Confirmed with Link: CMac reups for 2 yrs $1.6M Total (800k/800k)

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Hopefully we signed Post-October Cmac. I dunno, he makes me very uneasy and given Bob's record of injuries, i'm not sure spending up a bit to get a better back up wouldn't have been a bad use of money. If there was a backup to be had who is worth the money though, I don't know honestly.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Not only the D but the injuries of the entire team put SOOOOO much pressure on both goalies and the defense. The team relies on the offense to play a strong two way to help defensively, as most of our Dmen are more of the offensive defenseman types. I think we'll see a big rebound in both the defense and goaltending if we stay healthy this year.

Last edited:

KeithBWhittington

Going North
Jun 14, 2003
Brick by Brick
Visit site
meh....

I'm guessing the backup market, while intriguing and younger, was too rich for blood. You had guys that still had starter aspirations and teams that were probably trying to get a starters return for them.

It's a safe move from the standpoint of continuity in the lockeroom and someone Bob is comfortable working with, if unspectacular. As has been said, Bob needs to stay relatively healthy.

I understand why they did this now though, one of the top tenders available will likely be traded at the draft, happens almost every year it seems. That could touch off the "buy" period on goaltenders and if the CBJ sat deciding too long, they may have lost out on a CMac wanting to have a chair before the music stops.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
I felt that CMac was very good when he was used in relief, but never could consistently be good when played for long stretches.

Of course, if the CBJ can continue to score 4 goals a game as they did at the end of last season, it may not matter.

Also, if Forsberg continues to progress, CMac may not be needed much longer. However, 2 years could be about right for that scenario.

5thLiner

Didn't draft a Finn
Oct 14, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
2_5Men_AlanHarper_Img2.jpg

Good for him. He was all but written off as an NHL'er when we acquired him... But Bob, you better stay healthy.

Glad I'm not the only one who sees the comparison.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Keep in mind the defensive corps he had in front of him for that stretch. Happy with the signing.

Of course, but the rebounds he gives up gives me nightmares. At some point we are gonna need him to steal us a game, and that makes me uneasy. During that stretch where we lost 10(?) straight, there was a couple of oppourtunities that he let slip away. I just hope Bob misses less time and Cmac doesn't need to be a big part of our teams conversation next year.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I like the deal.

He also looks like he has never sworn in his life and he still brings a TMNT lunchbox to practice complete with a Snack Pack

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Keep in mind the defensive corps he had in front of him for that stretch. Happy with the signing.

Agreed. I haven't always felt this way about him, but CMac picked up his game enough last season to make me feel comfortable with him as a backup IF the blueline is improved.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Lack went for a 3rd and a 7th is say it's a safe bet the glass for on goalie prices collapsed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad