NBA Coaching Carousel 2018

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Apparently they're looking hard at Mike Budenholzer to replace him.

This is going to end very poorly for the Raptors.

There is some serious regression incoming, hopefully the young ones are able to grow and this becomes a contender again in a few years.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
If i'm the Bucks i'm calling Casey right away. The guy has his flaws but i think he would be a great fit for that team.

Although at this point, a warm body is probably a better coach than what the Bucks have trotted out.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
not sure if i agree with the raps firing casey

but i agree that the bucks should be all over that immediately

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I would've said this is crazy two weeks ago but something had to give after LeBron embarrassed them. Casey probably wouldn't have been my top change but maybe Masai felt it had to be done before they start looking at ways to improve the roster. They might not be able to move and/or get fair value for Lowry/DeRozan and Casey was an easy place to start.

Reactions: irunthepeg

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
I would've said this is crazy two weeks ago but something had to give after LeBron embarrassed them. Casey probably wouldn't have been my top change but maybe Masai felt it had to be done before they start looking at ways to improve the roster. They might not be able to move and/or get fair value for Lowry/DeRozan and Casey was an easy place to start.

Makes sense to give Casey time to find another job too and a full selection. He will be a HC somewhere next season.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I mean, if it was me running the Raps you might as well blow it the **** up completely. Sure, you might not get full value player wise for DeRozan/Lowry but try to move them along with Ibaka and Valenciunas, recoup as many 1st round picks as humanly possible and just flat out tank for the next 2-3 years until LeBron (hopefully) slows down, because you aren't beating him with DeRozan/Lowry. Ever.

It wouldn't be the popular thing to do, but the Raptors are stuck in purgatory right now. Arguably like the Leafs from 2000-2004, a really good regular season team that just couldn't get over the hump in the playoffs and then held on for far too long afterwards and became a poor team. I hope the Raps don't end up going down that road.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
The team has been the most successfull it has ever been since he got here
in the regular season it has, but it hasn't been there in the playoffs. 4 years and only 5 series wins is not enough, especially considering the fact that they were swept in back to back years by lebron

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
in the regular season it has, but it hasn't been there in the playoffs. 4 years and only 5 series wins is not enough, especially considering the fact that they were swept in back to back years by lebron
That's on the players. He just coached them to 59 wins

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015

I agree that we should be doing better in the playoffs, but the only years i have felt truly let down were this one and the sweep we were given by the Wiz. Other than that we have done as expected with what we have. Even this year I'm not that annoyed, we lost to arguably the best player to ever play the game.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
the 59 wins is on the players as well
The Raptors had more wins than the Golden State Warriors this season.

Nobody can look at that roster and tell me the Raptors should have won more games than the Warriors. Casey is a great coach. Granted, he had a bad series against the Cavs by not realizing they needed to play small and fast against an old Cavs team, but his roster isn't all that good. Especially when his supposed two best players shrink in the playoffs year after year.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
The Raptors had more wins than the Golden State Warriors this season.

Nobody can look at that roster and tell me the Raptors should have won more games than the Warriors. Casey is a great coach. Granted, he had a bad series against the Cavs by not realizing they needed to play small and fast against an old Cavs team, but his roster isn't all that good. Especially when his supposed two best players shrink in the playoffs year after year.
durant and curry missed a significant amount of time this season. the warriors would have had a better record than us if they were healthy for 70 games each. another thing, this was the raptors best team in franchise history, going up against team that virtually re-tooled at the trade deadline.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Of course but the teams best players choke. Did anyone think they would finished 1st in the East and nearly 60 wins? Then they all fold when it matters. But you can't fire players.
they finishes 1st in the east because kyrie and the celtics were all hurt at various points in the season and the cavs were weaker than before.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Casey had a good run with the team but his time with the team was overdue for an end. I say he shouldn't be out of work for long though.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
Next domino needs to be a piece of the three: Derozan, Lowry, Ibaka.

Preferably Dero or Serge for me. Lowry gave an effort against Cleveland and kept them in some games but the other two just were not there.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton

Preferably Dero or Serge for me. Lowry gave an effort against Cleveland and kept them in some games but the other two just were not there.
DD did well in round 1 but yeah was pretty bad against Cavs. Most consistent playoff guy was Lowry. I think Ibaka needs to go

Last edited:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

DD did well in round 1 but yeah was pretty bad against Cavs. Most consistent playoff guy was Lowry. I think Ibaka needs to go

I won't go as far as saying Ibaka is untradeable because you can get these deals done by attaching picks, young players, or taking back equally bad contracts but it's going to be very tough. He's no longer an impact player on defense and he has never really fully developed his offensive game. I know Ibaka and many others got upset when it was brought up in the media last offseason but the questions about his age are still out there as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad