OT 19/3: Closed for Renovations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I would say switch.

However you would be able to get more for your money with Wii U as people are probably willing to sell more for less especially since it is in the end of it's life cycle.

As for games again I would say Switch has the better games already.

BOTW and Mario Kart are on both but Mario Odyessy, Smash Bros and Super Mario party make Switch the choice if it were me.
And those are just the first party games.
The Switch is such a better buy. Wii U is considered a relative failure, and Nintendo couldn't wait to get away from it.

Normally the biggest market share console is the one worth picking up, but Nintendo is its own animal. If you want Nintendo games, you buy the Nintendo system. The Switch in its first year already outsold the Wii U in its lifetime, so 3rd party developers will at least try to make games for the system now, and it's basically just getting started.

The GameCube is nice to have, although it's in standard definition and plays best on an old-school CRT tv.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
And the last question. Breath Of The Wild is switch exclusive? I could look it up but I'm lazy. My daughter has talked about it pretty much since the day it came out

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
And the last question. Breath Of The Wild is switch exclusive? I could look it up but I'm lazy. My daughter has talked about it pretty much since the day it came out

It’s on both.

I feel I need to point out it would have been faster and “lazier” to type “Breath Of The Wild switch exclusive” into a search engine, then typing your post.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It’s on both.

I feel I need to point out it would have been faster and “lazier” to type “Breath Of The Wild switch exclusive” into a search engine, then typing your post.

Eh it's more about convenience of people of informed opinion answering it instead of google and the possibility of someone saying something else like "it's even more worth it on the switch because it's better than the Wii u game pad when played portable" and having said direct answer already highlighted on the HF icon -especially because I had left the browser on this site and all I had to do was ask.

But you are right though

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
The Switch is such a better buy. Wii U is considered a relative failure, and Nintendo couldn't wait to get away from it.

Normally the biggest market share console is the one worth picking up, but Nintendo is its own animal. If you want Nintendo games, you buy the Nintendo system. The Switch in its first year already outsold the Wii U in its lifetime, so 3rd party developers will at least try to make games for the system now, and it's basically just getting started.

The GameCube is nice to have, although it's in standard definition and plays best on an old-school CRT tv.
TBF - I still don't think the Switch has a whole lot going for it yet. Yeah Mario Kart is fine, Zelda is okay if you're into kinda Elder Scrolls-ish Zelda games (I wasn't a fan), and the mainline Mario games all have their quality, but I still think their catalog is weak at the moment.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
TBF - I still don't think the Switch has a whole lot going for it yet. Yeah Mario Kart is fine, Zelda is okay if you're into kinda Elder Scrolls-ish Zelda games (I wasn't a fan), and the mainline Mario games all have their quality, but I still think their catalog is weak at the moment.
Agreed my Switch has been collecting dust for quite some time now.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Oh yeah and I know about Breath Of The Wild. I intend to surprise her with that one first. She loves TLOZ.

God I'm lucky

Breath of the Wild I think is the best Zelda ever made so far. I actually played it on the WiiU, have not purchased a Switch yet, waiting for the new Metroid Prime. But BoTW is just an amazing game you can play for hours. I never played it with the expansion packs have to check those out.

Agreed my Switch has been collecting dust for quite some time now.

Yeah I have had no reason to buy a Switch. A lot of games I play are available on the PS4 as well , like the Mega Man collections, and Mega Man 11 which I just picked up, awesome graphics btw. Plus companies like Capcom, Square Enix and Konami rarely make things exclusive for Nintendo anymore like they used to back in the day. Actually I don’t think they have anything exclusive recently. I also remember back in the day Square and Nintendo had a fall out sometime between FF VI and FF VII. Not sure what happened there.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Breath of the Wild I think is the best Zelda ever made so far. I actually played it on the WiiU, have not purchased a Switch yet, waiting for the new Metroid Prime. But BoTW is just an amazing game you can play for hours. I never played it with the expansion packs have to check those out.

Yeah I have had no reason to buy a Switch. A lot of games I play are available on the PS4 as well , like the Mega Man collections, and Mega Man 11 which I just picked up, awesome graphics btw. Plus companies like Capcom, Square Enix and Konami rarely make things exclusive for Nintendo anymore like they used to back in the day. Actually I don’t think they have anything exclusive recently. I also remember back in the day Square and Nintendo had a fall out sometime between FF VI and FF VII. Not sure what happened there.

Square Enix did Octopath Traveler exclusive for Switch. Good game if you enjoyed the old 16 bit RPGs.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011

I got mine for Metroid Prime (whenever it comes out) and SMT V (whenever it comes out). So yeah, it's basically been a paperweight.

It'd be one thing if they imported the old virtual console or had decent downloadable classics. I would play the shit out of some older games, but for some reason Nintendo doesn't want to print money.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Square Enix did Octopath Traveler exclusive for Switch. Good game if you enjoyed the old 16 bit RPGs.

Just started to replay FF VI right now on my SNES classic. So yeah might have to check that one out if it has a similar feel to the classic 16 bit RPG games.

BTW did you play the remake of Secret of Mana? What I really want is a Chrono Trigger remake with better graphics.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Just started to replay FF VI right now on my SNES classic. So yeah might have to check that one out if it has a similar feel to the classic 16 bit RPG games.

BTW did you play the remake of Secret of Mana? What I really want is a Chrono Trigger remake with better graphics.

FFVI is the best RPG of all time. My youngest son is named Locke. I just did a play through about a month ago.

Here is his Halloween costume when he was 1. (He is now 6)

cc35c558fa745e322379643395cc667c-pwn-up.jpg

Chrono Trigger is a close 2nd.
A CT remake would be awesome but SoM was a disappointment. I prefer the original.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raphael87

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
FFVI is the best RPG of all time. My youngest son is named Locke. I just did a play through about a month ago.

Chrono Trigger is a close 2nd.
A CT remake would be awesome but SoM was a disappointment. I prefer the original.

Yeah although the music was good, the voice over with the mouths not moving was kinda weird. CT was one of my favorite RPGs of all time FF VI was up there as well. But if a remake is done has to be done right. Still waiting for that FF VII remake which may never come.

You have a son named Locke named after FF VI? That is so awesome!

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
My wedding is this Saturday and then Sunday I leave to Thailand for the honeymoon. I apologize ahead of time if we get blown out. If we win and dominate, I will not watch a game until I am told to watch again... Or until they play Vancouver again because I already have tickets for that game.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
My wedding is this Saturday and then Sunday I leave to Thailand for the honeymoon. I apologize ahead of time if we get blown out. If we win and dominate, I will not watch a game until I am told to watch again... Or until they play Vancouver again because I already have tickets for that game.
Congrats!

Also - sadly I have to fly down to Florida tonight for a wedding this weekend. Idon'twannago.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Congrats!

Also - sadly I have to fly down to Florida tonight for a wedding this weekend. Idon'twannago.
I feel ya, its my wedding and I don't want to go. I hate being the centre of attention and all those eyes looking at me. Plus my general dislike for my family. It does not make me look forward to it. Honeymoon is going be awesome though.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Destiny 2 is free to claim on your battle.net account until Nov 18th.

A random aside, but the December Humble Monthly Bundle headliners are like exactly my interests. MGSV definitive + Cities: Skylines (including After Dark DLC). Just needs Eastside Hockey Manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->