Coach John Hynes Discussion

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
No words for Boyle shooting 4th in the shootout. :laugh:

Overall though, I think Hynes is doing a good enough job with the team, even when I complain about him.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Boyle is way over used.

And choosing him so early in the SO was puzzling.
I'm officially on the ''The assistants suck'' train that DevsRR talked about. At least as far as Nas and Ward go. I don't really know much about what Clowe does, but I know Dumb and Dumber have been coaching the PK and PP.

Ward is Harry and Nasreddine is Lloyd. Maybe Ward accidentally threw his clipboard over his shoulder and it hit Seabass tonight.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
I'm officially on the ''The assistants suck'' train that DevsRR talked about. At least as far as Nas and Ward go. I don't really know much about what Clowe does, but I know Dumb and Dumber have been coaching the PK and PP.

Ward is Harry and Nasreddine is Lloyd. Maybe Ward accidentally threw his clipboard over his shoulder and it hit Seabass tonight.

They both need to go. Some of my really good friends are Bruins fans. And they said that they can see Ward's mark on the PP and why when it struggles, it really really struggles, which is what happened for the Bruins PP under him.

This coaching staff is too quick to juggle the 5 on 5 lines, but way to slow to fix the special teams.

And Nasreddine's defensive strategy is just, idk what it is. It seems aimless.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
I don't understand the Boyle hate. He wins face offs on a team that really sucks at that. That alone justifies his place on the team. He made one mistake screening Cory, so what. We're all human and its a fast game. He's not like Hayes who was just taking up space.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
I don't understand the Boyle hate. He wins face offs on a team that really sucks at that. That alone justifies his place on the team. He made one mistake screening Cory, so what. We're all human and its a fast game. He's not like Hayes who was just taking up space.

The ire over him being on the PP is understandable. Ideally, I would want to see this instead, but I don't think it makes much of a difference if we're being honest.

Henrique; Bratt - Zajac - Hall; Butcher
Wood; Zacha - Stafford - Hischier; Severson.

Boyle's slowly been coming along. For a few games there he was struggling and not meshing well with his linemates, but he looks good alongside Zacha and Wood.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
To be honest, I don't really care who he puts where in the shootout. It's a literal crapshoot and like half this team is new or rookies. May as well see if something goofy works.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
He has pushed all of the wrong buttons since Friday.

Hopefully he himself gets back on track since its a tough road trip this week.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
He has pushed all of the wrong buttons since Friday.

Hopefully he himself gets back on track since its a tough road trip this week.

LOL... that's according to you and I don't want to be a dick, but I'll trust a NHL coach over some guy on a message board (who complains about everything and anything).

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
He sucks. That is all I have.

Coming from you, it's probably a compliment.

He sucks so much that we're behind the Caps by one point in the Metro with two games in hand.

I guess certain posters are never going to be satisfied until we go 82-0 and 16-0 in the postseason.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
LOL... that's according to you and I don't want to be a dick, but I'll trust a NHL coach over some guy on a message board (who complains about everything and anything).

They blow a 3-1 lead at home to a lowly Buff squad
He sends a RW who blows on face-offs to take two of them in OT.
He loses both.

He should have split the goaltending duties in a back to back.

Team comes out flatter than a pancake in an important battle for 1st place and gets beat. He doesn't argue with the officials or notices that Wash had 7 players on the ice on a goal allowed.

He sits arguably our best defenseman and starts a struggling backup goalie on the road vs a top team who we never beat.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
He loses both.

Team comes out flatter than a pancake in an important battle for 1st place and gets beat. He doesn't argue with the officials or notices that Wash had 7 players on the ice on a goal allowed.

He sits arguably our best defenseman and starts a struggling backup goalie on the road vs a top team who we never beat.
I was at the game....he argued, and several Devs players talked to the ref for a while as well.

I went from yelling about what I consider a blatant pick not being called to then realizing 6 players....I lost it myself.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Coming from you, it's probably a compliment.

He sucks so much that we're behind the Caps by one point in the Metro with two games in hand.

I guess certain posters are never going to be satisfied until we go 82-0 and 16-0 in the postseason.
I never have judged a coach by wins and loses. That's a bad measure.

Hynes is one of the worst coached in our history. Sutter, Herb Brooks, and Constantine are some of the others post 1988.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
I have said this before and I don't really care about Hynes one way or the other, but OVERALL if you are saying he has been bad this year, you are out to lunch. This team is atop the toughest division in hockey nearly halfway through the season. And thats with having a ton of man games being lost due to injury and with a TON of young guys playing key roles.

every coach makes bad decisions here or there, but lets relax with the "hes a terrible coach" nonsense.

Reactions: Taylor Hall

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
He loses both.

And your point is?

Is he perfect, absolutely not but are we 1 measly point behind the division leaders with 2 games in hand when we were sitting dead last not even 12 months ago. What the f*** more do you want him to do?

FYI, there's ups and downs in a 82 game schedule. Did he turn into god mode when we came back from 3 down against the Hawks or you brushed that off cause you couldn't throw him under the bus?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
And your point is?

Is he perfect, absolutely not but are we 1 measly point behind the division leaders with 2 games in hand when we were sitting dead last not even 12 months ago. What the **** more do you want him to do?

FYI, there's ups and downs in a 82 game schedule. Did he turn into god mode when we came back from 3 down against the Hawks or you brushed that off cause you couldn't throw him under the bus?

Do you feel confident going into STL tonight with a goalie who hasnt played since getting shelled on December 9?

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Do you feel confident going into STL tonight with a goalie who hasnt played since getting shelled on December 9?

I'll be brutally honest with you, I don't really care what happens tonight... I'm more interested in the big picture instead of freaking out on every single move, on a daily basis, made by the coach or the Gm.

Everyone thought we were going to get our teeth caved in against the Hawks and we managed to come from behind and steal 2 pts from Chicago.

We'll win games we were supposed to lose and vice versa.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The criticism of Boyle in the shootout earlier on this page didn’t age too well.

If you’re going to criticize him at least be fair and keep it to hockey decisions. Criticizing him for ‘not arguing’ the too many men play is agenda driven junk and undermines the credibility of the other arguments. Especially since he DID criticize the play, and it obviously didn’t change anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->