TSN: Coaches Survey: Price voted best Eastern conference goalie

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I never said he wasn't a #1D and a franchise player for the rangers. I just don't see him being the 'best'. Maybe a case can be made this year if you want but generally speaking people tend to say Mcdonagh>>Subban/Karlsson, etc... I don't see it in general.

I'd put Subban slightly ahead of McD because while McD may be better defensively, Subban can better control the game. Although I can understand how someone may prefer McD.

People tend to put Subban and Karlsson in the same boat though and that couldn't be further from the truth. Karlsson is an OFD and doesn't have much of a defensive game if at all.

The "best" is all subjective, but I don't believe claiming McD to be one of the best if not the best as overrating him. He really is that good.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Considering the vote is based on what they have seen this season only, it makes sense to have Nash ahead of Crosby. Sid has been very average by his standards, although he picked it up a bit as of late.

But by that logic, there's just no way McD should be even in the picture at this point.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
lol so many sarcastic comments in this thread... but let's be honest, you can't really judge off this since it's only for this year.... Rick Nash won best player.

He's having an unreal year... but definitely not the best player in the East

The Nash vote is a joke.....putting him ahead of Crosby, Malkin, Tavares, Stamkos etc. is laughable. Also, Letang ahead of Subban is downright ludicrous. It is no wonder that most coaches who retire into a media personality position are complete buffoons.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Therrien voted for Gallant who voted for Therrien.

Wouldn't the same theory apply for MT and AV?

This thread is hilarious. Apparently, the coaches got the goaltending right but otherwise they are absolute morons? Is that the prevailing thought?

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
It's weird in that by all accounts McDonagh has had a rough season this year, though. But people picked Nash over... Crosby? :dunno:

I don't think the coaches took this exercise very seriously to start with. They just gave an answer on the spot without thinking too much about it.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
well McD was pretty average against us tonight, still makes me sad that we.. *sigh*

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
well McD was pretty average against us tonight, still makes me sad that we.. *sigh*

Of course but here we are saying "****, he's even their captain!!"

When NYR fans are saying "****, why is he our captain??"

Grass is greener. Guy is a top pairing D and borderline elite but not elite.

Doughty, Pietrangelo, Subban, Karlsson, etc... are all better and that's in his age group alone.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Of course but here we are saying "****, he's even their captain!!"

When NYR fans are saying "****, why is he our captain??"

Grass is greener. Guy is a top pairing D and borderline elite but not elite.

Doughty, Pietrangelo, Subban, Karlsson, etc... are all better and that's in his age group alone.

Pietrangelo is overrated.......soft as butter with a weak shot.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Pietrangelo is overrated.......soft as butter with a weak shot.

He's having a sub par year, so is McD. Really, this happens with young d-men.

The only thing that irritates me is if subban is going through a tough spell, then the analysts like pang start talking about how he should be like AP.

Now the tables have turned, and not a peep to be heard.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
NYR fans are going as far as saying McDonagh captaincy was premature. Yah, I don't get it, why was he voted best?

reputation. He has the Ryan Suter reputation of a minute eating defensemen and the media loves those guys. Meanwhile Subban is having a much better year and gets disrespected by his own media and fanbase so what the guys in Toronto read and hear from that they'll just copy paste it since they won't be bothered to actually watch the games. P.K. taking a lot of penalties doesn't help though

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
How can you give any credibility to this Survey when Nash comes out as the best player in the east?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad