CNN: Empire star (Smollett) allegedly paid attackers to assault(?) him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The big question is WHY do this?

Reportedly, his time on Empire is coming to an end, so he'll be out of work shortly, and making himself appear to be the victim of a double hate crime is a good way to get himself attention and sympathy. He likely would've gotten all kinds of job offers from casting directors eager to help him out while also signaling their own intolerance for bigotry.

Last edited:

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Reportedly, his time on Empire is coming to an end, so he'll be out of work shortly, and making himself appear to be the victim of a double hate crime is a good way to get himself attention and sympathy. He likely would've gotten all kinds of job offers from casting directors eager to help him out and/or signal their own intolerance for bigotry.

I read about him being the one to be killed off yesterday. Since I watch the show I knew one of the 3 brothers were going to be killed. I was expecting the oldest brother to be killed off because the show is making it seem that way. That is probably 100% spot on, plus his new album is coming out soon.
At first, I thought it was a hook up or drug deal gone wrong, until I read he was going to be the one who would killed off. I also thought this could have been fabricated by the entire show since apparently, the ratings are down this year.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Reportedly, his time on Empire is coming to an end, so he'll be out of work shortly, and making himself appear to be the victim of a double hate crime is a good way to get himself attention and sympathy. He likely would've gotten all kinds of job offers from casting directors eager to help him out and/or signal their own intolerance for bigotry.

I read that theory too, and if it's actually true, it's one of the most messed up things I think I've ever seen. How would someone even come up with that idea in their head?

"I'll hire my friends to fake a hate crime" is messed up.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

the same reason that sex tape of Kim Kardashian that was totally "stolen" and no way she really wanted it out there became one of the easiest videos to find on the internet.

doesnt matter the type of attention you get, just that you get attention

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
My worry (too strong a word because I really don't care) is that this idiot will turn this to his advantage and get exactly what he wanted.

Also, to all the other fools who didn't read between the lines and believed this silliness (I don't mean people here - I mean dummies on The View or CNN or [fill in the blank]), next time I hope you think twice and comment once - although, I know you won't.

Last edited:
Reactions: Juve

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
This guy had the nerve to double down on his lies and go on Good Morning America and say that he 'respects victims of hate crimes too much' to lie about this. He deserves everything coming to him. He just committed career suicide. Wonder if local CPD and even the Feds (remember those letters containing a 'white powder' he received) will look to bring charges against him.

The story was ridiculous from the start. You're telling me a couple racist white guys recognized a C List, gay, black actor on a predominantly black show? And roaming Downtown Chicago of all places, and the whole "This is MAGA Country.."

Reactions: Juve

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
This guy had the nerve to double down on his lies and go on Good Morning America and say that he 'respects victims of hate crimes too much' to lie about this. He deserves everything coming to him. He just committed career suicide. Wonder if local CPD and even the Feds (remember those letters containing a 'white powder' he received) will look to bring charges against him.

The story was ridiculous from the start. You're telling me a couple racist white guys recognized a C List, gay, black actor on a predominantly black show? And roaming Downtown Chicago of all places, and the whole "This is MAGA Country.."

and happened to be walking at 3am, in 10* weather, carrying bleach and a noose

Juve

May 13, 2011
JUSSIE SMOLLETTREHEARSED 'ATTACK' WITH 2 BROTHERS... Law Enforcement Says

Jussie Smollett rehearsed the "attack" against him days before the incident and it was all staged for the camera, this according to what the 2 brothers told cops.
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ, Abel and Ola Osundairo told cops they got in a car with Jussie and scouted a location, settling on the one right outside the actor's apartment. The brothers said Jussie chose the spot because he believed a camera would have captured the action.
Our sources say the brothers told police Jussie said he wanted to make it a "physical thing," but not to the point he'd be seriously injured.
On the night Jussie says
he was attacked, the brothers claim they showed up at the scene but were extremely nervous because, just as they played out the scene, a car drove by and they were worried they'd be ID'd.
Our sources say the brothers performed per the rehearsal -- they screamed out they recognized Jussie from "Empire" and then hurled the racist n-word and the homophobic f-word.
The brothers told cops they "made contact with Jussie's face" but it was "weak." They said they didn't know how he suffered the bruises but the staged fight was not designed to injure him.

Check out this video of Abel ... if he wanted, he could do a lot of damage.
TMZ broke the story ... when cops arrived, Jussie
took them down to the area he said the "attack" went down and pointed to the camera, saying it was good the incident was captured on video. What he didn't know was that the camera was pointed in the wrong direction and didn't capture the incident.

JUSSIE SMOLLETTGRAND JURY MAY BE POSTPONED... 2 Brothers to Testify

The Grand Jury was notified it would hear the Jussie Smollett case Tuesday, but there is now a 50/50 chance it could be delayed for several days ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.
We broke the story, the Grand Jury will hear testimony, specifically targeting the actor, for allegedly filing a false police report.
Our sources say the 2 brothers who claim they carried out the staged attack at Jussie's behest -- will appear voluntarily. They have not been subpoenaed.
We're also told the 2 brothers -- Abel and Ola Osundairo -- have not received immunity from prosecution, although we're told they did not file a false police report or give false information to the cops. Law enforcement says Jussie is the one who lied. Our sources say there may be a delay in the testimony, because cops want to make sure they have all the records necessary for Grand Jurors to reach a conclusion on whether to indict Smollett.
Lying on a police report can be a felony.

tmz.com

Completely pathetic.

Last edited:

Juve

May 13, 2011
My worry (too strong a word because I really don't care) is that this idiot will turn this to his advantage and get exactly what he wanted.

Also, to all the other fools who didn't read between the lines and believed this silliness (I don't mean people here - I mean dummies on The View or CNN or [fill in the blank]), next time I hope you think twice and comment once - although, I know you won't.

I know exactly what you mean.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
I was thinking the same thing. He didn't think the police would actually do an investigation? Considering he's a "celebrity" he should have thought they would have put more effort into this case.

Why? Because this will likely not hurt his image as much as it should. If he actually did pull this off successfully and police were never able to catch anyone, and the case kinda just closes as inconclusive he still gains fame. You should see all the famous A listers that came to his defense and spoke about his situation.
Now that it is revealed he fake this, he will just spin it and enter “therapy” for 1 year and come out clean as if nothing happened. I wonder what the situation would be like if a c list white male actor faked this attack but with 2 Hispanic illegal immigrants instead?

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I hope he gets the book thrown at him. I thought it was odd a bit after when he was so defensive the when anyone questioned the validity of the attack. Always a red flag.

Then we had people on the news stating hate attacks are common in that area - I really don't buy it. We have enough negative press in Chicago without somebody orchestrating a PR stunt.

Reactions: ORRFForever

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
He's going to be in deep/deeper doo-doo if he was also involved in mailing the MAGA letter.

Meanwhile, the FBI and the U.S. Postal Inspection Service has been quietly working on the origins of Smollett’s letter for nearly a month. Giving it far more “attention” than he knew.
Federal charges against whoever mailed the letter were, they said, “certain." Whoever sent the letter, we were told, "made an enormous mistake."

CWB Chicago: Smollett threat letter called "enormous mistake"; Purported attack location identified; Federal charges "certain"

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
He's going to be in deep/deeper doo-doo if he was also involved in mailing the MAGA letter.

Meanwhile, the FBI and the U.S. Postal Inspection Service has been quietly working on the origins of Smollett’s letter for nearly a month. Giving it far more “attention” than he knew.
Federal charges against whoever mailed the letter were, they said, “certain." Whoever sent the letter, we were told, "made an enormous mistake."

CWB Chicago: Smollett threat letter called "enormous mistake"; Purported attack location identified; Federal charges "certain"

There's no doubt that he was involved. The letter was mailed only 11 miles away from where he works, it was written in a childlike scrawl (probably with his non-dominant hand to hide his handwriting), he knew to get someone (i.e. a witness) to help him open it, he knew to have them both put on gloves before he could've known that there was white powder inside, and the letter mentions MAGA, slurs and a noose, all of which were a part of the incident that he orchestrated a week later. It's obvious that he wrote and mailed it, himself, to corroborate his scheme. What remains to be seen is if those "certain" Federal charges will remain so once the suspect is the "victim."

Last edited:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Why? Because this will likely not hurt his image as much as it should. If he actually did pull this off successfully and police were never able to catch anyone, and the case kinda just closes as inconclusive he still gains fame. You should see all the famous A listers that came to his defense and spoke about his situation.
Now that it is revealed he fake this, he will just spin it and enter “therapy” for 1 year and come out clean as if nothing happened. I wonder what the situation would be like if a c list white male actor faked this attack but with 2 Hispanic illegal immigrants instead?

this.

he'll have a press conference where he cries and apologizes blaming it on mental/substance abuse issues and that he's entering treatment for them. This will be spun completely sympathetically by the media.

Then about a year later he'll cash in big time on his "comeback". Probably start with some interviews (Barbara Walters style), then swing that into a reality show about his comeback and finally will end up getting bigger roles than he has had to date.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
If true, he's a piece of shit and should have his ass thrown in jail.

Sep 19, 2008
Kind of interesting how many people jumped to his defense when this happened and then it was all realized to be frock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad