Clutterbuck Very Disappointing in Debut, But Getting Better???

It Was 4 to 1*

Mar 22, 2009
not for nothing, but who gives a **** if nino had 0 value. he also had 0 reason to be traded. under control for, what, 5 more years? dont say 'he had zero value' without at least acknowledging he didnt need to be traded in the least bit.

are you serious? he was awful after he didn't get called up for training camp last year, pouted and demanded a trade. if you want someone like that around strome, nelson, lee, etc then i don't know what to say

Hip Of Rick*

Snow Must Go!
Mar 17, 2007
Philadelphia
are you serious? he was awful after he didn't get called up for training camp last year, pouted and demanded a trade. if you want someone like that around strome, nelson, lee, etc then i don't know what to say

Viz and Nabby cried and whined and tried every move in the book to avoid coming here and Snow didn't even screw them over. Do you want guys like that around JT, Nelson, Cizikas etc...

This is nothing against Clutterbuck but it was simple TERRIBLE asset management by Snow.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
do you understand the concept of value? nino had none. the fact that we got an nhl player in return for an overgrown baby is commendable.

i'd rather not have trash like cooke and nino on my team thanks.

Calling people trash sounds pretty much like that overgrown baby you mentioned.

I don't know about the Value of Clutterbuck etc. and I'm not here to say how awesome he plays in Minnesota, but watch your words in regards to Nino.
He NEVER had any issues with his mentality before, he even was a Fan favourite in Chur, Davos, Portland and they seem to love him in Minni too.
Think about that and maybe you realize that the problem was the Isles Management, not the player. He didn't force a trade because he hated the Isles, but because they didn't even invite him to camp after a good AHL season!

Tavares2TheRescue

#JreeFroadwayBay
Feb 6, 2010
Champaign, IL/LI, NY

I don't know about the Value of Clutterbuck etc. and I'm not here to say how awesome he plays in Minnesota, but watch your words in regards to Nino.
He NEVER had any issues with his mentality before, he even was a Fan favourite in Chur, Davos, Portland and they seem to love him in Minni too.
Think about that and maybe you realize that the problem was the Isles Management, not the player. He didn't force a trade because he hated the Isles, but because they didn't even invite him to camp after a good AHL season!

That's pretty much being a baby...

ichabod13

Oct 5, 2010
Baltimore Maryland

so now youre turning this into a nino coversation......he got off to a hot start in the AHL, then he cried, and then he got colder than ice. if you demand a "call up", show it on the ice. and after nino cried, he didnt show a damned thing.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
That's pretty much being a baby...

Yeah and Garth Snow sure showed Nino and his rep who was boss!
With Nino and his rep have no leverage to force a trade and publicly backing off the trade demand , trading the 20 yr old when his value was low showed Snow's the man ( sarcasm).

Insult Snow and he will banish you to another nhl franchise. No more league low payroll , no more riding those fancy AHL buses. Yeah, Snow sure showed 'em. Buy high and then sell low.

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
so now youre turning this into a nino coversation......he got off to a hot start in the AHL, then he cried, and then he got colder than ice. if you demand a "call up", show it on the ice. and after nino cried, he didnt show a damned thing.

Oh c'mon, everyone has his hot and cold phases. It's not like he demanded an NHL spot free handed, he only wanted the Chance to fight for it in camp. Not inviting him there and seeing dozens of scrubs up there must be pretty disappointing.
There is no worse way to demote a youngster than by saying "you got no chance this season, don't even try it".

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
No, that only shows that he's ready to fight, and would do everything to play in the NHL.

When the lockout ended the isles had three youngsters playing very well in Bridgeport : B. Nelson , Nino and Donovan. Donovan was in his 2nd straight, impressive season.

None of the three got called up to training camp. Nino is the only one of the 3 who acted unprofessionally. Donovan and Nelson kept playing hard, knowing they would get a chance to land nhl jobs in the 2013-2014 training camp and that is what each youngster has done.

I think Snow and Wang screwed up Nino's develop when they kept him in t the nhl at 19, then tried getting hin back on track by keeping him in the ahl all season in 2012-2013.

Snow's biggest mistake was buying high and selling low on a recent 5th overall pick.

Nino does share some blame because he did act immaturely. Two of the most impressive prosoects from this yr's training camp were Pulock and Reinhart. Reinhart, like Strome, was reportedly unhappy to be demoted.

Yet, we have not gotten public whining and trade demands from these bluechip prospects. You are on the wrong board, if you want sympathy for Nino.

Chrisinroch

Jan 5, 2013
The Golden Triangle
i think you guys will love having Clutter on your team. He just needs to get his legs back after the injury. It takes more than just skating in practice.

and yeah, that guy was trolling you

original islander

Oct 12, 2011
Oh c'mon, everyone has his hot and cold phases. It's not like he demanded an NHL spot free handed, he only wanted the Chance to fight for it in camp. Not inviting him there and seeing dozens of scrubs up there must be pretty disappointing.
There is no worse way to demote a youngster than by saying "you got no chance this season, don't even try it".

Dozens of scrubs? Who are they?
I remember the only one that I was surprised was invited was Colin McDonald who turned out to be better than I thought he would be.

luki here

Jan 30, 2011
Vienna

It has been mentioned several times that things happened that the isles rather didn't carry over into the media. Nino did something apparently, so the isles couldn't consider working with him anymore. They sold him cheap because they wanted to rid themselves of him.

Tell yourself whatever you want, he isn't wanted around here anymore.

startainfection*

onc cappy comes to his senses and trys out clutterbuck with jt and jt scores a hat trick the first game it is tried out everyone will absolutely love clutterbcuk

Snapshotgoal

Feb 17, 2013
Tampa FL
Game two was unimpressive to me as well. I hope Cal plays better, I don't care if he's coming back from an injury. If he's not ready Cappy shouldn't leave the roster spot to him. Bring up some youth and get some spark on the team. The lack of physicality is very apparent and Cal is not helping so far; so get him off the line-up until he's ready..

Hip Of Rick*

Snow Must Go!
Mar 17, 2007
Philadelphia
onc cappy comes to his senses and trys out clutterbuck with jt and jt scores a hat trick the first game it is tried out everyone will absolutely love clutterbcuk

LOL CC is a 4th line Matt Martin type player. JT would benefit from a guy like Nino;) or Hartnell, he needs someone to go into corners that is also able to receive a pass.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
No, that only shows that he's ready to fight, and would do everything to play in the NHL.

Except the part where he pouted and his production in the AHL completely fell off a cliff?

The kid has talent, but at the time was being immature. Isles management aren't innocent here by any means.... but Nino's future here was completely in his own hands at that point, and the rout he chose got him a one way ticket out. See ya, we've got plenty of talented young players that are more than happy to wait and won't sulk about it.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
More and more I'm beginning to think the real problem on that line is Moulson. Okopso looks like doo doo on that line despite being a pretty well rounded player. What that line really needs is a more complete player on the left side, at that point you can put anyone on the roster on the right and the line would work.

This lineup is filled with players that seem to flourish when paired with anyone.... and many of those guys have been tried on the top line. The only X factor here seems to be Matt Moulson.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
More and more I'm beginning to think the real problem on that line is Moulson. Okopso looks like doo doo on that line despite being a pretty well rounded player. What that line really needs is a more complete player on the left side, at that point you can put anyone on the roster on the right and the line would work.

This lineup is filled with players that seem to flourish when paired with anyone.... and many of those guys have been tried on the top line. The only X factor here seems to be Matt Moulson.

I am starting to feel as if MAYBE just MAYBE Boyes wasn't the main problem last year.

As for Clutterbuck, give the guy some damn time guys. He is coming back and had no pre season. He is going to need some time. I'm sure he hasn't magically changed into a non hitter through the offseason.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY

wow a guy who wants to play and he is labeled a cry baby??? He demanded a trade cause he wanted to play in the big leagues and was confident he could turn it around. Yet he has issues???

Viz and Nabby held out and shamed our organization but they now have multi-year deals and dont seem to be a distraction to anyone.

I know this trade is over and we need to move on but I dont care for Steve Webb on steroids. I want a John Leclair type prospect who needed to be groomed better. Something this organization failed to do.

So regardless if Nino is a 45-55 pt player for the rest of his career, he will always have more points then Cal would in all of his years combined.

I dont care if its game 55 of the season - Penalty in minutes and leading the league in checking means jack squat to me.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
wow a guy who wants to play and he is labeled a cry baby??? He demanded a trade cause he wanted to play in the big leagues and was confident he could turn it around. Yet he has issues???

Viz and Nabby held out and shamed our organization but they now have multi-year deals and dont seem to be a distraction to anyone.

I know this trade is over and we need to move on but I dont care for Steve Webb on steroids. I want a John Leclair type prospect who needed to be groomed better. Something this organization failed to do.

So regardless if Nino is a 45-55 pt player for the rest of his career, he will always have more points then Cal would in all of his years combined.

I dont care if its game 55 of the season - Penalty in minutes and leading the league in checking means jack squat to me.
I'll take 4 points, snarl, winning attitude and a true competitive spirit over A meaner Papineau, thanks. A cancer in the lockerroom with 45-55 points is not appealing. Glad he's gone.

That said, I'd LOVE a John LeClair on the team. I hope Nelson is he.

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
You know guys, trolls starve to death if you don't feed them. If some Min fan comes by to gloat, why not just ignore?

This is not a thread about Nino or Bouchard and gloating about either player is an obvious attempt to start trouble.

Clutterbuck will be fine. I watched him a lot over the years. Reminds me of Trent Hunter with better wheels and a mean streak. I am not saying he will be a star, but a big asset on the third line for sure.

Anybody who was expecting him to be in game shape after missing camp, was probably expecting a tad too much. That is especially true for a player who is not a natural talent.

I am worried about lots of issues with the team, but Cluterbuck will be a given.

As far as Trent is concerned, I don't think he is any worse than Chris Bruton and Justin Johnson in Bridgeport.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad