Coach says Price ready for NHL :)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Very interesting press clip about carey price... I wonder how it will be dealt with by the habs... Abby is out for sure, halak to hamilton and price on back up? or vice versa?
check it out

http://www.habsinsideout.com/2007/03/prospect_watch_coach_says_pric/#more

I heard an interview with the Habs goalie coach while in Hamilton and he was saying that the plan was for Price to go to Hamilton next year, although this was a few months back and he has been considered the best goalie at the last two camps so the Habs will have a tough choice on their hands since they have Halak and Price both doing well this year.

Generally I think it's better for a goalie to get as many starts as he can vs jumping right into the nhl from the chl to being a backup, although so far in his 2 seasons, Huet hasn't played more then 40 games a year, so the backup could get a decent amount of starts.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
I see that he has a 68,1 winning %. How good is Tri-Cities this year? It looks exeptional on paper, but I've never seen the americans in action...

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
here is hoping Montreal listens to that coach and puts him in for the final 8 games this season.

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
Hamilton is the way to go. Bring him along slow even if he is ready, let him learn even more the way Miller did and get the feel of dominating. Besides Hamilton will be extremely competetive next season.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Hamilton is the way to go. Bring him along slow even if he is ready, let him learn even more the way Miller did and get the feel of dominating. Besides Hamilton will be extremely competetive next season.

Exactly. There's a difference between being "ready" physically and being prepared mentally.

Rise from the Ashes

Price defies corsi
Sep 13, 2005
Pointe-Claire, QC
Exactly. There's a difference between being "ready" physically and being prepared mentally.

Yeah i just think that if a goalie comes to a league and dominates and has a winning environment over and over it sticks.

Yeah, but what about Kostitsyn? Anyone have any updates on him?

Sarcasm? or Sergei Kostitsyn? Cause if it is about Sergei he will end up on Hamilton if London gets eliminated.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
With Huet having 1 more year on his deal, and with Halak showing us that he's pretty capable of playing in the NHL, I think the Habs will be extremely hardpressed not to give Price the starting spot in Hamilton. Even if he does outplay everybody in camp. There's a pretty clear window potentially opening after that, with Huet becoming an unrestricted free agent. Playing 60 games in Hamilton sure can't hurt Price, regardless of what level he's ready for.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
here is hoping Montreal listens to that coach and puts him in for the final 8 games this season.
Are you kidding he's only 19 and with no NHL experience! We'll stick with our 21 year old with 9 games of experience thank you ;)

Namso

Aug 25, 2005
yeah right now halak is a lot more ready for the nhl than price, and we still have an all-star goalie in huet so i doubt price makes the nhl unless of injury.

NHL
Huet
Halak

AHL
Price
Desjardins (or possibly Heino if he comes over)

Squeaky

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Had consistency issues and Halak stole the show.

More to the point, he's a UFA at the end of the year. Doesn't look like he and the habs are a good fit anymore either, with the habs current depth in goal. He'll probably get picked up by some other team lacking in goaltenders.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I don't know about three years, but let him build his confidence at the next level first, and when he's ready bring him up.

I agree. And in that development time in Hamilton there might be injuries in Montreal allowing Price to come up and maybe get a couple of games, plus a couple of games in preseason to get a feel for the harder shots and faster paced games. With Huet and Halak there is no need to rush the kid.

Look for Hamilton to have a great year next year, with Grabovsky, D'Agostini, Chipchura, among others, having played full years and then getting a very good goalie in Price and a great young player in Sergei Kostitsyn, and decent players like Juraj Mikus, Mathieu Aubin, J.T. Wyman and maybe even Alexei Emelin.

I wish Hamilton was closer so I could get season tickets.

Mackee

Oct 9, 2003
Montreal
More to the point, he's a UFA at the end of the year. Doesn't look like he and the habs are a good fit anymore either, with the habs current depth in goal. He'll probably get picked up by some other team lacking in goaltenders.

I wonder if BG thought of trading him at the deadline? Kind of a "throw-in" if you will. Ah well...I don't see the Habs re-signing him with Price ready for duty with the Dogs next year. Too bad cause I really like him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad