CMJHL stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lowetide

Feb 27, 2002
Since this is the most learned bunch I've yet encountered, thought I'd ask this question. Not trivia, but need some help.

Before the Western Canada Junior League was called that, it was the Canadian Major Junior Hockey League, or CMJHL. I'm looking for stats from that league (66-67) and the first years of the WCJHL.

They are NOT available at hockeydb, and that's the only source I know of on the i-net (aside from hockey draft central which is also a tremendous site).

Anyway, does anyone know where I could find this?

Thanks.

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
What exactly do you need? Last year's WHL guide has the standings and scoring leaders, but that's it. If you want full stats, I'd suspect the best way to get them would be hunting through newspaper microfilm...and even then, that's not a sure bet. Old programs might work, too, but surviving ones are probably really rare, and I suppose the league might still have them tucked away someplace.

Lowetide

Feb 27, 2002
Lard_Lad said:
What exactly do you need? Last year's WHL guide has the standings and scoring leaders, but that's it. If you want full stats, I'd suspect the best way to get them would be hunting through newspaper microfilm...and even then, that's not a sure bet. Old programs might work, too, but surviving ones are probably really rare, and I suppose the league might still have them tucked away someplace.

Yes, it's hit and miss. I want the complete stats, to fill in holes like Gerry Pinder's brother Herb (I know I know, who cares) and such.

I've been in contact with the Alberta Sports Museum in Red Deer and they may help too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad