. ANd the one game(4 goals) was early before his players were used to his system. 3 shut outs. You can type 5000 words. It doesn't change the facts. Sorry.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Sentences. Paragraphs. Unfortunately, the numbers don't back up what you are saying. The last 5 games vs Trotz coached teams we've scored 5 goals. FIVE. ANd the one game(4 goals) was early before his players were used to his system. 3 shut outs. You can type 5000 words. It doesn't change the facts. Sorry.
we have had our chances 5 games is too small of a friggin thing to say this is how it is... and as everyone KNOWS I HAVE health issue I apologize this season cause its upsetting. I do not get enough blood oxygen it affects my cognitive thinking. Everyone knows this maybe you have missed it. I know i run on I now i say too much in paragraphs but it actually helps me to do this. If is problem simply ignore I will not be offended. This is one area that will get worse not better in time its when tired having bad moments etc.. that its the worse.... Yet im fighting :) and having thoughts shared does help actually.

I really feel isle is wayyyy over head right now. I am not impressed at all by trotz zero. Great that he took a working man team from last to first in defense thats cool. Yet I watch them and they are not limiting things as I have seen other teams do it better. Sometimes stats you watch and dont make sense or too much sense. This doesnt with islanders why imho they will fall off this year....we also had our chances vs holtby... i think he is much better goalie 100% better goalie then greiss or other ... again over head... they give up too much in middle they gave us space that we dont get vs other teams based on those other teams maybe skate as fast as us or something? at least that is my take. I personally think we play islanders next week we pot 4 goals every time we play them

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
The Islanders are going to have issues creating offense. No gamebreakers. Barzal is their most talented forward, but he isn't so good that he can't be shut down.

Right now it is the dog days of the season, and the offense has dried up a bit. But is anyone actually scared of playing the Islanders of all teams? Come on - if we can't beat them in the playoffs, we don't deserve the Cup.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
we have had our chances 5 games is too small of a friggin thing to say this is how it is... and as everyone KNOWS I HAVE health issue I apologize this season cause its upsetting. I do not get enough blood oxygen it affects my cognitive thinking. Everyone knows this maybe you have missed it. I know i run on I now i say too much in paragraphs but it actually helps me to do this. If is problem simply ignore I will not be offended. This is one area that will get worse not better in time its when tired having bad moments etc.. that its the worse.... Yet im fighting :) and having thoughts shared does help actually.

I really feel isle is wayyyy over head right now. I am not impressed at all by trotz zero. Great that he took a working man team from last to first in defense thats cool. Yet I watch them and they are not limiting things as I have seen other teams do it better. Sometimes stats you watch and dont make sense or too much sense. This doesnt with islanders why imho they will fall off this year....we also had our chances vs holtby... i think he is much better goalie 100% better goalie then greiss or other ... again over head... they give up too much in middle they gave us space that we dont get vs other teams based on those other teams maybe skate as fast as us or something? at least that is my take. I personally think we play islanders next week we pot 4 goals every time we play them
I apologize then for being insensitive. I did not know. For me, watching how they play us they truly get us out if our game. You can not say that you believe it will go differently and it may very uh well do that. I'm just making an observation. Trotz owns cooper right now and I'm not sure how anyone could argue otherwise.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
It’s Stanley cup or bust for cooper otherwise bring in coach Q and let’s move forward not backwards

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
It’s Stanley cup or bust for cooper otherwise bring in coach Q and let’s move forward not backwards
The Red Wings should have fired Scotty Bowman after 1995.

The playoffs are hard. Winning the Cup requires a lot to go right. As long as he puts the team in the best position possible, his job should be safe.

Turnover for turnovers sake is stupid.

Reactions: JDBolt and Bolt 45

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Trotz is hands down the nhl coach of the year you understand they lost Tavares and were supposed to be a lottery team ?

Reactions: AlmostThere242

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl

The playoffs are hard. Winning the Cup requires a lot to go right. As long as he puts the team in the best position possible, his job should be safe.

No disagree if coach Q is sitting out there and is interested you go get him to replace cooper. So if cooper gets swept in round one you keep him ?

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
No disagree if coach Q is sitting out there and is interested you go get him to replace cooper. So if cooper gets swept in round one you keep him ?
That's a situation where he clearly didn't put us in the best position possible. But if we go out in a game 7 because a goalie is standing on his head - that shit happens. Hockey is a random sport played on a slick surface.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
That's a situation where he clearly didn't put us in the best position possible. But if we go out in a game 7 because a goalie is standing on his head - that **** happens. Hockey is a random sport played on a slick surface.
Then why does cooper still not have a contract here next season ?

Reactions: AlmostThere242

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Then why does cooper still not have a contract here next season ?
JBB has been on the record that negotiations are ongoing. Cooper may be betting on himself and wants a big payday post-Cup, or maybe just because negotiations can be complicated.

Stop being an idiot.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Can we stop pretend Trotz is some genius? It took him 1500+ games to win the Cup, despite having some really strong teams. It took Quenneville 1000+ games to win his first cup, also despite coaching some strong teams (Cooper has 400+ games on his record)

Dan Bylsma won a cup after 49 games.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Can we stop pretend Trotz is some genius? It took him 1500+ games to win the Cup, despite having some really strong teams. It took Quenneville 1000+ games to win his first cup, also despite coaching some strong teams (Cooper has 400+ games on his record)

No one said trotz is great and a genius! They just said trotz has coopers number

T REX

Feb 28, 2013

I never said Trotz was Scotty Bowman. He just has Cooper's number. I never said he was a genius though he seems to be a great coach. And a lot of people think we are the most talented team in the league. Are you going to sit here with a straight face and say that no one else could do what Cooper has done?

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I never said Trotz was Scotty Bowman. He just has Cooper's number. I never said he was a genius though he seems to be a great coach. And a lot of people think we are the most talented team in the league. Are you going to sit here with a straight face and say that no one else could do what Cooper has done?
The Islanders are going to have issues creating offense. No gamebreakers. Barzal is their most talented forward, but he isn't so good that he can't be shut down.

Right now it is the dog days of the season, and the offense has dried up a bit. But is anyone actually scared of playing the Islanders of all teams? Come on - if we can't beat them in the playoffs, we don't deserve the Cup.

That's a situation where he clearly didn't put us in the best position possible. But if we go out in a game 7 because a goalie is standing on his head - that **** happens. Hockey is a random sport played on a slick surface.
JBB has been on the record that negotiations are ongoing. Cooper may be betting on himself and wants a big payday post-Cup, or maybe just because negotiations can be complicated.

Stop being an idiot.

didnt like anyones messages but liked them all.... todd gonna skip he is almost troll level sometimes on subjects lol.. trex no harm or insentivity or whatever :) none taken.... think cooper has done a great job actually is times he has frustrated me but that is players related marshmellow no real shot and pots 30 that is a miss by a coach for SURE.... dont like losing all of our first rounders that is on cooper as much as yzerman for trading them all imho..... he needs to be able to work better with some of them imho..... as far as getting us ready for games? etc.. there is the issue of our first period starts etc..... that needs to be handled and I have no answers except id be a nutcase on this team lol... macho first quote 100% the wings got scotty in 95 moving on from demurs.... not sure is that one of the seasons they got swept out? know was a couple but thought those were later years....
again agree on jbb take and im thinking cooper is a lock no matter what getting a big nice new multi year deal...
maelmoor this is what is driving me nutz if the guy was THE GUY he woulda won before like 30 years of losing lmfao or coming short so thats it kinda short here :)

will add does the stevie situation have anything to do with no new deal for cooper right now? not sure not getting a lot of news myself

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Mike Johnston managed to his ass kicked all year long with the same Penguins team that beat us in the ECF and won the Cup.

Take Cooper's success for what it's worth and be happy we are currently performing at the level expected of our talent

Reactions: Hoek

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
didnt like anyones messages but liked them all.... todd gonna skip he is almost troll level sometimes on subjects lol.. trex no harm or insentivity or whatever :) none taken.... think cooper has done a great job actually is times he has frustrated me but that is players related marshmellow no real shot and pots 30 that is a miss by a coach for SURE.... dont like losing all of our first rounders that is on cooper as much as yzerman for trading them all imho..... he needs to be able to work better with some of them imho..... as far as getting us ready for games? etc.. there is the issue of our first period starts etc..... that needs to be handled and I have no answers except id be a nutcase on this team lol... macho first quote 100% the wings got scotty in 95 moving on from demurs.... not sure is that one of the seasons they got swept out? know was a couple but thought those were later years....
again agree on jbb take and im thinking cooper is a lock no matter what getting a big nice new multi year deal...
maelmoor this is what is driving me nutz if the guy was THE GUY he woulda won before like 30 years of losing lmfao or coming short so thats it kinda short here :)

will add does the stevie situation have anything to do with no new deal for cooper right now? not sure not getting a lot of news myself
Bowman came in the 94 season. First season they get upset by the Sharks. Then they get swept by the Devils in the Finals the next year. Then they lose to the Avs in 96.

Then they win two in a row.

Now, admittedly Bowman had 6 Cups to his name already, so it isn't a perfect example, but the point is even a great team like the Red Wings, who became known as a quasi-dynasty, had trouble getting there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->