Injury Report: Clippers fear Kawhi has an ACL injury

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
wow, if true then that's f******* terrible

the league has no one to blame but itself for all of these stars getting injured. you don't follow up the longest season ever with the shortest offseason ever

Reactions: Gecklund

serp

Jan 17, 2016

the league has no one to blame but itself for all of these stars getting injured. you don't follow up the longest season ever with the shortest offseason ever

Not to mention still having an All-Star weekend for some reason too

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

To be fair, while in terms of days last season was long they did have a 4 month break during it.

& as per below, the players also chose to start the season early. I believe delaying it would have resulted in $500mn-$1bn in lost revenue. So neither side wanted that. Though I would not be shocked if it renews calls for a 72 game season.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
To be fair, while in terms of days last season was long they did have a 4 month break during it.

& as per below, the players also chose to start the season early. I believe delaying it would have resulted in $500mn-$1bn in lost revenue. So neither side wanted that. Though I would not be shocked if it renews calls for a 72 game season.

they had a break, yes. but that was pretty much nullified by the 2-3 months they had to spend inside the bubble, especially the teams who made it past the second round of the playoffs

serp

Jan 17, 2016
This may actually help them for next year, don't see him declining his PO if he has a torn ACL.

Durant got a supermax after he had an achilles tear ( and missed a whole year on that new contract with it ). Kahwi is getting is money doesn't matter if he's injured or not. Superstars like that allways get paid.

Reactions: Voight

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Durant got a supermax after he had an achilles tear ( and missed a whole year on that new contract with it ). Kahwi is getting is money doesn't matter if he's injured or not. Superstars like that allways get paid.

Good point. & if they can't win with Pandemic P then I wonder if he decides to pack it up.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yikes, isn't that a full year off if there's surgery?
It could be. It all depends on the extent. I tore my ACL, mensicus, MCL, and meniscus root and the biggest issue with me was getting the actual surgery. Once I had it it took about 4 months to rehab (I’d probably add 2 more to get back to full basketball shape). It did take 4 months to get the surgery though to prep my knee for surgery. If it’s a slight injury it could be much less time. It really all just depends on the extent of the tear.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->