Club Gretzky on a Roll!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Club Gretzky is now on a Roll! They have found their scoring touch and the first period scoring alone was enough to overcome all that the Czech's could muster the whole game.

Is it to early to nominate them all for Vancouver in 2010?

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
Crosbyfan said:
Club Gretzky is now on a Roll! They have found their scoring touch and the first period scoring alone was enough to overcome all that the Czech's could muster the whole game.

Is it to early to nominate them all for Vancouver in 2010?

They'll be Club Hasbeens if they all come back. You need to bring in new players every few years. I think the loyalty of the Gretzky group will hurt the team in the long run if they continue it. Guys like Gretzky, Lindros, Lemieux wouldn't have played with Team Canada as early as they were using the guidelines that the current regime is using. I wouldn't knock them for keeping off Spezza/Staal/Crosby just yet, but if they don't start bringing the young players in for the World Championships and the next major competition (whether it be 2008 or 2010 if the World Cup is cancelled) then theres a cause for concern.

Viking Penguin*

Horrible Selection Of Players Mr. Giggy

Even if team Canada wins they suck. The Swiss almost lost to the Italians for **** sake. Anyhow, Evgeni Malkin has more points than any team Canada player the first 5 games. Where's Crosby?? Stall and Spezza for sure, but where is the prodigy kid!! Phaneuf and Marleau should have been a lock as well.

Drop Draper, Doan, Regehr, Lecavalier?? (maybe)

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Eck

Jan 5, 2006
Montreal
Thank Vokoun for Canada's win and thank Brodeur for stepping up. Other than Marty, Canada was pathetic.

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
so now you're turning this into a "my dad's bigger than yours!" arguement.

no, crosbyfan, i HAVEN'T watched hockey since the world cup. absolutely none. i wasn't aware the nhl was back until they made mention of it during today's game, which i fortunately found on tv by sheer luck.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
after the first period they went back to the same ol'

call it a day folks, team canada wont win a medal this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->