"Clutch" Statistical Representation of Current Bruins Players

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Nathan Horton owns this thread. Bruins Game 7 woes ended with him. Claude Julien and Pete Chiarelli should have a picture of Nathan Horton on their nightstands that they kiss every night before sleep.

If that puck deflects off of Seidenberg's stick, Horton's line would have been the single biggest reason they lost to an inferior team.

Krejci's line should have dominated that under-sized defense of Montreal, and they no-showed.

Even in Game 5, if Timmy doesn't extend that to two-overtimes that line doesn't have a chance at being the heroes.

Horton should kiss a picture of Michael Ryder making a glove save every night before sleep.

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006
Admirable attempt, but not only is sample size a major major problem, but these numbers have no context.

How do they compare to the rest of their playoff numbers? Career numbers?

If someone is "clutch," but their numbers are actually worse than their normal numbers, is that clutch?

Sample size aside, the one who I thought of even before looking at the table was Lucic:

'Clutch' numbers: 14 GP / 8 G / 6 A (0.57 GPG, 1.00 PPG)

Career playoff: 84 GP / 22 G / 32 A (0.26 GPG, 0.65 PPG)

Career regular season: 471 GP / 118 / 173 A (0.25 GPG, 0.62 PPG)

Kaoz*

If that puck deflects off of Seidenberg's stick, Horton's line would have been the single biggest reason they lost to an inferior team.

Krejci's line should have dominated that under-sized defense of Montreal, and they no-showed.

Even in Game 5, if Timmy doesn't extend that to two-overtimes that line doesn't have a chance at being the heroes.

Horton should kiss a picture of Michael Ryder making a glove save every night before sleep.

He probably should.

But he still has the craziest streak of clutchness in a single playoffs I can remember, especially considering the context. Regular play I thought the Begeron line was far better and it's too bad they get little credit for it but if we're talking an individual player being in the right place at the right time and cashing in on the right chance... has to be Horton.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I count this as part of his resume of clutch..

tumblr_lmuu17y6ct1qcsppc.gif

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Sample size aside, the one who I thought of even before looking at the table was Lucic:

'Clutch' numbers: 14 GP / 8 G / 6 A (0.57 GPG, 1.00 PPG)

Career playoff (minus "clutch" games): 70 GP / 14 G / 26 A (0.20 GPG, 0.57 PPG)

Career regular season: 471 GP / 118 / 173 A (0.25 GPG, 0.62 PPG)

Just updated the playoff stats to take out those "clutch" games. A bit redundant otherwise. Thanks for the numbers though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad